Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Captain and Parkhead at Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it looks like it has been confirmed. Dumb and Dumber, also known as the Captain and Parkhead will be going to watch Celtic/Rangers play on March 8th at Celtic Park. We will be traveling with one of the Belfast Supporters' Clubs on the ferry, as my Uncle managed(with his connections) to get us two tickets from someone, who he said owed him for something. The airmiles points just came through on Friday and I got the passport sorted out today. It will be ready for pick-up on March 4th. The fcukers charge fcuking $85 now to get the passport renewed. Cnuts. We will be spending 4 nights in Belfast too. Finally, we will get to see first-hand an Auld Firm match. I am pumped already, as I'm sure there will be some stories to tell when we get back. The best story will be describing how Celtic lump-ed Rangers to put them right back in the title race. Who else on the site has been to an Auld Firm game live? If so, tell everyone what it was like......

Captain

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh how the rumours will fly.... The Captain and Parkhead going a trip together...just the two of them....sharing the same hotel room and bed. Sissymaries.

Does Mrs. Shamrock suspect anything??

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Mrs. Shamrock suspect anything??

Actually, I think they might be having an affair. Every Saturday, I get asked the same question:

"Is Neil coming over today?" Of course, she claims it is for the kids but I have my doubts.....

BTW, we are not staying in hotels, as my relatives will be putting us up for the short trip. Thanks for the concern though.....

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 days until we leave.

As far as what happens between me and Mrs. Shamrock every Saturday night stays between me and her.

There will be stories I'm sure and I will bring along a camera to document Celtic's big win.:D March 5th can't come soon enough.

" For it's a grand Old team to cheer for ..."

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty,

I will PM some info to you. However, I don't think we will be staying in Glasgow at all UNLESS we stay on the Saturday night after the game. As far as I know, we will be going back to Belfast on Saturday night, after the game. Of course, you're always welcome to stay in Belfast? We have more than enough room. :)

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You lucky fcuks

Never been to an Auld Firm match, in fact only been to one Rangers match.
A quarter final cup tie against Motherwell, which of course, we won. ;)
Heard a funny Auld Firm story just on Saturday.
The first game this year which they tied 3-3.
Rangers support - 7,000.
Celtic support - like 53,000.
The Huns were singing their lungs out when Rangers go up 3-2.
Rangers supporter gives the old two finger salute to the green and white sea.
Within seconds - hot pie right past his shoulder, splat, right in some poor fcukers face behind him.
Right in the fcuking face.
His blue nose turned to red pronto.
Fcuking classic. :D

Best wishes to Neil and Stevie.
Have a great time lads.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Rangerforever,

7 days until departure. When Celtic score I will be sure to sing you a song.:rolleyes:

Hope to see you over there Fasty.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, RF. It should be an amazing experience and it will be nice to be one of the 53 000, not the 7 000. :) I must go now and learn a few more songs, non-sectarian of course.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain & Parkhead .....

I've been to two Auld Firm matches and had a third scheduled in 1997, but the game was postponed when Lady Di was killed. They cancelled an Auld Firm game, but U2 still played Murrayfield the next night. A football match needs to be cancelled to pay respect, but a rock concert can go ahead??? Needless to say, it was a huge disappointment.

However, I have seen two and both at Ibrox. Atmosphere is second to none and I can imagine the same on the east side of Glasgow. Get there early and find a local to fill yourself with. They are always jambed, but always nice to get a few in you and soak up the full event.

I saw the game last March that ended in a draw 1-1. Was six rows from the field and right close to the Celtic Mob. More police at these matches than fans that show up for a Partick Thistle match. I have some digital pictures, but have no idea how to get these into my post. Maybe some day Regs will print a TTP guide for Dummies.

Have a great time ..... if you get to downtown Glasgow, head to the Counting House in George Square. Cheapest drinks in town .... it is a pub that was converted from an old bank. On a Saturday, it is the launch pad for bigger and better things.

I've just booked my trip for the end of May & early June. We are taking in the Scottish Cup final and I have my fingers crossed that it will be an Auld Firm final.

JR

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can't make it to the Counting House, I recommend two other pubs for people of your persuasion.

The Saracen Head (Sarry Heed) is cool.
Billy Connelly frequents that place when he's in town.
Also, a pub next to the Barras (Barrowlands I believe the market is called) also was very nice too.
I can't remember it's name, but when I was in it, nothing but FAI and Celtic jerseys and scarfs.
Gave me the heebies actually. ;)
It's just right behind the Barras - easy to find.

Now, remember to eat your pies, bovril and mushy peas and not use them for other purposes. :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The two big Celtic Pubs are The Braizenhead and Baird's Bar.

Jags,

do you mean photos like this?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Already done.

I have some digital pictures, but have no idea how to get these into my post. Maybe some day Regs will print a TTP guide for Dummies.
Jags, please see here and here for the help you need.

You're welcome. :)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maternal........

Mrs Burns comes to visit her son Captain Shamrock for 3 days in Belfast where he is holidaying. She finds out that her son is staying with Parkhead.

Mrs Burns couldn't help but notice how handsome the Captain's travelling companion was. Her woeful eyesight, it can only be assumed, stems from the fact her optometrist was too busy being talked at by keeper. She suspects a relationship between her son and Parkhead, and this had only made her more curious.

Reading his Mum's thoughts, The Captain volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Parkhead and I are just pals."

About a week later, Parkhead came to Shitpicks saying,"Ever since your mother left, I've been unable to find the silver sugar bowl I like to use because I'm a pretentious poofta. You don't suppose she took it do you?"

"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote:

Dear Mam,
I'm not saying that you "did" take the sugar bowl from my holiday flat, and I'm not saying that you "did not" take it. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you left.
Love, The Captain

Several days later, the Captain received an email from his Mam which read:

Dear Son,
I'm not saying that you "do" sleep with Parkhead, and I'm not saying that you "do not" sleep with him. But the fact remains that if he was sleeping in his OWN bed, he would have found the sugar bowl by now.
Love, Mam.

Lesson of the day...
Don't Lie to Your Mother...especially if she is Irish.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larky Derry

Fellas,

Just off the phone (they just got it hooked up) with Uncle Billy.

The both of you are sorted in Larkhall. The famille have a large, single bed for you to share. I hope you will be happy.

The bus leaves from Curly's on Raploch Street. I'm sure you'll get on with the boyz (not Bhoys) handsomely. Parkhead, give 'em a rousing rendition of "It's grande ol' thingamajig" at the top of your pipes. A white glove and red leather jacket is optional. Ahhh, the good ol' days, eh Parkhead?

I digress. The bus will drop you off right in front of the Govan Stand. Wear you smashing Shitic tops and the locals will direct you to your seats. Friendly kind, so they are.

You will find the return bus to Larkhall in the same spot where you left it. Please do not raise alarm when half the bus is missing. They will be too busy pissing themselves with the end to your historical two-in-a-row.

Congratulations!

Buckfast

Uncle Billy's # is: 011.44.698.886620. Tell them Buckfast sent ya.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will be sure to give Uncle Billy a call for you.:rolleyes:

Good to hear from you Bucky,

Where have you been hiding? For a man your size it wouldn't have to be a very big place mind you.:eek: ;)

Parkhead

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0