Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell: Hose plays by himself....
How's the game going? You must have a wicked handicap!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there is anyone from Vancouver Firefighters, Sapperton or Cliff Ave that gets this message, can you please PM me. It has to do with the Selects, but I need to talk to someone from each team by tomorrow. Thanks.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a rare clip which features many Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings characters. To start it off, SCP and Eric from Nordic discuss some current SMEPR issues, and talk a bit about Whitehart being a bit tardy. Then, Cside17 calls in to give his views as to how he would deal with Whitehart being late should he ever be a Coveside player. Then HacksawJim calls in to do a bit of singing. Finally, Jim Easton Sr. calls in to get Whitehart out of there near the end.

l

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off the topic of soccer/footie/roundball...if anyone is interested in an enjoyable two days of golf on the island with a half dozen VFF soccer players where golf is second to drinking and laughs a minute...playing Olympicview and Arbutus Ridge.. May15 & 16 home..or not..on the 17th...being short approx 500 or so dollars...send me a PM..seems we can't generate as much interest amongst our own team so we're opening up to anyone who enjoys a good two day hangover:D

Cheers!

Coach....missed you at the tourney:confused:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So. Another season of local Masters Football has come and gone (save for the big Selects game on May 25th :wa:). But, it has been a notable season. The VISL have after many years, taken the Provincial title, and it appears that all four leagues featured in these rankings are not only becoming more competetive, but are coming much closer to parity than in previous years. Not only that, their respective competetive levels appear to be approaching equal levels. But enough about that: there were many memorable, and somewhat surreal new experiences as well this year. For example, Sir M, having been provided an inadequate sans sausage bun by Dickens, sneaking a dried out tandoori chicken "thing" off of Blaze's BBQ on a rainy night in a parking lot in flipping Newton (note to self: Sir M...how old are you anyway?) And then, as Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings have a way of bringing has-beens together, this year, one excellent development was the various inter-league/inter-team friendships that were forged, (SCK, don't get too excited by all of Sir M's inter references). Notably, the multinational bonding between Hose and Felix, and most notably the unholy Blue Velvet tryst between Coach, Dickens, and Rangerforever.

In any event, as Sir M is actually getting a bit teary, or as our Jewish staff members like to call it, verklempt, it is now time for the final 2007/2008 edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. UVIC Alumni (VISL). This team beat everyone, and acquired all possible trophies. Will represent BC in the fall in the Western Canadians. Well done, and good luck!

2. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL). Coach's side ran away with the FVSL title, and made it to the BC final. A great bunch of guys (generally:p) , and congrats to this team on a great season.

3. West Van F.C. (VMSL). This team started slowly, but came on to win the VMSL Masters Premier title for the second time in three years. Bowed out to #2 SFC by a 1-0 score in the BCs.

4. Columbus F.C. (VMSL). Columbus had a great year, winning their side in the VMSL Masters Premier Division, and made it to the semis in the BCs, losing to the ultimate Champions 2-1 over on the Island. An inability to defeat higher ranked teams, plus no hardware this year holds them back from a higher ranking. Very good season for Columbus though.

5. Westside F.C. (VMSL). Westside had a very good season, and won the VMSL Masters Cup in the process. Still one of Sir M's favourites, they have placed numerous players on the selects side, and their fans are some of the best dancers in Masters football.

6. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Sapperton are a very good team, and have made some excellent additions recently, which earned them a trip back to the BCs this year. Staff have heard rumours of a home field change next year for this team.

7. Delta Metro United (FVSL). This team won the FVSL Masters Cup, and were a force in the Valley. Unfortunately, they lost their two best players due to age restrictions for the BCs, and bowed out to a much lower ranked team at home in the BCs. This team is well coached.

8. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL). This team, newly promoted to Masters Premier in the VMSL this year, much like Dickens on his wedding night, flew out of the blocks, and then sputtered a bit: as the season wore on, key players started to not show, and the team paid the price. However, Cliff did get into a playoff for their side of the VMSL Masters Premier, and did win their first game of the BCs. They now have a taste of the competition, and staff report, will regroup for the 08-09 season.

9. Surrey United (VMSL). A very disappointing season for the BRM this year. Injuries, lack of commitment, and suspensions, one of which is an exception to the SU recipe for success, cost this team a spot in the BCs for the first time in recent memory.

10. Vantreights (VISL) . This team was a contender on the Island all year.

11. ICSF Inter (VMSL). Inter feels hard done by after being deprived 3 points by the league this year on a technical issue, and may have lost their best player to a coaching spot at Toronto F.C., but have to be happy about being back in the BCs again this past season.

12. Vikings (NSCL). This team won the NSCL title this year, and took Cliff into OT at home in the first round of the BCs, before dropping that one.

13. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL). This team did not have a good year by their standards, missing the BCs. Are regrouping for next season.

14. Peace Arch United (FVSL). PAU this season, much like SCDMTC Blonde at Pilates this last Saturday, started well, faded in the middle, but came on in the end. They qualified for the BCs, only to get beaten by a number of goals by Columbus in the first round.

15. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Despite the loss of Tony Fonseca, this team had a much better year in the VMSL.

16. Coveside FC (NSCL). This side did not have a great regular season, but did defeat a lower ranked side at home in North Van in the first round of the BCs.

17. VicWest (VISL). This team has an excellent bus.

18. Aldergrove United (FVSL). This team had a decent year, but failed to qualify for the BCs.

19. Richmond United (VMSL). Are promoted to VMSL Masters Premier this coming season.

20. Wickham FC (VMSL). Were, rather cruelly, demoted in the VMSL this year.

So, that is it for 2007/2008 here at the rankings. On behalf of SMEPR staff, and as a bit of a preview of watching Dickens on the golf course this Friday, shanks for the memories.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At first blush, this may be a stalker type situation. The following are the string of events in relation to grissomgirl, who appears to have thus far achieved the following:

A. Contributed to the postings of clandestinely taken photos of Sir M on his teams website.

B. Contributed to the surfing of the the net to find someone who he and his mates (who seem to be inordinately and rather drastically interested in the West Van club for some reason, and who are not in their league as far as I know). And then mistakenly GGirl believed that that TV person was similar to Sir M, and then posted that photograph beside the surreptitiously obtained photo of Sir M, presumably intending to compare the two amongst him and his friends as a source of entertainment.

C. Assigned Sir M his own personal pet nickname.

D. Then signed onto TTP as an alias with a nickname that was composed of his pet nickname for Sir M cleverly followed by saying Sir M is a girl (without any spaces, so that we wouldn't notice) and possibly in a hopeful fashion, for all we know. Which, by the way, may or not be accurate;).

E. Followed this up with a few Excellent posts, such as:

Classic.

grissomisagirl

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch. LOL is such inflammatory stuff. sniff.

truth is i don't have much debate over the rankings in general, don't see most of the teams enough to comment either way, nor do i take issue with Coveside's placement (mind you we were the only North Shore team to advance against the best bus team in BC who happened to finish 2nd to the BC champs - not bad for a team from a dead league).

I don't speak for my old team or vice versa. I do get amusement from sir M's overly dramatic prediction that the NSCL was dead back when (because?) Peg left 3 or so years ago and how WVFC has loaded up their squad with plenty of pedigree and yet finished 3rd in VMSL (11 points out of first unless the website is incorrect), played a total of 90 minutes (without scoring) in Provincials and claims the bronze in rankings with a straight face. Not debating WVFC is a quality side with some good guys, but c'mon.

Columbus were obviously the class of VMSL during the season and gets to the semis (ie won 2 provincial matches) but fall short of winning it all. Still does not compute as to how they could possibly be ranked lower, but as i said, i've not seen enough to know better. Probably lots of arguments for other teams, like the other VISL teams too, given UVIC finishing on top.

I guess i mistakenly assumed that TTP meant take the piss, which is all i was doing. Sorry for seeing the ripe humour between and behind the rankings. Stalker out.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points re the 3rd place ranking - why don't you protest the rankings or better yet - why don't you do your own ?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Psst...West Van won the VMSL league title. They defeated Columbus every time they played them this year, including the title game. But Columbus is definitely a quality side.

Sir M is, as always, a Coveside fan, and was especially thrilled over the fact that they defeated the VISL side at Carson this Spring. Hopefully Coveside and some other NSCL teams can move up this coming year in the rankings, and hopefully Coveside are able to get past the dreaded Vikings or despicable Nordic for the league titlle!

And Sir M is actually quite flattered that someone has posted under a pet nickname they have manufactured for him. I am sorry the facts that I pointed out may have embarrassed you. That was quite aggressive: I tend to get hormonal about once every four weeks, and my emotions run high. I apologize for that.

Sir M.

grissomisagirl

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmm, nothing like a really late night at the railway club to make you post stupid shyte in the wee hours. here goes...

edumacate me further. did columbus finish 11 pts ahead at the end of the season? if so, is that not a measure worth used in rankings or is an end of season tourney the measure to follow. How about the fact they went 3 rounds in provincials? Is the imminent Portsmouth vs Coventry match the game that really decides EPL supremacy? Apart from proving Niko Kranjcar as player of the year, i'm sure you agree it is not.

Congrats to WVSC for winning a cup. Your team is very good, no debate. Your summer league foray should be a success as well. Aforementioned acknowledgement of team quality should have scratched that incessant itch.

My attempted point was not about my team or another's relative status, more of the neediness of one to be amoungst the top teams although a season's worth of play and provincials don't seem to merit it. it all seems a bit ...well, needy.

btw, why are you bothering to check other team's websites? stalker stalker?

once again, and for the last time - over and out

(taxman - as said i cannae comment on overall picture, nor is that my mission in daring to disagree, there is no point in me providing alternative ranking. piss taking. full stop.)

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't speak for my old team ...... So you used to play?

Peg left 3 or so years ago and how WVFC has loaded up their squad with plenty of pedigree and yet finished 3rd in VMSL (11 points out of first unless the website is incorrect)......

Pedigree? What does a good brand of dog food have to do with a bunch of close lads playing football together in the summer for fun? And yes the website was wrong It was very close but West Van finished first "luckily".... go back to your guinnes before trying to ttp.

Columbus were obviously the class of VMSL during the season.... With all due respect for columbus, this is strictly for Grissomhasnoidea... Columbus is a quality side and did run away with their division. They did play west van twice this year, they lost in league play and then Columbus also lost in the league title game to West Van. What would wickham be then? they were relegated this year. Had they played in the same division as columbus they would have finished fourth??

as i said, i've not seen enough to know better.... Then why post about things you know nothing about?

I guess i mistakenly assumed that TTP meant take the piss..... More than you know

why are you bothering to check other team's websites? stalker stalker? I guess this would be pointless when trying to do a ranking system?? :rolleyes:

edumacate me further. did columbus finish 11 pts ahead at the end of the season? if so, is that not a measure worth used in rankings or is an end of season tourney the measure to follow. ...
Again i am a knuckle head and I chew my own tongue. But I wonder if this year one side of the division was a little weaker than the other? i guess we could look at the cross over games to determine? Columbus is top notch and all class. I believe their division this year was a little shy on points compared to the other side of the division. Columbus has not beaten West Van since joining the league.... although they should still be ranked higher?.. Have another guinness and i will steal another game ball. Why would one team be relegated from Premier when they have enough points to be fourth on the other side?

Hope you enjoy watching CSI tonight.... homo.

:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic. First, everythingbutthegrissomgirls stalker version of a drunken late night post, followed by Anti Fan's (the human highlight film of drunken late night posts) version.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Lads....totally off topic but had to tell of the "Golf Trip".....yes there still was one...although numbers were way way down due to...who knows how many different excuses...but Four lads sailed the ship....the golf,weather,beer.....EXCELLENT:D....The Strath...was a great host as always...Ollie runs a superb establishment...especially the Roof Top:eek:...due to the heat of the day...the females were dressed appropriately...BARELY!!:bronco:.....hopefully the turn out for next years jaunt will be better attended!

Cheers!

We may head south next year!:cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here, in video format, is a bit of a summary of this weekends excellent roadtrip to Kamloops with the bearcubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0