Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars The VMSL All- Stars

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have any word on this? I see the Whitecaps have booked a games April 6 vs the VMSL side.

Tuesday, March 28 6:45 pm
Surrey Newton Athletic Park vs FVSL All-Stars

Friday, March 31 7:00 pm
Spartans Sports Complex vs TWU

Sunday, April 2 3:00 pm
UBC's Thunderbird Stadium vs UBC

Thursday, April 6 6:30 pm
Brandrith Park, Tsawwassen vs VMSL All-Stars

Friday, April 7 8:00 pm
UVic's Centennial Stadium vs UVic

Friday, April 14 7:00 pm
Exhibition Park, Chilliwack vs Seattle Sounders

Pitter patter,Azzi, lets get at er...

As is the trend, apparently, how many masters players will this years roster boast?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Guinness have a world class moan when they announce this team as well? I can almost hear him when FIFA announces the World Cup All-Star squad. "Who the hell are Ronaldinho, Rooney and Henry?! Never heard of 'em! And this Kaka kid? He's shite, I tell you. I just don't get it."

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Will Guinness have a world class moan when they announce this team as well? I can almost hear him when FIFA announces the World Cup All-Star squad. "Who the hell are Ronaldinho, Rooney and Henry?! Never heard of 'em! And this Kaka kid? He's shite, I tell you. I just don't get it."

And Guinness would have every right to complain...especially when Henry and Rooney dont get out of the first Round!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dap

It's called a debate when you voice a concern or have something critical to say about a league you play in... You'd never know would ya???

BTW, I'm also curious to see who puts this team together... Changing of the old guard or still the Doddy's, Millar's, Mori's or Jamo's (Div.1 but still can play)??? Will we see a Catlif or Leitchy for fcuk sake???

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats right, they allways have way too many Slurrey United players on those teams, now that is a joke, Azzi should put his foot down and get more of those great Metro Ford players.

When does the VMSL take on the FVSL in the great All-star match, now that will be a cracker. I just hope that Franksy is in net for the VMSL All-stars vs. the WhiteCaps, thats a joke that he gets cut because he won't train in the winter at 9 am weekdays, and not get paid for it. Stud them all Mike.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any predictions on who will be selected?

Just some names off the top of my head. Feel free to fill in the blanks.

GK
Drew Smiley - SU
Luca Del Pace - Clan
Matt Bird - MF

D
Steve Millar - SU
Tom Elliot - SU
Gomesy - Sporting
There must be a MF player or two...

Mids
Brain Van Shaggen - Inter
Joe Morello - Inter
Ted Urilich - Sapp
Tearnin King - Clan

Drawing a blank for more...

Joe Scigs - Clan
Ryan Dormer? - Sporting
Shawn Blakeway - SU
Crouch - Inter

Throw out some names.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Opinions...sure I'll provide one. Based on our games this year, and not selecting any of our players ;) , I'll go with the following:

Goalies: Matt Bird, Dennis Kindel

Defenders: Aaron Beattie, Brook Scott, Trevor Short, Jessie Dhami, Edward Bradford

Midfielders: Emilio Bottiglieri, Andy Veer, Jeff Skinner, Paul Daily, Tiernan King, Steve Frazao

Forwards: Shawn Blakeway, Kevin Crouch, Ryan Dormer, Charles Gbeke

I'm sure I missed some great indivdual performances, but I'll fancy my chances with these guys!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough speculation

Goalkeepers: Cory Breure (Sapperton Rovers); Mike Franks (Vancouver Firefighters)
Defenders: Steve Millar (Surrey United); Thomas Elliot (Surrey United); VJ Kos (ICSF Inter); Jeff Skinner (Vancouver Firefighters); Mike Gomes (Sporting Club); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club)
Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Emilio Bottiglieri (Metro-Ford Wolves); Darko Jelic (Croatia SC); Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves)
Forwards: Kevin Crouch (ICSF Inter); Joe Scigliano (Columbus-Clan FC); Ryan Dormer (Sporting Club); Shawn Blakeway (Surrey United)
Coaches: Joe Marrello (ICSF Inter); Martin Foden (Surrey United)
Game: Thursday, April 6, 2006 against VANCOUVER WHITECAPS at Brandrith Park in Tsawwassen (12th Avenue and 50B Avenue). Kick-off is slated for 6:30 p.m.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am suck!!!......only selected 7 of the above mentioned!!

What do I know?!?!........obviously not how to select allstars.

Congratulations to those who will represent the VMSL.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Star team is posted:

Goalkeepers: Cory Breure (Sapperton Rovers); Mike Franks (Vancouver Firefighters)

Defenders: Steve Millar (Surrey United); Thomas Elliot (Surrey United); VJ Kos (ICSF Inter); Jeff Skinner (Vancouver Firefighters); Mike Gomes (Sporting Club); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club)

Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Emilio Bottiglieri (Metro-Ford Wolves); Darko Jelic (Croatia SC); Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves)

Forwards: Kevin Crouch (ICSF Inter); Joe Scigliano (Columbus-Clan FC); Ryan Dormer (Sporting Club); Shawn Blakeway (Surrey United)

Coaches: Joe Marrello (ICSF Inter); Martin Foden (Surrey United)

Congrats to all who were included. I would love to see you guys beat the Caps. Good Luck!!

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why isn't CJ Jhooty named to the team...tied for 2nd in league scoring and not named to the team?...do you only get chosen as an all star if your team is doing good or how does it work?...if i was choosing the team he would have definetly been on it....other than that...congrats to everyone who made it

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
Why isn't CJ Jhooty named to the team...tied for 2nd in league scoring and not named to the team?...do you only get chosen as an all star if your team is doing good or how does it work?...if i was choosing the team he would have definetly been on it....other than that...congrats to everyone who made it

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I beleive he has been scoring those goals playing in the midfield as well. Great player, who will definitly be named to the team in the future

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bully,

Looks like they indeed did pick that team not only on personal success, but team success. That's a strong squad. Surprised Notty didn't get named this year....I guess MF doesn't value playing time at Big White and Sun Peaks.:rolleyes:

:D

Good luck guys...be nice to see Franks shut out the Caps.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I was kind of wondering the same thing. I beleive he has been scoring those goals playing in the midfield as well. Great player, who will definitly be named to the team in the future

Perhaps that is why the team is doing so poorly, they don't know how to defend, CJ is a great young player going forward, but needs to work on his back tracking.
Looks like a very strong team indeed, is knvb in charge of water again this year, YOU CAN DO IT!

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, looking at the roster I have a few questions.

How do they leave of the 2 keepers off with the best GAA this year? It's hard to believe they would leave Matt Bird and Smiley out.Nothing against the other two either. Is Franks the best in the league, probably, but is he a VMSL all-star this year? I'll call it the Ollie Heald rule. Same goes for Mike Gomes. How many games did he play? 4? 5? He was in Portugal most of the year wasn't he? Is he an insane player, absolutely, but a VMSL all-star should at lease represent his side more than that, IMO.

I think I may have considered Tempesta for the back/ mid and I seriously can not believe they over-looked Shaggy, that's a poor decision. He's had a great year from all accounts. I perhaps may have thought about Gatia (clan-bus) too. Add Richie Price(MF) to the mid-field to add a little grit same with Brook (MF) for the back.

No Trollups or Indo players? Only 1 Sapperton? Is this still picked by coaches votes?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I seriously can not believe they over-looked Shaggy, that's a poor decision. He's had a great year from all accounts.

Shaggy is a great player......brings another dimensional to Inter, but I think he was suspended for 1/3 of the season (he got a 4 gamer and a 2 gamer). Hard to pick a guy who only played maybe 10-12 games, unless for course its Gomesy :D

knvb said:
No Trollups or Indo players?

Look at our records..............brutal. I think both West Van and us have good players that might be deserving candidates this year on the merit of their play, however, the powers that be probably didn't see it fit to select a player whose team barely avoided relegation.

PS/ I still like my picks :)

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for mike gomes.... i think that has to be a typo, mikes a great player but exactly he has been away for a while and plus he's a midfielder... i think they mean mark gomes, he has been playing sweeper this year, that would make more sense.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0