Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars The FVSL All-Star Squad

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After listening to 'Up Front' with Reedy and Niall special guest Coach (AKA Kenny Cormack) has selected a team from different generations in hopes they will gel and feed off each other... Sadly, I think something has went terribly wrong during the selection process somewhere down the line... They forgot to mention who the defenders are (probably 0-35 guys), but I've honestly never heard of some of these guys they've picked in the mid and up top... I'm no self proclaimed pro scout, but at least I've played in the league for the past 4 seasons and remember who I'm battling against in the middle each week... Maybe someone can write the names down or Coach can post the entire roster here??? Either way, I was looking forward to seeing this team 'compete' and have a few bevies Tuesday the 28th... Now I don't think this will even be a contest!!!

Disappointed, Guinness

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: So-called FVSL All Stars (part duex)

3 G.N. players named.. 2 mids and 1 striker.
they have won 3 times since september.
27 goals for and 45 goals against. but they have 3 guys named to the allstar team. HOW??
G.N. has done nothing since I remember,.... what was the thought process when picking this team?
anyone?

peace arch with 2 losses all year, defending pak champs, and we have 1 mid named.
does not make sence to me..
GARBAGE!!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The GN guys that were probably picked were:

Sunny Uppal
Jas Mattoo
Rob Turre

Lion, I know that we didnt have that strong of a year but are you saying that these three guys cant compete with the best in the valley?? well two of them atleast....

Who are the coaches this year anyways??

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think they mentioned Crafy as one of the coaches.

What i want to know is, who is Ryan Peterson from North Delta, i know there is a Kris Peterson and couple Ryan's on the team. I would be shocked if kris wasn't on the team, he's been one of the best center backs in the league for the last couple years.

Any word on whether the full-team will be posted here?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lion.

Four P A U players named so please simmer down pal.

Kenno

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes Joely, it is Kris Peterson named.

Sorry but please carry on............................

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

totally simmered.
who are the other 2. you only named keegan and Jacob, I am guessing Kevin Saunders and Dru at the back.
Coach,
I think it is awsome how you are on the executive and doing what you are doing. No disrespect intended. But i have my opinion as well.
They are good players. But you would think a team with 3 all stars would have more then 3 wins.
They have not done much all year but still get the call. I would be picking guys who know how to win.
Coach, can you list the team here for all to see.

all in all, I think it is a well rounded team. other then the obvious.
I plan to be their to cheer em on.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL All Star Squad

This will be the 23
player pool that will represent our FVSL allstar squad.

G. Jason Becker, Tim Wagner, Jacob Hanson.

D. Ken Latti, Tim Sowerby , Chris Peterson, Will Folstad, Kevin Suanders, Todd Baily,

M. Cam Wilmetts, Jazz Mattoo, Shayne Mummery,Ryan Peterson, Keegan Munn,Sunny Uppall, Mike Short. Moe Mahjoub.

F. Andrew Slane, Graham Roxbrough, Ravi Turi, Rizal Ganief, Craig Mcmiillian, Murray Howes,

This is our pool of players to select from for our upcoming games.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach,

How the **** did you miss, Guinness? :mad: Sort it out or I'm not coming to watch.

Admirer of Andrea Neil :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

G. Jason Becker, Tim Wagner, Jacob Hanson.

D. Ken Latti, Tim Sowerby , Chris Peterson, Will Folstad, Kevin Suanders, Todd Baily,

M. Cam Wilmetts, Jazz Mattoo, Shayne Mummery,Ryan Peterson, Keegan Munn,Sunny Uppall, Mike Short. Moe Mahjoub.

F. Andrew Slane, Graham Roxbrough, Ravi Turi, Rizal Ganief, Craig Mcmiillian, Murray Howes,

I know and have played against most of these players...and I think it is a strong team. I don't know this young Rizal, but by all accounts he's a cracker. Slaner, if he commits, will help that team. He has the pace, the skill, and the nose for the net. It all has to do with his commitment, though.

And, whatever you say about Roxy, there aren't many players around these parts, anywhere, that are in his class. I see him as a complement to these young strikers, that they can play off. Sort of like Howes.

Agree with Lion...myself, not sure I'd have selected three guys from a program that has shown that they basically don't care. But, not knowing these individuals personally, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Congrats to Timmy Wagner for finally getting some recognition. Best keeper I've ever played with, a leader, and has the same intimidation factor going as big Millsy. Timmy, just show up to these training sessions, and have a bit of fun with it. Let's see you between the pipes on the 26th or whatever.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not as bad as first thought

Not too bad on paper??? Believe it or not I actually like the Todd Bailey choice... I haven't seen him play this year, but I garuantee coach has seen this guy more than anyone else!!!
Some guys I have no idea about are;Tim Sowerby, Will Folstad, Mike Short, Craig Mcmiillian and Sunny Uppal is a joke IMO...
As lion suggested, how does GN (we only play when are mittens keep us warm) Sport have THREE all stars??? The last time they were any good Coach was still involved with the SFC premier team!!! Sounds very racial to me!!! (insert smiley)

Go Muzz Go!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Originally posted by: Shakira
How the **** did you miss, Guinness?
I've been done for 3 weeks now and out for the season with a lower body injury!!!(fcuking smiley's don't work)

Timmy for president!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

OK, so why don't you break it down for us here Guinney? I'll bite.

Besides missing you from the squad (clearly a huge tactical mistake Coach will pay for when all is said and done), list of why this is a "So Called" all-star squad. Besides Baily and Howes- who you take issue with, and is well documented- why is the rest of the squad shite, in your opinion?

I fully expect you'll have 23 different players, too.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too many all-star threads. Part duex was merged with Coach's.

Guinness, seriously, stop your moaning. You sound (read) ridiculous lately.

My question to Coach goes like this, if you're willing to bring in 2- O35's why not more? Surely Pete Hjorth is a small country mile better than most of the d-men selected to your roster.

I have no doubt no matter the result there will be more moaning. It's like any team selection really. 18 guys on a side if given a chance to select a line up you can take it to the bank there will be 18 different line-ups, that's why football isn't rule by committee.

You're doing a first class job, Coach.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like it.

With respect to more O-35s KNVB, I'm sure you can only imagine the backlash had there been more.

Pistol is top class no doubt.

My hunch is it was a sign of respect to the Premier players and probably a reality check to not add any more.

Kenno can answer for himself but...

I'm a bit surprised about the GN selections too actually but let's face it when they are on, these players are very skillful.
Again, it's a selection for a game or two, not a season.

Coach for Prime Minister,
RF

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, KNVB, Dude, RF

Being injured sucks and I'm finally coming to terms with the fact I probably won't be a part of our quest at defending the Pak or even play in the BC's... I've been ripping into everything but the kitchen sink, because I really want this team to do well... Not that I would of been selected this time around I had the honour of playing along side Ally McCoist the last time a FVSL all star team played a game and know Kenny will do a great job... Gary Moody is a great choice to manage this team again and has put a good amount of time into the program in the past... That said...
Originally posted by:Me
Tim Sowerby, Will Folstad, Mike Short, Craig Mcmiillian
If you mob know soo bloody much, who are these guys???
Craig Mcmiillian - I think he's the big blonde lad that plays up front or wide for DMU? (If so, good player).
Will Folstad - Possibly the over-rated young guy off the back for Langley? (must be kidding, will get murdered)
Tim Sowerby - No clue who this guy is??? (hopefully the DMU sweeper)
Mike Short - I haven't heard or noticed him before...
BTW, taking Sunny Uppall in the midfield over guys with more character, toughness and heart (with ability) like Dave Burns - DMU, Dustin Blackley - PAU, Curtis @ Whalley or Ren @ Lions is a disaster... Honestly, he's has proven nothing on a shite team!!!

Come March 28th, I'll be there with pompoms!!!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Not as bad as first thought

Guinness said:
Some guys I have no idea about are;Tim Sowerby, Will Folstad, Mike Short, Craig Mcmiillian and Sunny Uppal is a joke IMO...

Tim Sowerby is the right back for Delta and has been a star for us since he joined the team. Coach must remember him from when he scored the winner in the Pak final a few years back)... excellent to see him get the call.
Craig McMillan is the other Delta striker who plays with Rizal. Anyone who plays defence in FVSL premier knows exactly who he is. Perhaps you would know him if you spent more time chasing back and getting stuck in... and less time moaning on the pitch, moaning more on TTP, and trying to sell a shitty-tasting cheap carbonated version of Red Bull.

:D

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
mike short is the outside mid/striker from chilli.
good speed, incredible ball skills, powerful and accurate shot... definitely deserving to be named to this squad.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0