Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup The Presidents Cup 2003.

Who will win the Presidents Cup final?

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yeah......ok

GO STORM!!!

i think its a very fitting thing to see the 2 teams in the pres. cup final being the only 2 teams that didnt use Premier players all year

i get tired of hearing POCO this and POCO that

i dont see any poco teams in the final.........:eek:

and the one poco team that did make it to the semi final had a pretty easy road, 1 div 3 team and 2 div 4 teams, and then got OWNED in the Semi Final by the STORM

i am not here to bash anybody, just giving my personal opinion, just get tired of hearing certain things after a while

even with the POCO Cat team using Premier players for every regular season game, it still didnt make them any better then the Lions or the Storm, even though results dont show that, but it sure showed the real strength of the POCO CAT team when they bowed out to a Div 3 team...........:rolleyes:

oh well, the 2 teams that deserve to be in the final are in the final, not too bad when you play with the same guys all year, and dont have to worry about pulling guys down from Premier to win games

again, this is my personal opinion and not meant as an attack against any team or individual person, just what i witnessed all year watching Div 1 CAT games every weekend

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm calling it now: the Lions leave big Nick unmarked just long enough for him to score two crackers from about 40 yards each. They then smarten up, get one back, but Mario heads one home late for the insurance.

Storm 3, Lions 1.

(Sorry Storm...althought the above scenario is entireley possible, you've just been jinxed;) )

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's your poll Lion.:D

There is a poll at the top of the page now. Vote for who you think will win the Presidents Cup. Should be a cracker match.

TheRob will vote for the Lions. Young frumpy bastards.:mad:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Theres know way we would leave big Nick open for one of his cannons to fire.
We've seen that one before. Nick actually coached 4 of us on this team for a couple of years when we were uhhh...... u7 or so.
We actually saw one of those goals from him this past weekend in the semi's.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too lazy

Because I am too lazy to look it up.

Anyone know what the head to head between these two teams was this season?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Draven

Sorry about using the Cat system to its fullest.

Looks like the CAT system worked out better for your CAT team than your Premier team.

Maybe some of the players spent too much time on the wrong team
I don't mean you though Draven. You definately belonged on the CAT team where you can flop like a fish and get away with it.

;)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
first game Whalley 4- Lions 1
second game I beleive a 2-2 tie.

We still have to make up the 3rd game.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crap

In that case I wan't to change my vote.
Looks like they have your number.

Although they are still missing Sandro who is always a threat.
Last time I watched them they didn't seem to be as big a problem up front without him.

Y

yeah......ok

sandro is actually back for the Final

before last weekend he had 2 games to sit out still

1 was played on thursday night VS Chilliwack

the 2nd was played sunday, Semi Final VS Poco Div 2

so he will be back for the final

should be a beauty of a game

even though i am still very partial towards the Storm

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a good game.

C'mon though Nick is an easy man to shut down. Knock him around a bit and he's done. He loses his cool too easy. His scoring touch is obviously great if you leave him alone. He doesn't miss too many chances. Sandro really is just the same. Knock him about and he will be silent. I am sure Chedder will have his kick'um boots on as always.

This should be a very interesting game to see. If it gets overly tough I give the match easily to the Storm as the Lion's have a few too many softies. :) If it turns into a skill game I have to go Lion's.

I can't wait for this one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easier said than done with Sandro. First, you need a fit player to keep with his pace. Cheddar may be a good match, but I think he sweeps.

Second, you can't dive in on the guy- he'll burn you. He's also tougher to knock off the ball than he looks...strong on his feet.

Basically, what works best is to stick with him, read the play, and clear the ball away from him. Just keep it away.

Now, will somebody help me get his cokc out of my mouth...:rolleyes:

Should be a great match!

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sandro

hey dude
i think you should check the discipline report and you will find that sandro will have a good view of the match from the sidelines as he is still sitting out from throwing a few at one of the clones in round two and has two more to sit

Y

yeah......ok

Re: sandro

Originally posted by curious
hey dude
i think you should check the discipline report and you will find that sandro will have a good view of the match from the sidelines as he is still sitting out from throwing a few at one of the clones in round two and has two more to sit

actually you might wanna take a read of the disciplinary report after they update it from the meetings tonite

he sat out his remaining 2 games last week and will be in uniform for the final

sorry to dissapoint you, i know the truth hurts sometimes....:rolleyes:

tupac

Feb 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to set the record straight. PoCo's run to the semi-finals wasn't just a breeze. So they played against some lower division teams, so did alot of the Cat teams and didn't succeed. Same with some div 2 teams, so there is no easy win, you still have to show up with your game on. Congrats to the Storm they are a good team and deserved the win, PoCo didn't play their normal strong game they're used to playing lately. I think the Lions are gonna take it though.

On the subject of the PoCo Cat team using premier players; oh well, its set up to be able to do that, and all the Cat teams have the same opportunity, if you don't do that, thats your choice, but don't knock someone else for doing it. It definitely payed off for both the Cat and the premier teams as they both had really good seasons.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Yoda

Looks like the CAT system worked out better for your CAT team than your Premier team.

Maybe some of the players spent too much time on the wrong team
I don't mean you though Draven. You definately belonged on the CAT team where you can flop like a fish and get away with it.

;)

They always say "Play to your strengths":D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 2 - Storm 1

great game!

the better team came out on top this game though.
big game from Framton in the middle who cleared one off the lion (I mean line)
The whole back line shut down the Whalley offence and didn't give any chances away. Cheers up to Whalley though. Class guys, one is looking over my shoulder right now. Good guys.
DELTA LIONS! 2 Years straight!
tell me what that says?
back to back, and its like that.
My basement is packed with 90% Lions and 10% Storm. It's all good though. Great game by all and I guarantee some great games against each other in the next couple of years.

:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0