Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2005/06

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the game on tape...
Dougal had a bad game, but don't blame him. It was, afterall, Thompsons decision to come in the way he did on Novo. I don't know that it warranted a red, but what would it have lead to if he had done nothing? or simply yellowed? It's this type of tackling that has to stop!
[img=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4646/thompson5vq.th.jpg]

I have to say we outplayed the hoops except for first 20 mins or so.

Keeper unlucky on Novo's penalty. Telfer was a disgrace for you... Prso and the bunch had their way with him!

Your big man played great though, and so did Petrov.. If not for him your team would be in shambles (if they aren't already)

Looking forward to the next tilt...

Dougalhadabaddaybutit'snothisfaultyouselost...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Saw the game on tape...
Dougal had a bad game, but don't blame him. It was, afterall, Thompsons decision to come in the way he did on Novo. I don't know that it warranted a red, but what would it have lead to if he had done nothing? or simply yellowed? It's this type of tackling that has to stop!
[img=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4646/thompson5vq.th.jpg]

I have to say we outplayed the hoops except for first 20 mins or so.

Keeper unlucky on Novo's penalty. Telfer was a disgrace for you... Prso and the bunch had their way with him!

Your big man played great though, and so did Petrov.. If not for him your team would be in shambles (if they aren't already)

Looking forward to the next tilt...

Dougalhadabaddaybutit'snothisfaultyouselost...

Bluenose,

Intersesting you mentioned that you outplayed the Hoops except the first 20 minutes or so......Thompson was red carded in the 22nd minute. :D Imagine that. Anyway, those still frames posted on FF prove nothing. The video is the only way to prove that is was definintely a yellow card. Where were the still frames on Rodgiquez's and Murray's tackles, which only produced yellow cards. It was the consistency that was shocking. Mo Camara launched into a similar tackle on Prso in the second half and got absolutely NOTHING for it. He was fcuking shocking and his decision to send Thompson off was wrong, after seeing other challenges that didn't get reds. If Celtic played with 11, a draw would have been easily attained........Petrov and Balde were excellent. Even Camara, surprisingly, was okay. Our backline as a whole played alright, with the exception of a few brain cramps by Telfer(Prso's goal especially). Thompson/Lennon/Hartson were all fcuking useless so perhaps Lennon's banning and Thompson's red might get some of the other young boys in the line-up, who deserve to be there. Look for Aliadiere to play this weekend with Maloney and Beattie playing full games.......

Anyway, 34 games to I think, and having seen Rangers, they're obviously going to drop points this year, as are Celtic. It could be a 3 team race this year with the mini-Huns holding an early 3 point lead and goal difference of +11, which is very impressive after 4 games.......

Hail Hail

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...
I think now it was a red card. I have seen more stills etc... and the clip on Rangers World in the highlites package...

Thompson was behind Novo,
He launched himself at Novo from slightly behind with a leg up.
He didn't get ball caught Novo hard.

Hard Tackle + From Behind + No Ball contact + Impeding Novo's "Positive run" (ala Nando's sending off) = Red card.

What Lennon did must do all your tit's in...Selfish act chirping at Dougal like that... He'd have been better served cutting Dougal up in the media and receiving a Fine, now he will miss I think 5+ games. Like the Lithuanian Fellow from Hearts did last year for the two Sending off offences...Lennon had 3 or 4 there.
http://media.putfile.com/lemonloosesit

Also he was caught by the Sunday Herald holding his hands to his ears in front of The Gers Support, the next Photo taken was him making the "Wanking off " Gesture.... He will get a slap for that I'm sure, or will Graham Speirs start making apologies for him and start the excuse engine room soon with all kinds of rubbish like he was making the "A-Ok" sign to the trainer hiding in the background.... You canny see em... But he's there... That's no the wank sign... he's no doin tha...blahblahblah...

As for the obvious outclassing after twenty... It not to do with that,... We kept our heads, made some decent passes etc... You guys were chasing except for Bobo and Petrov...

The Success Hearts are enjoying now will be short lived IMO...
You guys will get the youngun's a run with the two retards getting suspended and they always play hard to earn a spot in the team, you have no Europe to focus on so some results should be had. As for us, we gotta get healthy, especially playing in Europe and having to hold off Youse and Heats, and any other suprises that are thrown our way... We aren't very good, and neither are yous.... Interesting season indeed.

BTW: I don't buy this shite about the Celtic supporters gettin behind Lennon, If I was you I would be raging and demanding his looses his captaincy. He cost your team there when the match was over and decided...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Hmmm...
I think now it was a red card. I have seen more stills etc... and the clip on Rangers World in the highlites package...

Thompson was behind Novo,
He launched himself at Novo from slightly behind with a leg up.
He didn't get ball caught Novo hard.

Hard Tackle + From Behind + No Ball contact + Impeding Novo's "Positive run" (ala Nando's sending off) = Red card.

What Lennon did must do all your tit's in...Selfish act chirping at Dougal like that... He'd have been better served cutting Dougal up in the media and receiving a Fine, now he will miss I think 5+ games. Like the Lithuanian Fellow from Hearts did last year for the two Sending off offences...Lennon had 3 or 4 there.
http://media.putfile.com/lemonloosesit

Also he was caught by the Sunday Herald holding his hands to his ears in front of The Gers Support, the next Photo taken was him making the "Wanking off " Gesture.... He will get a slap for that I'm sure, or will Graham Speirs start making apologies for him and start the excuse engine room soon with all kinds of rubbish like he was making the "A-Ok" sign to the trainer hiding in the background.... You canny see em... But he's there... That's no the wank sign... he's no doin tha...blahblahblah...

As for the obvious outclassing after twenty... It not to do with that,... We kept our heads, made some decent passes etc... You guys were chasing except for Bobo and Petrov...

The Success Hearts are enjoying now will be short lived IMO...
You guys will get the youngun's a run with the two retards getting suspended and they always play hard to earn a spot in the team, you have no Europe to focus on so some results should be had. As for us, we gotta get healthy, especially playing in Europe and having to hold off Youse and Heats, and any other suprises that are thrown our way... We aren't very good, and neither are yous.... Interesting season indeed.

BTW: I don't buy this shite about the Celtic supporters gettin behind Lennon, If I was you I would be raging and demanding his looses his captaincy. He cost your team there when the match was over and decided...

Hard Tackle + From Behind + No Ball contact + Impeding Novo's "Positive run" (ala Nando's sending off) = Red card

As I said, bollocks. It was a yellow card and I won't change my mind on it. Look at Novo's teammates faces when they saw the red. They were as stunned as anyone. That's enough proof for me.

Anyway, as for Lennon, he gets what he deserves. You should never be pushing and/or intimidating officials. End of. NOw, that we ned Ferguson ****ing whines all game and gets nothing.....nothing for his challenge on Beattie FROM BEHIND in the first half when Beattie was on the counter-attack. Call me paranoid if you like, the officiating was fcuking disgraceful and inconsistent. How about we Barry faking injury after Balde clattered him with a perfectly good tackle? Don't be going at Lennon unless you're willing to admit you have several whiners/cheats on your squad. Novo and Prso are embarrassing when it comes to diving. Prso was falling even before the contact with Petrov. That was a fcuking disgraceful call. Why wasn't Murray given another yellow for the foul on Maloney when he had a clear chance at goal? Oh that's right, he already had a yellow, so if the ref gives him another one, he's out for next week too. No, just call a penalty and everyone will be happy. Sorry, Bluenose, if your glasses are tinted that blue, then there is no point in discussing things.

Thompson's challenge was pure stupidity because he had fcuking 5 defenders behind him and Nedo would have lost the ball like he usually does.............but the red was diabolical. Have I said that already? Sorry, I have. I will move on now knowing that I witnessed something disgraceful on the weekend. Mr. Dougal, you have a lot to answer to............but of course, won't have to........

You're right about something, Bluenose, neither team is good. The fact that 4 teams are tied with 7 points, right behind the Huns/mini-Huns shows this could be a very congested table at the end of the season. Good luck with Anasthetic on Wednesday. I actually want the Huns to go through to take a few sound beatings and show how dry the well really is in Hunland.

TAL

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention that Petrov should have been named captain at the start of the season anyway. He is the heart and soul of Celtic in terms of playing and he certainly HATES losing. Lennon has passed it(as has Thompson) and new players need to be played. Hopefully Petrov stays where he is because Fulham is apparently putting a 4 million bid for him...........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:

It won't be if it happens. Honestly, I don't think it will because he shot down Everton in the summer and Everton is probably a 'bigger' club than Fulham. Petrov will be captain when Lennon is out, which he should have been from the start, and hopefully get a few good results. BTW, if Nedo Ferguson was a 6 million pound buy, Petrov would be about double the asking price of 4 million.........

IF he goes, it will be a very difficult season for the Bhoys. If he stays, it will still be a difficult season for the Bhoys but would be a more positive one with him.

BTW, CIChamp, how is the recruiting going for Club I? :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you arguing with these muppets Captain? Rangers supporters don't go to Ibrox to watch fitba, they go there to hate folk.

Instead of slagging Spiers you should try paying attention to what he's writing in the Herald. He's a bluenose exposing the fact that Rangers are rotten to the core. You have a chairman who is bleeding your club dry in order to keep his Companies afloat and he does nothing to address the rampant bigotry at the club because he knows that if he did the stadium would be empty. And it's hard to make money from an empty stadium.

Red card, my arse.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You only sing when you're winning.

Jinky said:
Why are you arguing with these muppets Captain? Rangers supporters don't go to Ibrox to watch fitba, they go there to hate folk.

Instead of slagging Spiers you should try paying attention to what he's writing in the Herald. He's a bluenose exposing the fact that Rangers are rotten to the core. You have a chairman who is bleeding your club dry in order to keep his Companies afloat and he does nothing to address the rampant bigotry at the club because he knows that if he did the stadium would be empty. And it's hard to make money from an empty stadium.

Red card, my arse.

Sour fcukin' grapes. Listen to yourself. What will the good people of TTP think? The "legend" is an "only sings when he's winning" type? If Fastshow is in agreement, that is.

We've gone from debating a fcukin' tackle, which was 50/50 according the your Scottish mhedia, to bigotry and the how to's of filling a football stadium. How's the www.conspiracysite.com coming along? Surely your golden tan is a disappointment this year? Hard to get UV living under your bed. The bad men lurk, you know.

Admittedly, I have had many an embarassing, sectarian argument with The Captain. Yet, enjoyed many a good time with you. A good, loyal Celtic supporter, so you are. How is that possible when I'm such a fcukin' hateful, bigoted Rangers supporter? A little dignity in defeat, eh?

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:

Red card, my arse.

I don't think I'm arguing, Jinky. I'm just calling things the way I saw them on Saturday. Bucky and I have called a truce and we are both disarming, which is the best for the forum. But TAL. :D

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy fcuk, that Bobby McMahon on Fox Sports actually said the red card was HARSH AND he said that Rangers were very fortunate to get the penalty. If Bobby says that, you KNOW they must have been horrible calls. :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you taking offence Bucky, I thought you were Spanish now.

My comments are directed more at BNJ. He brought up Graham Spiers, he posted a link to drawing of Niel Lennon being hanged and he is a muppet of the highest order if he really believes that Celtic didn't get royally fcuked over on Saturday. Fernando the commando btw, would have to make half a dozen tackles of those Thommo style tackles before he'd see his first yellow.

Oh and singing while I'm winning? Bucky, you don't know the half of it right now.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Why are you taking offence Bucky, I thought you were Spanish now.

My passport has just arrived. Now, as a proud Spaniard, I've become a huge Nacho Novo supporter. Hence my renewed commitment to Rangers FC.

Jinky said:
Fernando the commando btw, would have to make half a dozen tackles of those Thommo style tackles before he'd see his first yellow.

Obviously you didn't see the Aberdeen game. If you want questionable/debatable decisions, there were a few in that match. I certainly didn't use that as an excuse for a poor Rangers' performance. And I certainly didn't excuse Nando for getting into situations which would ultimately lead to his dismissal. It's called taking responsibility and neither Thompson or Lennon did that. Thank goodness for the truce, otherwise their behavior could have caused yet another TTP Scottish Premier League riot. What would Lean think? You should have a word.

Juan Guy

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Bobby McMahon on Fox Sports

Bobby McMahon and his posse of arse tulips fcukin' pain me. Only to be outdone by Brian Budd. His halftime analysis of the Chelsea/Arsenal match was fcuking horrendous. Surely, he was on the piss the morning of?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course my glasses are tinted blue. I'm a rangers supporter.
Fcuks sakes...

Now, I'm no bigot. It just so happened that the only vid I could find of Lennon performing the insane was made by someone wanting to Hang Lennon High. I don't like Lennon much at all. He gets away with Murder. Remeber calling the rangers support last year "Orange Bassa's?"

I'm glad we won, cause we will need the points as we get humped in Europe in the group stages.

I said (no that I look back on it, quite not-so-clearly) that If Ricksen got the red and deserved it then Thompson most definately deserved his Captain.
Ricksen did the same thing Telfer did to Prso on the side line at Midfield at Aberdeen and was sent off, albeit as a second offence, but that was questionable...

I also said that Dougal didn't have his best day...

But the last time I checked The Captain was the only Septic supporter capable of accepting defeat graciously...

All you other whankers come up with excuse after excuse...
Conspiracy this, conspiracy that.

Now Jinky- Explain to me like I'm a three year old an excuse for Lennon making the wank gesture at the rangers support!
He is as sectarian as they come...

And forgive me, I have never had the luxury of going over to see a game live yet.... But from what I can gather, and what I am told the abuse and hatred spills out of the gobs of bigots at both parks... Don't go painting all Ragers support with the same brush whether it is blue or ummm.... Tangerine :p

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky's report on Brian Budd was spot on.

I was waiting for someone else to comment on Canadas Greatest Athlete.

Shocking is the only way to describe this mans view points.

Did anyone else witness this train crash.

Shocking!!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Now, I'm no bigot.

No of course not, you're just the guy who told us all that you don't have any Catholic mates.

BlueNoseJohn said:
It just so happened that the only vid I could find of Lennon performing the insane was made by someone wanting to Hang Lennon High.

Perhaps it's a good thing then that the dead Lennon image was attached to your source as it serves to illustrate the kind of abuse he receives constantly. A bit over the top for a footballer wouldn't you say?

BlueNoseJohn said:
I don't like Lennon much at all. He gets away with Murder.

Does he now? Why don't you try checking the facts? In the five years he has spent in the SPL, Lennon has one of the best disciplinary records you will find.

BlueNoseJohn said:
Remeber calling the rangers support last year "Orange Bassa's?"

No I don't actually, could you find another piece of video evidence to prove that assertion? Are you referring to the time the Rangers Supporters Trust (an unbiased organization if there ever was one) hired a lip reader to determine what Lennon's departing words were after a game? If you buy that perhaps you might be interested in purchasing a fast ferry from me.

BlueNoseJohn said:
But the last time I checked The Captain was the only Septic supporter capable of accepting defeat graciously...

All you other whankers come up with excuse after excuse...
Conspiracy this, conspiracy that.

You are a relative billy come lately to this site so you probably don't have a clue how many times I have congratulated the blue noses on this site. Far too often for my liking. As for this game, it was not a fair contest and I don't have to accept it as such. Also if it's excuses you're looking for, look no further than McLiesh's series of unfounded complaints after your game versus the sheep.

BlueNoseJohn said:
Now Jinky- Explain to me like I'm a three year old an excuse for Lennon making the wank gesture at the rangers support!
He is as sectarian as they come...

For starters, yours is the first accusation of this sort of behaviour from Lennon I have even heard. But let's say you are right and that he did make a wank gesture towards the Rangers support. How exactly is that defined as sectarian? Because you say it is? You have no problem accusing him of actions you have no proof of so why not just take it to the next level and accuse him of being of sectarian with the same lack of evidence? Lennon has done nothing to deserve the disgraceful abuse he receives. Are you proud of how your fellow support has treated him? He has received numerous death threats, been assaulted in the street twice, been forced to move house and is constantly having to clean sectarian graffiti off the street in front of his home, all for no other reason than he is a Northern Irish Catholic playing for Celtic. Do you think he deserves that? Give your fcuking head a shake.

BlueNoseJohn said:
And forgive me, I have never had the luxury of going over to see a game live yet.... But from what I can gather, and what I am told the abuse and hatred spills out of the gobs of bigots at both parks... Don't go painting all Ragers support with the same brush whether it is blue or ummm.... Tangerine :p

Generally most clubs suffer from a small but vocal minority of idiots who bring scorn upon themselves through their ignorant behaviour.
This can be applied to most clubs but in the case of Rangers, it isn't a minority, but is in fact a majority. And you needn't take my word for it, look at what Graham Spiers, (the journalist you mentioned earlier) of the Glasgow Herald has had to say. Keep in mind that Spiers has been a Rangers supporter all his life. He has written of his disgust with the horrible behaviour of the Rangers support, not just the foul sectarianism but of the continuing monkey chants at black players. He also noted that it was the scope of the problem that was most disturbing. The decent Rangers supporters who don't like taking their kids to that atmosphere are either unwilling or too intimidated to speak out against this bigotry. Spiers has also taken Rangers chairman David Murray to task over the way he deals with the sycophantic Scottish media and his exploitation of Rangers Football Club as a business. You should be thanking him rather than condeming him. I wish he'd stay quiet about Murray's abuses as the longer Murray remains, the better for Celtic.

So no, not everyone at Ibrox is a bigot, but failing to condemn the stupidity is the equivalent of complicity.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
No of course not, you're just the guy who told us all that you don't have any Catholic mates.

Perhaps it's a good thing then that the dead Lennon image was attached to your source as it serves to illustrate the kind of abuse he receives constantly. A bit over the top for a footballer wouldn't you say?

Does he now? Why don't you try checking the facts? In the five years he has spent in the SPL, Lennon has one of the best disciplinary records you will find.

No I don't actually, could you find another piece of video evidence to prove that assertion? Are you referring to the time the Rangers Supporters Trust (an unbiased organization if there ever was one) hired a lip reader to determine what Lennon's departing words were after a game? If you buy that perhaps you might be interested in purchasing a fast ferry from me.

You are a relative billy come lately to this site so you probably don't have a clue how many times I have congratulated the blue noses on this site. Far too often for my liking. As for this game, it was not a fair contest and I don't have to accept it as such. Also if it's excuses you're looking for, look no further than McLiesh's series of unfounded complaints after your game versus the sheep.

For starters, yours is the first accusation of this sort of behaviour from Lennon I have even heard. But let's say you are right and that he did make a wank gesture towards the Rangers support. How exactly is that defined as sectarian? Because you say it is? You have no problem accusing him of actions you have no proof of so why not just take it to the next level and accuse him of being of sectarian with the same lack of evidence? Lennon has done nothing to deserve the disgraceful abuse he receives. Are you proud of how your fellow support has treated him? He has received numerous death threats, been assaulted in the street twice, been forced to move house and is constantly having to clean sectarian graffiti off the street in front of his home, all for no other reason than he is a Northern Irish Catholic playing for Celtic. Do you think he deserves that? Give your fcuking head a shake.

Generally most clubs suffer from a small but vocal minority of idiots who bring scorn upon themselves through their ignorant behaviour.
This can be applied to most clubs but in the case of Rangers, it isn't a minority, but is in fact a majority. And you needn't take my word for it, look at what Graham Spiers, (the journalist you mentioned earlier) of the Glasgow Herald has had to say. Keep in mind that Spiers has been a Rangers supporter all his life. He has written of his disgust with the horrible behaviour of the Rangers support, not just the foul sectarianism but of the continuing monkey chants at black players. He also noted that it was the scope of the problem that was most disturbing. The decent Rangers supporters who don't like taking their kids to that atmosphere are either unwilling or too intimidated to speak out against this bigotry. Spiers has also taken Rangers chairman David Murray to task over the way he deals with the sycophantic Scottish media and his exploitation of Rangers Football Club as a business. You should be thanking him rather than condeming him. I wish he'd stay quiet about Murray's abuses as the longer Murray remains, the better for Celtic.

So no, not everyone at Ibrox is a bigot, but failing to condemn the stupidity is the equivalent of complicity.

Jinky, you took the words right out of my mouth. :D ;) Well said, Jinky.

Hail Hail

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0