Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Serbia - vs Croatia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that having the security there is more precaution that anything else... the players on both teams have no problems with each other so we dont expect any fighting on the field or anything... But at the same time whenever you get a large crowd together in which people have been drinking you never know what to expect and what could happen.

Who would be drinking on a Sunday night?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of Serbs and just as many Croats and James will also help. People have to be smart.
Cheer ad suport and it will all be fine. Ho cares how many cops come.
It should be dam good game.

Googles

Nov 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies for bringing up security. No problems were ever anticipated I just brought it up since there was talk about why the cost was $10. The security presence will be large though it is not anticipated to be needed. Now on to the game I think (personally) it'll be a blast. Lots of singing and cheering. Like Bob said earlier we are all Canadian and we'll enjoy the game. This is good for the league whether people like to admit it or not they are all looking forward to this game and so they should. So come Sunday lets watch soccer and have a good time. May the best team win and fans enjoy.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I hope the crowd is huge and the atmosphere is that deserving of the world game. I intend on making a Jack Nicholson like appearance in the front row and take in the action.:)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really much a do about nothing here people. Having played in the "many moons ago" series, I can attest to the atmosphere being terrific. Having said that, building up expectations for a game that should be a pedestrian victory for Croatia is silly. I'm sure the other side will play their collective hearts out, as they did 7 years ago, but clearly we're talking about two teams that are worlds apart talent wise.

Prediction Croatia win 2-0.

I can say this stuff now that I'm just a fan!:D

:bronco:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction Croatia win 2-0.

I can say this stuff now that I'm just a fan!:D

:bronco:

Wow you agree with me now if I can only get you to get rid of that fascist "I'm your boss attitude", you being a leafs and Broncos fan, we may go out for beers one day.

:p

MAX

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Bronco on all points. The "many moons ago" series was great. The atmosphere was electric and it's one tilt that won't be forgotten by the many that attended. Although there was a few hoodlums that did try to provoke the fans, and it was obvious that they had no interst in the game itself, the games went off without a hitch. I probably witnessed one of the best goals I've seen in the VMSL. A Croat player (can't remember his name) slotted the ball top corner from 30+yards out while in full stride, a truly amazing goal. Bronco, you played on that team, do you recall who it was? ;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max thanks for posting with amblam like that. That a guys with bolls. I am sure Crogora will try to find out who you are. Polska thats what soccer is all about back home. Cristians vs Orthodox. It is got nothing to do Serbs vs Croats. One side is Kokarda amblem and the other side is true amblem like max is showing. Starting with white.
to represent us as white folks from thar region. The amblem they use on todays flag never exsisted. It is a sad case of badly boiled food. And the true flag is red light blue and dark blue. It should be some game. Branco make sure all of you guys show up.
Make sure Tony T shows up. Even big Frank is here.Khalsa boys will be there. Nk boys will be there. HNK boys will be there,Torcida boys will be there,Bacardi will be there,
Sacceroos will be there, Varteks will be there, Old timers will be there also.

orletafc

Nov 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
according to different shop owners on both sides they predict 600-800people to attend. And looking at the weather channel that might be the case. It will be a good game but I predict Croatia 3 - Serbia 1....Couple of reasons Serbia hasn't played "premier" for that long and unfortunately according to the coach the guys don't train togheter as much as they should. christians vs. orthodox? hmm try Ustaše vs. Четници and other shite from history, each side blames the other. reminds me of Ničija zemlja. anyhow back to FOOTBALL. 10$ is acceptable and there won't be trouble. I know people will drink for sure since I have been made a DD for the game already. and am coming over from Richmond for the game. Anyone else making the journey?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
according to different shop owners on both sides they predict 600-800people to attend. And looking at the weather channel that might be the case. It will be a good game but I predict Croatia 3 - Serbia 1....Couple of reasons Serbia hasn't played "premier" for that long and unfortunately according to the coach the guys don't train togheter as much as they should. christians vs. orthodox? hmm try Ustaše vs. Четници and other shite from history, each side blames the other. reminds me of Ničija zemlja. anyhow back to FOOTBALL. 10$ is acceptable and there won't be trouble. I know people will drink for sure since I have been made a DD for the game already. and am coming over from Richmond for the game. Anyone else making the journey?

Coming from Richmond, eh? Would you mind picking up a drunk Irishman who is going to hang around the fence and not pay? :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you just ref the game that night, I think you would get in free then. Who wants a game like this from a refs perspective?

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you just ref the game that night, I think you would get in free then. Who wants a game like this from a refs perspective?

hos

I'm only given division two, division three, and CAT games so maybe if they're needing an assistant. :D

I wonder who is doing the middle? Anyone know? I'm guessing it's not going to be Muro. :D

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock:

For the safety of all involved including the officials, the organizers have decided that there will be no referee or assistants for this game...honour system only:D....otherwise you, more than likely, would have been asked to be the man in the middle!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is all in promotion of the league. We could have way more folks at each game if we did not have to go all over th place to play the games. We need small in closed pitch like
old Callister Park and soccer will be way more fun. Serbs and Croats with lots of folks comming out make it fun for VMSL.
Betwen Serbs Croats and Bosnian and Kosovan Muslams there is fifteen clubs in VMSL. That is dam good for local soccer.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base said:
Betwen Serbs Croats and Bosnian and Kosovan Muslams there is fifteen clubs in VMSL. That is dam good for local soccer.

Lots of fights also with Police coming to the field, just like today at Hastings....yeah damm good for local soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0