Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steel & Engineers League

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two games ...Two results

Bombastic FC 2
Signmaster 2

Bombastic FC 3
Deep Cove Beavers 2

Interested in hearing any other results.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linfield FC 1-0 Deep Cove

Van Tech has to be 1 of the best pitches in the city. One of the strangest things I've seen in a match for a long long time . Our player gets wacked on the leg, no call from the referee(Conrad) until several seconds later when he see's the player can't continue, so finally blows his whistle. Then, in amazement, he points free kick in favour of the wrong team. The other team acknoledges his mistake and deliberately plays the ball back to our team, which both teams saw as sportsmanlike. The ref wasn't happy with the sportsman like gesture(perhaps he saw it as showing him up, but NO law broken) and cards the player for deliberately giving the ball back and then has him re-take the kick. :confused: My only question is this..No matter what summer league I/we play in, why are we always haunted by the likes of Conrad and Father John? How long will we have to wait for them to hang up their whistles? :( There are too many younger, and more talented refs out there...Again, pure class shown by the Deep Cove player for playing the ball back :)

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector, I hear there is a certain Irish man looking for work! and as we all love the Irish :D I'm sure you would gladly hand over $25 for a quality ref should one become available,Yes?

maybeevenputamolsoncanadianinthecoolerwhatdoyouthinkcaptain? ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blakey:

Cheer up, man. You could be getting Hoffmann himself :D :rolleyes:

"Father John" makes his money from summer league games. It suppliments his income from the RSB, and keeps his wife from kicking him out - if she saw him more often in the summer, do you think she would still put up with him? :D

See you in the Amalgamation Cup...

stew :cool:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew, when we, Linfield FC (formerly Royal City), joined the Steel and Engineers this year I half heartedly said to Hoffman that we were looking for a new summer league with better fields and better refs than the last league(West Coast) we were in! Out of the 10 or so games we played last year, we were given Father John 4 or 5 times and Conrad and Ed split the rest :rolleyes: In this year's first three games F. John and Conrad have featured in 2 of them. I know all about John and his getting away from the wife situation. Every game, for the small price of 1 or 2 beers, he'll tell you the stories... :rolleyes: The fields have been superb so far, so for me it's still been an improvement. But it's always better when/if you can avoid the 3 refs I've mentioned.

inspectorneedsnocheeringupjustthismonthofnodrinkingtoend

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
EV Socceroos 4 Signmaster 1 A big thanx to Signmaster for an entertaining game. The Roos were down 1:0 for most of the game. Tied it up halfway through the second . After loosing a player due to a red card ,the Roos finally woke up and turned it up a notch, scoring another 3 goals in 17 minutes.Father John wasn't so bad, however I feel like sticking his whistle up his ass. Deep Cove watch out, we are on fire.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Father John wasn't so bad, however I feel like sticking his whistle up his ass. Deep Cove watch out, we are on fire.

Socceroos,

Did you know that for the small price of only TWO beers Father John will gladly share his life story with you. :D

BTW Nice win against the newly promoted Signmaster.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laugher of the Year for us.

Bombastic FC 2
Saints 2

If you haven't played them yet then you may not understand the reference. I don't want to disrespect the Saints but they are pretty brutal with a couple of guys who are ok...but not great. We were even down 2-1 with 8 mins to go.
Shots on goal
Saints 4 & at best 4 for Bombastic.

Shots OFF Goal
Bombastic 28
Saints 2

That is the story. Siants brutal...........us even worse.

Nice to see some chat this year. Last year started this thread and 2 posts all season. :knvb:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie - file that away as "one of those games" as the Saints are terrible. Couple of tryhards on their team as well.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
however I feel like sticking his whistle up his ass

You must hang out with Walls and his "friends". I bet you have some great rookie nights too. Remind me to stay in a galaxy far, far away from you and any ass-sized objects.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Musqeum Park; head west along SW Marine Dr towards UBC. Make a left turn off of SW Marine Dr. 1 block west of Dunbar St. Or you can just show up to Eric Hamber tomorrow night @6:30 and we'll send our(Linfield FC) ref to Musqeum ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Inspector. You better hope I'm not given a Linfield F.C. game. ;)

I'm not quite sure of the teams but is there only one field at Musqueam Park?

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a team called Business somethingorother...........I think that is message that was left, which I erased. :confused: If you said a name that started with business, if there is one, I'll know which team. :) Is there a website for the league???????

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
S.O.S

Captain, Come ref a game and have a beer. Father John's stories grow old and we are in need of new tails, maybe you have some Irish tails from your time spent there ,I too have been across once or twice to that little green island maybe we have drunk in some of the same bars?

didimentionfreebeeroffergooduntilsunday4pmbst :eek:

Billy Boy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yes, Billyboy, I'm sure we've drank in many pubs which are the same. :D I will gladly join you for a beer after one of these games. Who do you play for? Linfield is my guess but of course that could just be a stereotype, which I blundered on.....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0