Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2006/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No excuses from Strach after DC United spank Bhoys

Manager Gordon Strachan admitted Celtic had been no match for DC United after the Hoops suffered a 4-0 defeat in the first game of their three-match tour of America at the RFK Stadium in Washington.

The match also featured a red card for new signing Kenny Miller as the Glasgow team were outplayed by their Major League Soccer counterparts to suffer their third consecutive friendly defeat following a two-game tour of Poland.

Strachan offered no excuses for the defeat admitting their opponents took advantage of their greater stamina.

'They blew us off the pitch with their energy,' admitted the Hoops boss. 'Especially in the second half. As the game went on, (our) players felt less energy. That is disappointing.

'It was the lethargy, really. If you're lethargic, you'll give chances away. If you cure that, then the other things will be cured. We need to work on the lethargy problem.'

Celtic's best chance in the first half came on the half hour when Jiri Jarosik sent a long shot over the bar.

Despite being outplayed for much of the first half, it appeared Celtic would be going into half-time on level terms but Freddy Adu, just 14 when he signed a professional deal with the MLS in 2003, struck in the 44th minute after being sent through by Christian Gomez.

As the Celtic defenders appealed for offside, the 17-year-old slotted the ball to the right of goalkeeper David Marshall.

Substitute Jamil Walker doubled the lead in the 57th minute before the Hoops were reduced to 10 men when Miller was sent off in the 65th minute for a tackle on John Wilson.

From the ensuing set-piece, Gomez put in a cross which Bobby Boswell headed past Marshall.

Andy Metcalf completed the rout in the 78th minute when he dribbled unopposed into the area and beat Marshall.

Strachan did not attempt to excuse Miller for his sending off, saying: 'We're all frustrated, you have to be able to handle it. Kenny has to accept whatever comes his way.

'It's disappointing for the Celtic fans who live in this area. They'd like to see their team play better. We'd all like to see them play a bit better.'

Celtic take on Chivas Guadalajara at Giants Stadium on Friday evening in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

I don't usually post here, but I came across this and thought it appropriate.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Yes, Canucklehead, it was appropriate since Celtic play in the SPL. Good observation, big man. :D:

Hail Hail
Me being Portuguese and all, I never realized they had their own league up there.:rolleyes: To us, all Brits are considered English. Who knew??:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
For it's a grande ol' team tae fcuk off fae........

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403660&CPID=14&clid=61&lid=7&title=Agent+row+as+Alan+is+axed

Petrov, Thompson. Who wants to leave next?

We can only hope Camara/Telfer/Pearson(migh be off to Derby) will be next to leave. :) It appears WGS can't deal with the veterans with the larger salaries ironically. :) Of course that could be the board pulling the strings.

Sundowns 2 Huns 0 - That was for you, Bluenose. :D

Oh my........

Hail Hail

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think that's bad, how about this:

Legia Warsaw 0 - 1
Wisla Krakow 0 - 2
DC United 0 - 4
Chivas of Guadalajara 0 - 0

And Shitic's best player's away. Ouch.

Kenny Miller Loyal

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
If you think that's bad, how about this:

Legia Warsaw 0 - 1
Wisla Krakow 0 - 2
DC United 0 - 4
Chivas of Guadalajara 0 - 0

And Shitic's best player's away. Ouch.

Kenny Miller Loyal

Good point. I wasn't aware these games counted in the standings. Of course it might be the only chance a bad Huns team has to win this year, IF we counted these results as 4 SPL games. Although last season, it still wouldn't have been enough. Maybe for 2nd place but certainly not first.

How are you going to enjoy watching the Huns in CL action this year? GIRUY

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you talking to yourself? Or is that rambling of man who knows the Artmedia nightmare is right 'round the corner?

ohhhhhhh very scary. Bawbag.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of bawbags......we already have NO HUNS IN CL EUROPE this year and now NO HUNS IN BOLTON. The Peepil just aren't welcome anywhere. Safety issues of course......:D Pubs shut in Manchester when the Huns played in the CL against United......Celtic fans welcomed with open arms for Roy Keane's testimonial. Hmmmmmmmm. But it doesn't matter because Huns don't care what anyone thinks of them. :) Bucky for example. :) You are ra peepil......:D

As for the Artmedia nightmare, you're not even getting a chance to be in that position. :D GIRUY But then again there is always UEFA, if you qualify for that too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/5192684.stm

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason give is that they cannot promise to police the area sufficiently.
I hope Mr Murray and the Gers Management sues Bolton to recover any lost profits from Bolton not keeping up their end of the deal.

I feel bad for any "Peepils" not getting their non transferable flight to that shithole, that they paid for. Why else would you travel there? Certaninly not to take in the culture.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Good idea Sam.

Save the embarrassment.

:knvb:

The only thing you should be embarrassed about is the disappearance of your penis. Or is it hiding underneath your shwill storage? Hmmmmmm.

Peek-a-boo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0