Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2005/06

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, Bluenose, I thnk you're being too kind to Rangers. The 12 players you mentioned.........I would say maybe 6 maximum.....

Burke is handy, Prso, Rodriguez, Ferguson(if completely healthy), Buffel(I think he will go back to Belgium), and Lovenkrands.....Boyd is a ****ing plunker and he proved that on the weekend. Do you know that he has never scored against Celtic? :D

Ricksen is done, Hutton is VERY inconsistent......Anyway, if you want to keep those guys, go ahead. :D

As for Celtic, I think Varga, Lennon, Telfer, Camara, Thompson, and Hartson should all be released.

Wilson, Nakamura, Maloney, McManus, Balde(still had a decent season overall), Keane(if fit), McGeady, Beattie(if ever healthy again), Zurawski.... should all stay. Charlie Mulgrew will more than likely be given the chance at left back with Wilson moving to his natural right back. Mulgrew impressed a lot at Dundee United by all accounts. Pearson is a chicken with his head cut off but I think he could be a good back-up for the left-back......Youngsters Quinn, Lawson, and McGlinchey will be starting to break into the squad as well as O'Dea and Cuthbert in the backline.....

For our CL campaign(hardly could call it that this year) we must sign 3 - 4 QUALITY players....but I'm not sure we'll be getting much money this year....if any. :(

Anyway, time will tell.

Hail Hail

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Ricksen and Hutton go we wil lhave nobody to play at Right Back. Ricksen is serviceable, and Hutton is a strong kid still growing into his Blue Top.
You failed to mention Stevie Smith, who at next seasons end will be the best Left Back in Scotland, as he is a special wee player, he will be class.
Boyd, I think..., we should keep as cover. He is never a top 2 striker in either side of the Old Firm... But is adequate cover as a third, fourth or fifth choice, on the cheap. He does poach quite a few, but you are right, never in big games when they are needed most.
I don't see Buffy heading home. If anything he will make a move to spain or to Holland again, if anywhere. And Barry Ferguson is class, when healthy. If he can get healthy in time for next year and stay fit throughout the year, well that remains to be seen.
I predict us to drop the 18 mil we are supposed to get on 5-6 players, namely Coupet, Govou, Boumsong, and this ridiculous rumour that Magath has already quashed of Le Guen going in for Bastien Schweinsteiger. He would be valued at 5-7 mil, which we can afford, but the matter of him signing a contract in the SPL would almost ssuredly remove his spot in the Germany starting 11.

I see you lot getting 4.5-6 for Petrov in the Summer and getting a few talents in return from the transfer market, but Chesney will not be able to replace Petrov with three or four players at that kind of money, here's hoping that there is a bosman coup on the horizon for the Tic, as next year doesn't look so rosy for the Hoops if Murray decides to splash the cash after all...Especially with a manager that can decipher the difference between his arsehole and his elbow.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result this morning eh Cappy!?
3-0 Jam Tarts. Wonderful.
They have now all but clinched second.
Sellick cannae do anything right.
Nice sitter Keane-O! Shocking really.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Great result this morning eh Cappy!?
3-0 Jam Tarts. Wonderful.
They have now all but clinched second.
Sellick cannae do anything right.
Nice sitter Keane-O! Shocking really.

Yes, a good result indeed. :D

An OG by McManus and a sleeping Boruc for the second goal.....The 3rd goal was honestly 2 yards offside.....Keane and McManus with sitters in the first half, especially McManus in the first 3 minutes. 2nd half uneventful for both teams but it was a good first half bar the mistakes by Boruc/McManus.

That's a shame that Rangers won't be in the CL. I'm sure Le Wank is happy about the UEFA Cup prospects. :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearts

Agreed.

Well done to the Jambos and Hartley in particular.
Also very happy for Pressley.

Whenever the money is on the line and you thrash the Champs like that you have to tip your hat to them.
I can't see them fcuking it up now.
It would be nice to see them make it to the group phase of the CL and give the East of Scotland a taste of it.

UEFA Cup - Here we come! :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
Well done, the Jambos. Whether Celtic laid down or not, Rangers don't deserve the second spot.

Buckfast

Well said, Bucky. :) Honestly, Celtic were attacking in the first half but both teams were content in the second half to do very little....which was disappointing to see because I got up at 6:00 to watch it. :(

It's not quite over yet because Aberdeen has been in good form lately, pummeling a Hibs team on the weekend, which beat Hearts last weekend......

Hearts have ****ed a few games up down the stretch so I wouldn't say it is yet. Rangers should handle Hibs right now who are pumped with injuries right now........which could set up the finale......

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well, the UEFA cup Finale is at Hampden this upcoming season, t'would be nice to see Us win it at Home...

Not only are Hibs injury riddled, they say they will not not lay down, but if they lose they stand a better chance of getting the last UEFA spot...hmm...

And there is the ginga sista lying through his chiclets again about someone spitting on him, Skacel didn't spit on him, and I think Skacel is a jackass...If Skacel had gobbed on him he would be crucified...Everyone knows that Sellick and Lemmon have the media wrapped roond his little finger...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Oh well, the UEFA cup Finale is at Hampden this upcoming season, t'would be nice to see Us win it at Home...

Not only are Hibs injury riddled, they say they will not not lay down, but if they lose they stand a better chance of getting the last UEFA spot...hmm...

And there is the ginga sista lying through his chiclets again about someone spitting on him, Skacel didn't spit on him, and I think Skacel is a jackass...If Skacel had gobbed on him he would be crucified...Everyone knows that Sellick and Lemmon have the media wrapped roond his little finger...

Aye, good one............The Mint has the media wrapped around his little finger.....

I didn't see the alleged incident during the game but I'll watch again and see if it is possible to see. Skacel is a dirty ****ing **** and I wouldn't put it past him to do something like that.

As for Hibs lying down.........they did it last year, why not this year again?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4964794.stm

Good luck to Hearts (and the Tic) in next years CL they deserve it.
A club the size of Rangers shouldn't need to count on others (Dons) for help.. So its of to the UEFA cup for us.

How does that song go...Things can only get better.. I think that's on UEFA's ok list for none sectarian songs?:D

Billy Boy :(

Nice post, Billy Boy. I can feel the love. :) :D

Unless all 3 teams bolster their line-ups, they'll all be out before Christmas.......:(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearts are not going to sign Lee Bowyer, as Wannabe Abramovich wanted...
I cannot see Hearts Landing anyone of decent quality, any agent will be wanting to see another competitive season by the Jamtarts before having on eof their players play there IMHO.
Dermot said no more funds, so that is probably it for the Tic, Chesney will have to do well with whatever he gets for Petrov.
The new Gaffer, or Gaffeur, will have loads to spend, or so we are told, lets see how he spends it...

BTW, the new kits look really smart IMHO. Click here to see Dado in the new kit
I wonder where in the Lower Mainland I will have to go on a trek to find it...

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the worst Rangers kit since........last year's. Who the fcuk draws that up and thinks, "pure dead brilliant, pal" ? Fcukin' bawbags.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:

Nothing sectarian there.......besides Mr. Lawwell has no other option at this point in time thanks to what their friendly neighbours have done this year at Villareal......

Guess what.....The Celtic fans which won the award in 2003 for the being so good also sang the same songs.....nothing sectarian/anti-protestant etc...just good old fashioned rebels.....:)

Tiocfaidh Ar La

To get back on topic, well done to Rangers for coming in 3rd and qualifying for the UEFA Cup. After winning NOTHING this year, all that hard work and Bosmans paid off in a trip to the UEFA Cup. :) Good stuff, Huns

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't expect anything less from Senor Lily White. The ultimate gentleman, so you are. :rolleyes:

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter her enemies
And make them fall;
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix,
God save us all!

Nothing sectarian there. Just politics. Those crazy colonists, eh.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
Wouldn't expect anything less from Senor Lily White. The ultimate gentleman, so you are. :rolleyes:

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter her enemies
And make them fall;
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix,
God save us all!

Nothing sectarian there. Just politics. Those crazy colonists, eh.

Couldn't have put it better myself, Bucky. :)

Hail Hail

Championees 2006
GIRUY :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0