Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for everyone's patience on waiting for the final pre-BCs rankings, and special thanks to all of our Island correspondents for their input. So here we go with the latest edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2010-2011...

1. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last rank: 1. Poco won the double in the FVSL, and are going to host Qualicum in the first round in a bit of a David and Goliath matchup.

2. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last rank: 2. Columbus won the VMSL title, and host their Portuguese rivals PCOV in a round of 16 game.

3. UVIC Alumni (VISL). Last rank: not ranked. UVIC won the VISL, and although they lost in the Cup final to Gorge, they were seeded out of the VISL. They host WRU in an intriguing matchup in the round of 16.

4. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last rank: 4. Sapp continued its roll and won the VMSL League Cup. They finished 3rd in the VMSL. They have a preliminary round game against Gorge, and are complaining about their draw.

5. West Van FC (VMSL). Last rank: 3. West Van finished 2nd in the VMSL by a point. They must travel to the Island this weekend, but have bolstered their lineup with some notable signing deadline acquisitions.

6. Gorge FC (VISL). Last rank: not ranked. Gorge finished second in the VISL and won the Cup. They travel to Sapperton in the preliminary round.

7. Westside A (VMSL). Last rank: 6. This team is the defending BC Champs and have had an opportunity to get healthy. Some more than others. Bye first round, they play the winner of Sapp and Gorge in the round of 16.

8. White Rock United (FVSL). Last rank: 5. WRU were finalists in the Cup. Away to UVIC in the round of 16, they could jump way up with a win on the Island.

9. Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL). Last rank: 9. This team started to come on in the end, and I believe may have nicked second place in the FVSL. They will host the winner of Surrey Utd. and Coquitlam MF in the round of 16.

10. Surrey United (VMSL). Last rank: 11. SU had a nice late season run and are back in the BCs. They host Metro Ford in the preliminary round this Sunday.

11. Coquitlam Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL). Last rank: not ranked. This team made a storybook Cup run to qualify for the BCs, and are getting promoted back to Premier next year. Off to CAP Sunday to play against a few of the players that left their team when they got sent down.

12. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Last rank: 10. PCOV have been playing well defensively of late. They have drawn Columbus in the rouond of 16.

13. Norvan FC (NSCL). Last rank: 14. Norvan was a seeded team out of the NSCL, having won the league. They play another NSCL team in the round of 16, so there is a good chance at least one of the NSCL teams will progess to the quarters again this year.

14. South Delta FC (FVSL). Last rank: 7. SDFC faded at the end, and were the #4 qualifier out of the FVSL. Good draw though: they play the winner or Vic West and Nanaimo in the round of 16.

15. Vic West (VISL). Last rank: not ranked. Third out of the VISL, this team meets up with Nanaimo in the preliminary round.

16. Vantreights (VISL). Last rank: not ranked. Staff report that this team can hurt you at anytime with their secret weapon Big Unit 11. They host West Van Sunday.

17. Nanaimo FC (VISL). Last rank: not ranked. They face Vic West at Finlayson Park on Sunday.

18. Roma FC (NSCL). Last rank: 19. This team will host the winner of West Van and Vantreights in the round of 16. Some TTPers compare this team to West Van FC.

19. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). Last rank: 15. This team smokes a lot of drugs, and have cool uniforms. They face NSCL rivals Norvan in the round of 16.

20. Qualicum FC (NISL). Last week's rank: not ranked. This team is the lone qualifier from the North Island, and staff do not know a lot about them, as the satellite phone at Molly's Reach is currently down.

Good luck to the competing teams this weekend, and eat your vegetables. Staff will cut the rankings down to 16 after the weekend.

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Castilians would rather be ranked a wee bit lower,but after a strong Cup Final win we feel confident going into the BC's.
We do lose our skipper RP and our sweeper Stu Currie,these lads remind me of Roy Keane and Martin Gjoreski respectively.We will miss them both,but good teams find a way to win no matter who is missing,so no excuses.Should be fun.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, poliiiiicccceeeee the only thing comparable with these two teams is that they play their home games on the South side of Lions Gate and Second Narrows bridge. West Van is a classy team with loads of talent. They are are probably liking the fact that they can take out the 16th and 18th seeds from SMEPR. These games as a nice easy warm up before they need to pull out the big guns and bunker down for the all out war that will happen when them and POCO square off in the quarter finals!

Some TTPers compare this team to West Van FC.

To answer your question Yoda,
How many teams in the BC's actually will be losing underage players?

Roma scored 45 goals this year and we lose 33 of those goals due to underage players. So technically our teams GF/GA is a -2 now going into the Cup run!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know but they left MF when that team got sent down 2 or 3 years back, which is what I was saying. :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor, staff have noted that others have made comparisons as follows:

If WV can win their first game they will have a date with Roma in what could be the best match of the whole draw. These teams are very similiar in talent and physicality. It could come down to coaching between Sir M and the Conductor.

In any event, it will be very tough for West Van to get to a game against Roma anyway as Vantreights in Victoria on the first leg of the doubleheader is going to be very tough for us.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor, staff have noted that others have made comparisons as follows:

In any event, it will be very tough for West Van to get to a game against Roma anyway. Pretty strategic scheduling by the VISL on this one it appears.

Will be setting the alarm for 5AM on Sunday I guess.

.... or go over Saturday and stay the night at the Sticky Wicket :) ... good luck Sir M and West Van.

badsoccer

Apr 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think west van can take vantreights lightly like everyone has in the last 4 years.They where rank low last year and the year befor and won a few of those games.They even took delta to over time in Delta.So take them lightly .

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'Mon New Amsterdam!

C'Mon RF just cause we got an Irishman on the team, don't count out all your fellow Scotsmen on Norvan!! Should be a good match between the 2 NSCL rivals with each team earning a victory in the regular season. Maybe Sir M has been dippin into the drugs that NAFC smoke cause by my calculations, there is more than a good chance that at least 1 of the NSCL teams makes the quarters!!

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think west van can take vantreights lightly like everyone has in the last 4 years.They where rank low last year and the year befor and won a few of those games.They even took delta to over time in Delta.So take them lightly .

It is the provincial cup! There WILL be upsets and there are no easy games.

Good luck to all teams especially WAB's as they will be my favorite to win it all.

HJ

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is the provincial cup! There WILL be upsets and there are no easy games.

Good luck to all teams especially WAB's as they will be my favorite to win it all.

HJ

HJ,

I think your off on your prediction, with Sir M's coaching and the toughness and skill of Westvan they are definetly the front runners to win it all.

Good luck to all this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teamstarter,

I heard PCOV played a couple of exhibition games this week and followed up with a training session as well. I guess your getting your new signings and new strikers used to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0