Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steel & Engineers League

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS:

If you're set to be at Musqueam tonight, you'll be reffing for the other Engineering league (Consulting Engineers), especially if your call came from Angelo instead of Hoffmann.

This is an extremely rec league, so be prepared for more of a teaching role than is normal for a ref, and remember to bring your Guatemalan ticket. League info can be found at http://www.rovancouver.com/cesl.

Teams are Business Objects and KWL United (both company teams, hence the goofy names). Field is actually the one closest to Alma St. (the "block west of Dunbar" that Blakey mentioned). I'm the extremely loud guy in the back for the BObj team, and if the slackers who run our side ever remember to bring out a cooler, there's a wobbly or two in it with your name on it.

Who's Father John? Only a legend in his own mind, who strikes terror into the hearts and minds of anybody with half an iota of sense for the game.http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16051&postcount=117

beerz,

stew :cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info, Stew, and it was nice to see you on the park. I have one question though. When you run, it sounds like something is 'squeaking', much like myself. Is that your knee, boots, or something else you want to share with the TTP audience? ;) :D Overall, I enjoyed it but it was a different experience from the other leagues I have reffed recently.....

Apparently, the other team thought it was a coed league???????? :D Perhaps next time, we'll have that pint(s)......

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
If you haven't played them yet then you may not understand the reference. I don't want to disrespect the Saints but they are pretty brutal with a couple of guys who are ok...but not great. We were even down 2-1 with 8 mins to go.
You wern't kidding, good bunch of guys but a little out of their league. You definitely droped points their Georgie.

Linfield played them tonight at Hamber [good pitch and the ref Don was great]
in a one sidded [7-0 :eek:] affair. Good luck to them.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitan Squeaky Whistle:

The squeaking sound comes from the hinge on my ankle brace, which is one of the few things that keep my decrepit old carcass upright during games when little things like getting kneed in the kidneys by the opposing team's keeper happen. :rolleyes:

Like I mentioned to you before the game, be prepared for a teaching experience; especially with the ignorant git you kept having to ask "are you serious?" when he insisted on questioning most of your calls. I thought you showed a lot of patience for a Guatemalan official.

What time is the Club I fundraiser starting? (I know, off-topic, but I need an excuse to do something in Ditchmond after my game tonight)....

more beerz next time,

stew :cool:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All these draws are good news! :p Linfield must be alone at the top, as I'm not sure if any other team has a perfect record and 3 clean sheets :D

If anyone(Hoffman?)has the current standings-let er rip!

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos 1 :Deep Cove Beavis 2........pretty wet game. Our Goalie won it for Deep Cove. Deep Throat have their shite together after we slaughtered them 7:1 in a pre season game. We will do better against the Saints on Thursday. Enjoy the long weekend.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know the results from these games

Europa v Point Grey
Burnaby F F v Saints
Burnaby F F v Point Grey
Europa v Socceroos
Bombastic v Point Grey
Europa v Signmaster

Cheers Billy Boy :)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah...back from vacation. Watched a game in Phoenix in 112 degree heat and looked like wheelchair footie. very slow.

Score update.

Bombastic 6 :knvb: :knvb: :bronco: :knvb:
Strikers 1

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:
Anybody know the results from these games

Europa v Point Grey
Burnaby F F v Saints
Burnaby F F v Point Grey
Europa v Socceroos
Bombastic v Point Grey
Europa v Signmaster

Cheers Billy Boy :)

Europa 3 : Socceroos 1............Europa seems to bring out their best team against the Roos. They had about 10 subs on the sideline....Hoffman played for 1 minute.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Pld W T L Gd Pts

Linfield 4 4 0 0 10 12
Bombastic 4 2 2 0 6 8
Belmont 4 2 1 1 4 7
Deep Cove 4 2 0 2 1 6
Europa 2 1 1 0 2 4
Socceroos 4 1 0 3 -1 3
Burnaby F.F 2 0 2 0 0 2
Signmaster 3 0 1 2 -4 1
Saints 3 0 1 2 -10 1
Point Grey 2 0 2 -7 0

Above is a very unofficial table taken form our posts on this thread. Still need these scores to complete the standings:

Europa v Point Grey
Burnaby F F v Saints
Burnaby F F v Point Grey
Europa v Signmaster

If you don’t want the table posted I’m sure you will let me know :p

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
I take it you found "Astute" in your new dictionary. We will talk about Asstute after our game next week.

Life without spell check!!!

Last nights score

Bombastic 2
Burn FF 3

Up 1-0 and 2-1 and one of our central defenders seemed to think Besty was no match for him only to find out..........he could turn him into a pretzel and score before he could complete his tackle.

Good game though. Good team them FF

Gerrard

May 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is rumoured that Bombastic's star central defender wasn't allowed to play for being too pissed. Seems he was celebrating Liverpool's amazing win a little too seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0