Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steel & Engineers League

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gerrard said:
It is rumoured that Bombastic's star central defender wasn't allowed to play for being too pissed. Seems he was celebrating Liverpool's amazing win a little too seriously.

NOT RUMOUR....FACT!!! :wa: :wa: :wa:

Great player, Great Game but most of all a great team mate that Star Center Half of ours. The worse part was that lame right back we had to play that usually plays in the midfield!! :cool:

Welcome aboard Gerrard. I'm sure you will make a fine TTP'er

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laugher of the Year for us
Socceroos 1 Saints 1

If you haven't played them yet then you may not understand the reference. I don't want to disrespect the Saints but they are pretty brutal with a couple of guys who are ok...but not great.

Shots OFF Goal
Socceroos 28
Saints 2

That is the story. Saints brutal...........us even worse.

I might as well copy Georgies report.......shite I just did. We will play them again in the Cup on Sunday and I predict a better result for the Roos.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Laugher of the Year for us
Socceroos 1 Saints 1

I might as well copy Georgies report.......shite I just did. We will play them again in the Cup on Sunday and I predict a better result for the Roos.

Roo Mate.....I would rarely sympathize with a socceroo...BUT....in this case I completely understand and am laughing with you not at you

How could it happen :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linfield 5 Point Grey 2 Match report to follow right Inspector :)

Pleasantly surprised at how good the field was. They have obviously done some work!

Linfield Billy :rolleyes:

Beaver23

May 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake.....thanks for the kind words! I'm the "sportsmanlike" guy who was just as horrified as the rest of the boys on the pitch at that moronic call! I laughed when he carded me. Can't recall most of our scores as i'm half cut at most games, esp the Sunday nighters! We beat Signmaster last night (Thurs) at Van Tech 4-2 in a game that appeared to be in slow motion alot of the time (suits my style just fine). Not sure who the ref was (don't know him) but he was basically as bad as the rest of them. One of their guys who was rightfully frustrated with one of our strikers tried to run him, missed, hit his own guy and the ref gives us a pk? Go figure. First post here, lurked around a bit till i noticed this league represented so thought i'd join in the fun. Been playing in this league for a good 10+ years, prob run into many of you on the pitch, look forward to getting to know some of you.

BTW, it's BEAVER singular................

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How was the ref, BillyBoy? I was supposed to be there but I'd already accept a 'gig' at Sportstown.....I could have been reffing Linfield? :D

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
How was the ref, BillyBoy? I was supposed to be there but I'd already accept a 'gig' at Sportstown.....I could have been reffing Linfield? :D

Captain,
The ref wasn't to bad, I'm sure you would have a been a true pro :) had you been able to grace us with an apperance.Just do me a favour and that us know your comming so we can bring our white kit just in case our BLUE one brings back some bad memories from last week :p

Cheers part time Billy :D

Beaver23

May 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos.......I watched that exhibition slaughtering you handed us as i was drunk from playing softball all day. Although thoroughly impressed with your squad (and even moreso with the inflate-a-mate kangaroo), i knew with a keeper and a full lineup we'd be able to compete. That game at Tech was somewhat brutal due to the rain (and your keepers blunder :eek: ). Why is it that when summer soccer rolls around, the first wet day you've got 20 odd guys just dying to slide tackle at every given opportunity? BTW, you're striker takes the cake for most slide tackles i've ever seen in a game! Man, that guy (maybe it's you?) is gonna kill someone and unfortunately for him, it's likely going to be himself!!! Never seen a guy crazy enough to slide into a goalie who's doing the same. Esp one that's wearing a football jersey, kareem's sports goggles and weighing in over 200lbs?
Was a little disappointed as i didn't see the aforementioned inflatable Roo that night? Don't disappoint me and tell me someone already swiped it before we got our chance? After that exhibition game, it became "Deep Throat Beavis" goal for the summer :D
Good luck the rest of the way, see ya next time........

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Hey Roo mate,

Do we play you next Sunday? We are listed as playing EVS and I think it is EWS?????

We are now known as the East Van Socceroos...spread the word.
Eastside man...just like the black entertainers always say.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beaver23 said:
Socceroos.......I watched that exhibition slaughtering you handed us as i was drunk from playing softball all day. Although thoroughly impressed with your squad (and even moreso with the inflate-a-mate kangaroo), i knew with a keeper and a full lineup we'd be able to compete. That game at Tech was somewhat brutal due to the rain (and your keepers blunder :eek: ). Why is it that when summer soccer rolls around, the first wet day you've got 20 odd guys just dying to slide tackle at every given opportunity? BTW, you're striker takes the cake for most slide tackles i've ever seen in a game! Man, that guy (maybe it's you?) is gonna kill someone and unfortunately for him, it's likely going to be himself!!! Never seen a guy crazy enough to slide into a goalie who's doing the same. Esp one that's wearing a football jersey, kareem's sports goggles and weighing in over 200lbs?
Was a little disappointed as i didn't see the aforementioned inflatable Roo that night? Don't disappoint me and tell me someone already swiped it before we got our chance? After that exhibition game, it became "Deep Throat Beavis" goal for the summer :D
Good luck the rest of the way, see ya next time........

Well,Well,Well....a new writer on TTP.
The Kangaroo has been deflated due to our sad performances,but it will make a comeback as soon as we beat the stinky Saints. What you refer to as slide tackling is more of a drunken ''unsteadyness'' on our behalf and I am happy to report that our forward is now back in rehab. I am sure we will play your team again in the latter parts of the cup and you are invited to try and swipe the Roo....Richmond United tried and failed in the winter.
I hope you are not offended by the Deep Throat Beavis pun....I hate to offend people on this site or in real life......not.

Beaver23

May 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense taken whatsoever! Got a good chuckle out of it actually! Surely we'll see you along the way again. Hopefully your Roo is back in fine form by then! Wasn't actually planning on swiping it although it was brought up in conversation and i'm not at all surprised to hear that another squad has already tried!
See ya for a beer at the next one! The guy who runs our team said your two reps at the meetings really like to tip'em back!

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Team . . p w d l .gd . p
Linfield fc . 5 5 0 0 13 15

Deep Cov . 5 3 0 2 3 9

Bombastic.. 5 2 2 1 5 8

Belmont fc. 4 2 1 1 4 7

Burnaby ff . 3 1 2 0 1 5

Europa..... . 2 1 1 0 2 4 UNOFFICIAL STANDINGS

Socceroos 5 1 1 3 -1 4

Saints .. . 4 0 2 2 -10 2

Signmaster 4 0 1 3 -6 1

Point Grey 3 0 0 3 -10 0

Eur v Bel ?
Eur v PGS ?
BFF vSnt ?
BFF v PGS ?
Eur v Sign ?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Europa 2 - 1 Belmont

They are terrible and bitch at each other like I've never seen. BUT they won, somehow...

Summer soccer at its finest :)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Cup Result

Linfield 5 (I think) - 1 Belmont

Spector in net and let in a tough shot in the first half :O Heard they sorted us out in the second half pretty easily. Would have been nice to have some of our regulars out last night as it would have made for a good game as Linfiend is young and tries to play. Recognized the little #12 from the Lobbans team from the Saltspring tourney. Looks like we have drawn Linfield in League Cup and Amalgamtion Cup and we play them 3 times in a row including our league game. Good times!

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Team . . p w d l .gd . p

Linfield fc . 5 5 0 0 13 15

Europa..... . 5 3 1 1 4 10

Deep Cov . 5 3 0 2 3 9 UNOFFICIAL STANDINGS

Bombastic.. 5 2 2 1 5 8

Belmont fc. 5 2 1 2 3 7

Burnaby ff . 4 1 3 0 1 6

Socceroos 5 1 1 3 -1 4

Signmaster 5 1 1 3 -5 4

Saints .. . 4 0 2 2 -10 2

Point Grey 5 0 1 4 -12 1

BFF vSnts ?

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We finally beat the stinky Saints 4:0....pretty messy game. They developed some anger management issues and lost 2 guys to red cards in the second half. I hope we never play them again, they are a very awkward bunch.
Does anybody know anything about ATHLETIC CLUB BC? we are scheduled to play them on Thursday in the Amalgamation cup at 8p.m. at Mercer Stadium.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spector in net and let in a tough shot in the first half

Very true, though in my defense I think there was too much nector in the Inspector. Thats what a 10 o'clock game(greek league) before a 5 o'clock game can do :rolleyes: That hop ate me up like a bad shortstop. Thank Christ you guys weren't able to test me after that as my nerves were shot to hell. A much different Linfield side to face Belmont on thursday night. Thursday nights just don't work for us! And when every team were asked at the beginning of the season what nights would be most difficult to make, we(Linfield)only picked 1 - Thursdays!! I think this is our 3rd thursday in 4 weeks :mad:
Almost forgot to mention, the ref was outstanding! Not sure of his name, but he plays for Richmonds cat team in winter. Well done! :)

Inspectorwillbesoberinnetandpromisesnomorehickups-punintended

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0