Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey RF pure talent baby teach Hos to come out to the big games and play with the big boys!!!!!;)

Spot on Sparechange, "come out to the BIG games", that is exactly why the GEU match was optional for many of the Mighty Rangers. We had more of the big boys out for White Rock, you know, the team that took out the mighty GEU.

By the way thanks for the big Corona, it will stay in the cooler until the cup run is done.

hos

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Sparechange, "come out to the BIG games", that is exactly why the GEU match was optional for many of the Mighty Rangers. We had more of the big boys out for White Rock, you know, the team that took out the mighty GEU.

By the way thanks for the big Corona, it will stay in the cooler until the cup run is done.

hos

It will barely have time to Chill, before you drink it then:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps, but if I was signed with West Van, that beer would be safe until 2009!

At least you boys can watch your Premier team get spanked by Reedie and his Peg young guns.

hos

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL.. That is why we keep red Wine in the cooler... It ages better than the Coronas.

HOS, you have clearly dipped into the cooler already today if you think Reedie has a chance Friday. It should be a well coached game on the side lines between reedie and Spada, with Eagles making sure they stay within their coaching boxes. Reedie will be throwing pints at Spada and he will be returning fire with Empty Chew tins...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should be a classic, but I have one question, is Reedie signed with his team. How great would it be seeing Old Robby Reed coming of the bench leading his team to victory past his former team mates.
Even more amazing would be Spada coming off the bench too, good old times on the North Shore.

hos

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not positive, but I think reedie is signed. Spada only leaves the bench these days to get another bottle of Fireball. We are still trying to lure Spada out of retirement for us.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Reedie is signed, even played between the pipes a bit I believe which would have made him the best keeper in all of SFC for the year.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are not giving Reedie enough credit, I would have said best keeper is Surrey out right, but SFC as a club is very strong in that position. But he is no O-dog.

By the way, could I put my Corona in the Slurrey United Cooler, I am sure it will be safe there until Cup starts.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Reedie..........."MAKE IT HAPPEN"!

The School bus is all charged up and ready to roll!

After you take care of West Van this weekend........Maybe we can do the same in a couple of weeks time!;)

Regs..........Who are you cheering for or are you pulling a Switzerland on us.:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There were a few games this weekend, and we are now winding down to the BCs, and in the next few weeks, staff will be (for you FVSL people out there) separating the wheat from the chaff. And no RF, this is not about you. Just use talcum powder.

In any event, here we go with this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 2. WAB rank: 3). Westside are back in the #1 spot after a very gutsy and emphatic win on the weekend in Cup play against a relatively stacked Sapperton side (but enough about Arnie's man-boobs). They are into the semis against Wickham, and a win will guarantee them a spot in the BCs, which is a tough go these days in the VMSL.

2. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 1 WAB rank: 1). This team did not play and WS's big win drops them down one spot. Plus they missed a golden opportunity to bribe Sir M out at Ambleside on Friday. Away at DMU next in a Cup quarter-final.

3. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 3. WAB rank: 2). Columbus did not play. And they do not play again this coming week. Hopefully this will give them a chance to have their #1 striker get fit, because the two they had up front a couple of weeks back were, well...Rubenesque...(that means someone who is close in physical appearance to the VMSL scheduler). On solid ground for the BCs and the league title.

4. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 4. WAB rank: 4). This side has not played since JAGS was fit, and no league game this weekend. Friendly against Cliff Ave. is scheduled though. Are in the BCs.

5. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 5. WAB rank: 9). This side was also idle on the weekend, and are in the BCs. Friendly against WV on Saturday coming up.

6. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 6. WAB rank: 6). This team has a rating of three straight 6s. Sounds like Sir M's last three dates. Big win over PCOV on the weekend, and with a win over the 22nd Ave side Inter is back in the BCs. :wa:

7. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 8. WAB rank: 8). Did not play on the weekend, and have to wait to see their Provincials fate. Staff are currently making a bold move by predicting that this side will be in a playoff for a BCs spot.

8. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 7. WAB rank: 5). This team had a great effort against Westside in Cup on Sunday, but, alas, were knocked out of play. There is a good chance that both Sapperton and Surrey will play off for the final VMSL BCs spot.

9. Peace Arch United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 15. WAB rank: not ranked). This side defeated a hot (in a non-sexual way of course) GEU team on the weekend, and have put themselves right back into a battle for a BCs spot out in the Valley. Although Peace Arch is not in a valley last time Sir M looked. They host Sikh next at home.

10. Wickham FC (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 11. WAB rank: 11). Staff had a tough time with this side's ranking this week, as they had a tough job in comparing Wickham's 6-0 result over Div 1 Vancouver United, vs Aldergrove's 6-0 FVSL win over White Rock. Based on a slight edge in the level of competition, Wickham move into the top ten. Do or die this Sunday out at Hillcrest for a BCs spot. If ever a club has something to salvage, it would be these guys. Could be a real battle, and WS needs to be very careful.

11. Aldergrove United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 10. WAB rank: 10). This team won 6-0 on the weekend, and are also battling for a BCs spot. They host the Mission Blues in a huge Cup game this weekend.

12. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12. WAB rank: not ranked). These guys handled the Sikhs easily on the weekend, and have a chance to get into real contention for a BCs spot against Aldergrove. Or not.

13. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16. WAB rank: not ranked). This team is back in it after an easy time out in Abbotsford on the weekend. Something Sir M himself has heard about actually. Huge game hosting SFC Rangers this Friday, Sir M may even come to see that one in person, if someone was to give him the name of the park. Big BCs implication in that one.

14. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 9. WAB rank: 7). This team unfortunately cannot qualify for the BCs, and their season is done. But staff have to say, full marks for competing in Cup play this year. Plus they stay up in Premier again this year: this side could be going in the right direction. Actually now that I think of it, SCP looks way more like Lionel Ritchie than does Mr. Rempa in that video on the VMSL Premier site.

15. GEU Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13. WAB rank: not ranked). Down two spots again after their loss to PAU. May have to wait for next year, staff are staying. Rumour has it Moneyman is working on a big merger with Ghouse over at ACBC, but that is not confirmed. Host LAB next.

16. 22nd Avenue Lions (VMSL. Last week's rank:17. WAB rank: not ranked). Another win puts this middle of the pack Div 1 side into the semi-final this weekend against Inter. This side is a bit of a Cinderalla story in the VMSL, although truth be told, if you see these fellows on the field the last descriptor you think of is Cinderalla...seriously. Can they do it? Inter hopes not...the winner of this one is in the BCs.

17. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 14. WAB rank: not ranked). This team did not play, some sort of glitch staff report. NAFC next. Coveside will be in the BCs.

18. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: not ranked. WAB rank: not ranked). Ok, maybe Sir M is getting a bit sentimental here, but this side not being in the BCs is just wrong. This team could win the BCs, and on any given day, beat anyone in these rankings. (OK, Sir M let staff member Taxman post this last sentence, he needs a bit of help with Revenue Canada all of a sudden, thanks to Moneyman). But, the BCs are a weaker competition without this side.

19. Vikings (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked. WAB rank: not ranked). They beat Nordic 2-0 on the weekend, and are probably in the BCs. Play Seymour next.

20. Richmond United (VMSL. Last week's rank: not ranked. WAB rank: not ranked). Before we start cutting these rankings down to say the last 16 or so, staff wanted to make mention of this RU side, who could have rolled over and played dead after their demotion of last year. Instead, the Idiots (possibly because they did not know any better), soldiered on and have won Div One and are back in Premier for next year. On behalf of staff:

Welcome back, gentelmen.

So there you go.

Sir M.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One word..............Shocking ........No two words.......Fcuking Shocking!

Yes i passed up the Peg game to sit in a box for the Canuck Game.........

But to have our # 1 ranking stripped away just like that is Offside.

Be prepared for a nice Weds night post.

Shocking..................:confused:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give your head a shake Sir M...........

The more i think about YOUR rankings, the more i smell a controversy here!

Remember how basically the same Westside team got beat in the B C' s by Aldergrove last year..............Yes they are on a roll but "Give Me Strength Man"

Shame on you Sir M..................Shame on you!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
their #1 striker get fit, because the two they had up front a couple of weeks back were, well...Rubenesque...

Ouch Hose!!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there is a god in heaven...........

Then we will get West Van in the first round at home.

Not on that up hill slope they used to call Kinsman.

Is TTP covering the draw again this year Regs? (Quality Stuff)

I hope Sir M can go on there again and once again predict most of the games Dead Wrong like he did last year! (It will keep pace with his Rankings)

I do recall Regs taking us last year to take out Columbus in the final!

Shocking.

kingR

Apr 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if it's just me or not.... but this last post by coach ( and I don't know who he is) sounds sort of like LMS. LITTLE MAN SYNDROME. What do you think Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
King R...thoughts...everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I do not blame Coach: I am up for personal attacks if that makes clients feel better. I do mot think that characterising people in a broad sense is on, so I am afraid I cannot buy into your suggestion King Richard. I have respect for Coach, and I recognize that he is a passionate person, that is why his team is successful out there in the valley, and clearly he is a man of faith. And I do not blame my friend for his emphatic wish for a home field advantage, most managers would do the same.

PS: King R, whats wrong with the Canucks, maybe we need you back in the pipes?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC & Delta have clinched Provincial births out of the Valley. Battle between Peace Arch, Mission, Aldergrove for the last spot. GEU is a real long shot. Cup game on Friday between Delta and SFC is a benefit for the other teams trying to get into the BC's.

Sir M I have read the rankings all year and love them........but you really need to get a reporter on staff from the Valley. Your view is clouded from all the smog on your side of the bridge. Maybe Coach :)

Posated by Balsa under the wifes username :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0