Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of the comments on Youtube

All time greatest speeches:

John F Kennedy, "Ich bin ein Berliner", 1963

Sir Winston Churchill, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.", 1940

Martin Luther King, "I have a Dream", 1963

FD Roosevelt, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself", 1930

Harold Macmillan "“The wind of change is blowing through this continent.", 1960

Vinnie Jones "Don't waste my ****ing time on a Sunday by coming here and wanking it off", 2011.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like one of Tuppers speaches. I tuned out about 1/2 way through and after 50 or so F-Bombs.

Kind of like I do w/ Tupper's speaches.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Sir M gone on vacation again?? Heck just cause his team get's knocked out of their Cup in the first round, doesn't mean this site should be about "Youtube video's" now!! There have been lots of games in the FVSL with Cup and League and also in the VMSL. Get the top 20 up Sir M and quit being a sore loser!! PCOV should be in the top 6 with their big upset of the mighty West Van!! Also Norvan from the NSCL should move up with them winning the league with 1 game still left!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There haven't been enough games over the past few weeks to evaluate things completely Conductor. Staff are hoping that the slate of games this weekend will provide some context. The Horses keep creeping up dangerously close to the top 20 BTW...Sir M.

Quite a stretch that PCOV will be top 6, as Staff pride themselves on operating in the realm of reality. Top ten is a possibility though.

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff pride themselves on operating in the realm of reality.

With the Horseman playing a grueling schedule of two games, and you already stating not enough games over the past few weeks! It would make sense for them to be in the top twenty!

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M - JTL just called from Mexico. Said he was tired of looking at himself in the mirror while flexing (something Bored never gets tired of). Wants to know when you are going to be posting your latest version of the rankings.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its alright, he emailed me a couple of days ago. I think I am going to wait and then do a comprehensive Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings once all of the leagues and Cups are done. Those rankings will systematically rank all teams who have qualified for the BC Provincial Tournament. These rankings will also include VISL teams, so staff members Jojo13, Meatgrinder and Kjell Busey et al, if you could expedite putting an end to your fruitless "sit in" outside the Wickanninish Inn, protesting environmental violation or whatever, that would be wonderful. Get cracking, we need your input.

And tell the birds you met to trim things up a bit down there, they are no longer in Clayoquot.

M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I am going to wait and then do a comprehensive Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings once all of the leagues and Cups are done.
Well in that case Sir M, you might as well exclude the NSCL teams from your rankings! Not that the teams from there really matter anyways. Looks like their league Cup won't get done till all their teams are out of the BC's. NSCL hasn't even scheduled their 1/4's yet. With this weekends match-ups being a game between NAFC and LV Azteca to decide who gets in for the 3rd spot to the BC's. The other game scheduled is for Coveside to play a Nov28th make up game against Nordic!!

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,
not sure I agree with The Castilians being ranked #1 in your last and maybe future rankings.
Although we haven't lost this year,its not like we are playing teams from the VMSL,that's another level.

top 4 maybe

1/Columbus
2/West Van
3/Sapperton
4/Castilians

just sayin..........

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,
not sure I agree with The Castilians being ranked #1 in your last and maybe future rankings.
Although we haven't lost this year,its not like we are playing teams from the VMSL,that's another level.

top 4 maybe

1/Columbus
2/West Van
3/Sapperton
4/Castilians

just sayin..........

Jeezuz...now I know where your kid gets his sandbagging BS from.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
No BS here Alphabet,

The Castilians won everything easily in FVSL last year,came up against Columbus in The Provincials and lost.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alphey, The Watchman is being smart here: traditionally being #1 in the rankings going into the BCs is akin to the old "Sports Illustrated" cover curse. First ranked SMEPRteams over the past several years have really disappointed in the BC tournament.

The Watchman was born at night....just not last night.

Sir M

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alphey, The Watchman is being smart here: traditionally being #1 in the rankings going into the BCs is akin to the old "Sports Illustrated" cover curse. First ranked SMEPRteams over the past several years have really disappointed in the BC tournament.

The Watchman was born at night....just not last night.

Sir M

Great stuff SirM, but theWatchman is right, we've yet to prove ourselves against a top VMSL team. And we all know that's the real measuring stick.
I know because they keep telling us that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about that Yoda.

I got a PM from Bored this morning, writting a lot of smack about the VMSL competition.

He said he hoped that the road would go through Merto Ford, Columbus, Surrey United, then a meeting in the final w/ WestVan.

Ultimately, though, Bored figures it will actually be a Castillians / South Delta Final. He also figures Castillians should be ranked CN (For Chuck Norris, the only ranking better than #1).

His words, not mine.

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great stuff SirM, but theWatchman is right, we've yet to prove ourselves against a top VMSL team. And we all know that's the real measuring stick.
I know because they keep telling us that.

After playing in the valley for the past 2 years and migrating to the VMSL this season...i've seen what the best of both has to offer. After we narrowly squeeked by Westside A and Columbus in the past 3 weeks, I would say that Pocohontas is by far the class of the province. Nobody will touch you guys this year.

Start planning the parade route Yoda. I would think to head down Shaugnessy and end at Gates???

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well in that case Sir M, you might as well exclude the NSCL teams from your rankings! Not that the teams from there really matter anyways. Looks like their league Cup won't get done till all their teams are out of the BC's. NSCL hasn't even scheduled their 1/4's yet. With this weekends match-ups being a game between NAFC and LV Azteca to decide who gets in for the 3rd spot to the BC's. The other game scheduled is for Coveside to play a Nov28th make up game against Nordic!!

Conductor,

Do you think that Coveside will even have enough players to play their make up game from NOV.28th, maybe the NSCL should start playing there League cup games before the BC's start. Looks like your team will be playing soccer in May after all.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said he hoped that the road would go through Merto Ford, Columbus, Surrey United, then a meeting in the final w/ WestVan.

Sounds like bored. Always looking for a challenge :)
If that was our draw and we did make the finals, we would have had horseshoes up our asses for sure!

I'm sure we'll just have be happy with a good showing against the VMSL and do the best we can

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like bored. Always looking for a challenge :)
If that was our draw and we did make the finals, we would have had horseshoes up our asses for sure!

I'm sure we'll just have be happy with a good showing against the VMSL and do the best we can

I'm just worried about numbers,we lose 2 key under 35 players and with our continual injury problems,we could be in trouble,but I guess all teams are in the same boat.

Like JTL tells the lads,It's just a game,go out and have fun.:wa:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Horseman playing a grueling schedule of two games, and you already stating not enough games over the past few weeks! It would make sense for them to be in the top twenty!

Would like to see a match of the horses vs Roma unless they are scared? Before a nscl. Team makes the top 20 which I don't think they deserve . Going on past results in bcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0