Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars The FVSL All-Star Squad

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Not as bad as first thought

sixfyv said:
Tim Sowerby is the right back for Delta and has been a star for us since he joined the team. Coach must remember him from when he scored the winner in the Pak final a few years back)... excellent to see him get the call.
Craig McMillan is the other Delta striker who plays with Rizal. Anyone who plays defence in FVSL premier knows exactly who he is. Perhaps you would know him if you spent more time chasing back and getting stuck in... and less time moaning on the pitch, moaning more on TTP, and trying to sell a shitty-tasting cheap carbonated version of Red Bull.

:D

Who is the guy that plays defence on leftback. Acutally looks quite a but like timmy and I believe is left footed. Tim is a great player but a better midfielder then defender. I figured the other guy would get the nod. #4 I think

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jamie Munday is #4... left defence.
Delta sweeper is Brad Kerr (38 yrs old)... stopper is Mark Short (36 yrs old). I think the one everyone likes is Mark... great player.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very happy with the selections from a coaching perspective. We seem to have a mixture of youth and experience as well as a good balance of players with speed and players who can battle and mix it up if required. Hopefully we will get the right mix on the field come game day.
You are always going to get your critics regarding selections, but that's life. The most important thing is to get the full support from all the players and coaches if this program is to succeed. We have another opportunity to showcase our league and its players in a high profile exhibition game which can only improve the reputation and quality of our league if it is done properly. The FVSL executive has taken a more professional and serious approach to the program this time round and I think it is another step in the right direction for everybody associated with the league.

Cheers

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let the rumours fly...

crafty cokcney said:
We have another opportunity to showcase our league and its players in a high profile exhibition game which can only improve the reputation and quality of our league if it is done properly.

Hmmmm, another high profile exhibition game eh Crafty.

Who could be it be?

I can't see the Forest for the Trees.

NigelCloughforever

Mumms

Oct 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Arrow, Mike Short deserves to be on this squad. Good to see him getting some recognition. He has scored some great goals this year and been a big part of the Rapids success. He can play defence and run at guys as well. He is most comfortable on the outside of the midfield but can play anywhere. A great selection... he will impress.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does watching the ball go back and forth over your head make one a good mid-fielder? Just checking

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the reliable website
FVSL All-Star Roster

Goal: Jason Becker, Tim Wagner, Jacob Hanson

Forwards: Rizal Ganief, Ravi Turre, Andrew Slane, Graham Roxborough, Chris MacMillan, Murray Howes

Midfield: Jas Mattoo, Cam Willmets, Shane Mummery, Ryan Peterson, Keegan Munn, Sunny Uppal, Mike Short

Defenders: Ken Laity, Tim Sowerby, Kris Peterson, Zac Yeomans, Will Folstad, Kevin Saunders, Todd Bailey
Craig or Chris MacMillan???
Zac or Moe???

Daftmoanycnutforever.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I know we had a bad season but come on, can you honestly say there are three better goalies than Whalley's Gyrish??

The guy has pretty much kept us in every game and I would of thought he might of got a little bit of recognition.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red,

You have to go w/ experience. That kid is an acrobat, but I also remember (prior to this year) he taking some light knocks in some important games, and pulling himself. Maybe he's matured since. Plus, he's still very young...he'll get his crack, as long as he's still in the Division. But to me, it's about winning...habbits and attitude.

The year we rode Timmy to the Pak Cup, he did it with a broken finger, and didn't bitch once.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just thought i would let you know that all but one of the players have been contacted and the players feedback has been outstanding.

I like the mix of Old and Young and Big and Quick.

The players will be getting together for a meet and greet and then on to the field for a training session or two.

Everything is coming together very well, let's just hope the players can gel in a very short time and give the Caps a very entertaining match.

Thanks for the encouraging words, i hope to see all of the loyal FVSL ttp boys out on the 28th enjoying the night.

Lastly, there are many players who could have been picked.
This is our first game of 4 or 5 we intend on playing and players will be picked up or dropped off along the way.

Players like Gyrish were looked at and will continue to be on the list of players to come in and fill the role if needed.

The most important thing is to get the players to start acting like a team and have some fun playing along the way.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-3-7?

Kenny, I'm listening to you right now, and I can hear you trying to to supress laughter when you're listing the midfield. Must have been a riot sitting down with the guys.

Sorry I couldn't catch this live...bad time for me, but hey, good job. In between you running for another beer and us not being able to hear what you're saying as you scramble back to the mic, and the phones dying, good times.

"shite show" are the words I'm looking for.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
players will be picked up or dropped off along the way.

Sounds like a 'Taxi squad' to me Wayne. Any chance Crosby, or Spezza might slip in? :D

Good on'ya Coach. I like the old boy additions myself.

~S

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly Skip, except it's more like.

"Get in the Taxi and don't bother coming back"

Either way it's gotta work. This team must come together quickly!

Should be fun seeing these boys who kick the piss out of each other, spending time on the same side of the ball.:D

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, congrats to all picked and by no means am I slagging anyone off who did get the nod.

Saying this....Dude your quote on experience is very true but all 3 keepers? I can understand 2 maybe but give the kids a chance to prove what they can do. Ask any forward in the league and I bet Gyrish comes into the top 3 of most of them. Even if you go with the experience bet he has had quite a few years of top notch soccer.

Hope to see the boys do well!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair argument Red, but a winning record counts for a lot in that position. Can't dispute Tim or Jason, and Jacob backed up Tim 1/2 last season, and did well through the stretch this year. Gayrish still hasn't proven himself in the top flight. He will, he is that good, just not yet.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stir...

Should be fun seeing these boys who kick the piss out of each other, spending time on the same side of the ball
Curious, when did Will Folstad or Jazz Mattoo last have a shot at Keith Izzat or Murray Howes?

I've really enjoyed Dudes in-depth analysis on FVSL players and their talent. Players he hasn't seen in almost two seasons too. Amazing when you think about it. I'm sure it's the best possible evaluation out their next to the players team mates.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0