Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is still going on - :) BTW where are all the FVSL teams in the final ? Semi-finals ?
Good to see - I think Westside will do it as I am one of the 4 that voted for them a few weeks back.
As for the re-enactment match at Queens I bet WAB loses in the beer gardens again - unless he brings a straw.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure Taxman...How did your B C run go this year pal??

That good eh??

I was talking to Leatchy this week and he said that you guys actually should have been relagated??

WoW, tough times indeed!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Sarge, Sal, and all the rest of you Columbus Boys!

Good Job Guys!

You boys have battled hard for years and deserve this one.

Enjoy...It may be Masters but it still is Fun!

Nice Stuff!:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to go Hose et al, and unlucky Freddy, Peter etc. A year end rankings will be coming out in the next week or two.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to go Hose et al, and unlucky Freddy, Peter etc. A year end rankings will be coming out in the next week or two.

Next week or two? Did the staff go away for the long weekend or is the Human chest at a shot put competitiion in Ugene Oregon?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks. That was a tough one to come up flat on. Columbus was the better team on the day. Congratulations Columbus.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Columbus. Sarge where are the Western's this year? Open age is in Saskatoon! Dicken's Cider thanks for your input, as usual you are still a retard!

You are are still SHITE!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The cup did take a beating at the Roxy last night. The last time I saw the cup, Meg in the Box (F.C.) megged the waitress and the keyboard player at the same time. It's great, the cup is now in three pieces so three guys can take part of cup home. Can somebody please return the Surrey Rangers decal.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Columbus, even thought you boys had the weak side of the draw, you guys are up there with the Rangers now.
I am sure that Sarge had something to do with the "Meg in the Box", that is his classic move.
Well perhaps a Surrey team can take the title Cup away from you boys next year, off to the Roxy to check the lost and found.

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, lets get back on topic here. This is a thread about Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings. It was a good year for many, (Hose, Sarge, anyone from Richmond or the NSCL), and not such a good year for people like RF, Coach, Sir M, and WAB in the end. But having to wear weird looking wool outfits and fake moustaches is not what we are here to talk about. Staff want to, as a whole, rate all teams based on what occurred this last year.

So this is about the 2008-2009 final edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Columbus FC (VMSL). Columbus are BC Champions, were 2nd in the VMSL, and lost in the semis of the VMSL Masters Cup.

2. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Sapp had a dream year until they reached the BCs. VMSL Masters league and Cup champs.

3. West Side (VMSL). Westside got everyone together at the end, and got to the BC final.

(Interlude:

"Sir M, post the damn rankings." )

Ok, WAB , take it easy...I am all over it.

Anyway, sorry about that distraction. I will continue now.

4. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL). SFC were near the top in league play, won the FVSL Masters Cup, and got an unlucky draw in the first round of the BCs. But from what I saw, they warrant this ranking.

5. West Van FC (VMSL). WVFC were VMSL Masters Cup finalists and lost in the semis of the BCs. They may have some good news to come from the club for next year.

6. Delta Metro United (FVSL). DMU won the FVSL Masters league, and lost in the cup final. They made it through to the final eight of the BCs.

7. PCOV (VMSL). PCOV gave the BC Champs a run for their money in the first round of the BCs. It is good to see this side back again.

8. UVIC Alumni (VISL). This team won some serious hardware on the Island, and made it to the semi-finals of the BCs. That one did not go well for them.

9. RCIU (VMSL). RCIU had a very good year, finishing 3rd in the VMSL. They remind staff a bit of Sapperton two or three years back, and if they can continue to add talent at the level that Sapp has, they are a team that everyone should watch out for in the future.

10.Surrey United (VMSL). Surrey Utd has been ranked at a very high level at certain points over the last couple of years, but this last season were a tad mercurial. This team, in recent memory, was by far the most feared side in BC Masters football. They are looking to bounce back in 2009-2010.

11. Nanaimo FC (VISL). Nanaimo were one of the best teams on the Island this year, and proved difficult to play against in the BCs.

12. Coveside FC (NSCL). This side had a Renaissance year, winning some hardware in the NSCL, and getting a win in the BCs. And of course, earning this year-end ranking.

13. Mission FC (FVSL). Les Bleus qualified for the BCs out of the FVSL this year. You never want to have to travel out there to play, staff report.

14. Vantreights (VISL). Vantreights had a good year this year. In fact, every year is a good year on the Island. Sir M may have just set a record for using the word "year" I think.

15. Roma (NSCL). Roma won the NSCL league title, and were ahead of Westside in the first half of their debut in the Provincial Cup. Things changed quite quickly after that, but nonetheless, Roma had an excellent season.

16. Cliff Avenue (VMSL). Cliff are not happy with their season, and are looking forward to an improvement next year. (SCK, I will PM you with the number you are looking for).

17. Wickham (VMSL). If you do not factor in personality or charisma, Wickham are top drawer.

18. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL). Not a good year for this team. Scotty et al, any updates? Are you going up, down, merging again etc?
SMEPR fans want to know...

19. Vikings (NSCL). This team made the BCs out of the NSCL this year, but unfortunately lost out in the first round in that tournament.

20. Inter (VMSL). A disappointing season for Inter.

So that is it. Have a good summer everyone. And in the near future, I am sure we will see you on the thread known as...

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010.

Regards,

Sir M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great wrap up M, now if you could only take into consideration the players that teams will be adding next year too, well Columbus will be #1 if they pick up the additions of Notty, the Gaita's, and Carmen, those 4 right there make them the team to beat next year.
I am sure that WV will be trying to get VMSL League MVP for next year, and a few other old boys.
You be interesting in the off season and Nations Cup.
Thanks for the rankings all year.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0