Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless she happened to be in Buffalo Bill's talking to the Captain, Dickens probably did not notice her...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know Freddy, I am sorry. But I am still sitting here laughing. Dickens may have a comment.

We are easily amused here up in the North.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speechless: my guess is that you will probably trick your coach with the old lots of mustard, lots of peppers with no sausage in it because you ate it already...in a bun for that one (sorry I can't call it a hotdog because that is a bit incorrect on this site I am told). Because I was certainly speechless after that little gift.

That was an effective Dickens bounceback.

Speaking of that, do not talk about the bearcubs bouncing up and down on Eagles' torso. That is between us as club members.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, to quote Mrs. Sir M, it has now come down to this. Much like our friend Anti Fan's dental situation, we are down to the final four. All ranked teams will be travelling to Victoria this weekend, and will after some excellent Masters football, establish the BC finalists. But, this week, as a bonus attraction, one hatched by new SMEPR consultant Judy Chort, we here at the rankings have gotten away from the WAB rankings reference. As a replacement, we have incorporated the Chort's Hopeful Odds for Respective Titlehopefuls (hereinafter referred to as CHORT) selections into these Rankings. The CHORT ranking is basically odds to win the BCs, based on some advanced mathematical analysis. I am sure everyone, except perhaps Dickens, will be able to follow this. But now, it is time for this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 1. CHORT odds: 190 to 100). This side scrapped out another 1-0 win against another relatively highly ranked VMSL side last weekend. They have had triumphs in their toughest matches they will face in the BCs (except perhaps for the final) thus far, and play a style that breeds success. As opposed to Paula Abdul, who just breeds. Play Vantreights next, and staff like their chances in that one.

2. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 2. CHORT odds: 240 to 100). Some staff have made an argument that this team should be ranked #1 after outscoring their opponents 9-1 in their first two games in the tournament, but staff have dismissed this because Surrey Rangers have more Scottish players. They are up against UVic away next in a semifinal. Traditionally, this side does not like to travel, which is a bit of a paradox for a team named Columbus.

3. UVIC Alumni. (VISL. Last week's rank: 4. CHORT odds: 340 to 100). Some staff have argued (Staff member Sweeney Todd, for example), that after their win over Westside last weekend, that a #3 ranking is somewhat cruel. That may be true, but as a concession, these guys have a demonstrated ability to gain employment in the greater Victoria area. Big game, MOTW, hosting Columbus this weekend at RAP, and after what happened last year at Adanac, they feel that Columbus owes them points.

4. Vantreights (VISL. Last week's rank: 6. CHORT odds: 780 to 100). This side has been underated thus far by Rankings staff, and actually they are a bit self-deprecating, and also tend to poke fun at themselves. Staff have spent some time analyzing this side, and have determined that, much like Mrs. Sir M, they may be a bit overweight, but are cold, tenacious, calculating, and know exactly what they are doing. They should not be taken lightly: they are expert in setting a bit of a country bumpkin trap: and then when you least expect it, they pounce. Coach, beware. Seriously.

So, it is the semifinals this weekend. Should be a couple of great games. Next week, we will be down to the finalists. Good luck to all four teams.

Sir M.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sirm.... How the %&($ did Van Shites become ranked in your top four..... ?

Strange we haven't Heard from Hose or Sal this week?..... Was it gay pride week?

Sirm... I notice your ranking system is out of 100? Jody Chort is 38 (DD) 32 38 Which equals 108 and the DD must be some secret code? Ask Mrs Sirm... I believe the DD cost her $8,000... same money VMSL has put up for Walks to better himself as a Linesperson..... The extra 20 bucks was for a hair cut so he didn't look like the DVD cover of the movie " Falling Down"

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's driving that bus?? Is it travelling to Chilliwack,that would be the smart thing,but then again..where's the challenge of trying to make it home?

Cheers!

Somebody tell Hose the foursome is full and he'll have to start his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0