Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars The VMSL All- Stars

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah yeah sorry, i just noticed they were both on the team. then i cant understand why they are both named.. wierd

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalkeepers: Cory Breure (Sapperton Rovers); Mike Franks (Vancouver Firefighters)

Defenders: Steve Millar (Surrey United); Thomas Elliot (Surrey United); VJ Kos (ICSF Inter); Jeff Skinner (Vancouver Firefighters); Mike Gomes (Sporting Club); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club)

Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Emilio Bottiglieri (Metro-Ford Wolves); Darko Jelic (Croatia SC); Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves)

Forwards: Kevin Crouch (ICSF Inter); Joe Scigliano (Columbus-Clan FC); Ryan Dormer (Sporting Club); Shawn Blakeway (Surrey United)

Coaches: Joe Marrello (ICSF Inter); Martin Foden (Surrey United)
Honestly don't think this team is that much better than the FVSL team... After watching the FVSL tonight, it will be a good battle... On a TTP note, Shaggy is better than Jomo, but I guess daddy is the coach... Millar is donedunited, but Foden is also at the helm... Gomes boys = BC champs... Glad to see Dormer make it... Scott Spraklin is completely underrated... As is Ritchie Price!!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The All-Fodello Team

I agree with most of the picks: very fair and deserving. But some are an absolute insult to the Sapperton Rovers club and the rest of the league.

Yes there was stiff competition in the mid, but it was clear who one of the standouts were. Colin Phillips has more goals than most of the midfielders on the list and has had a great season controlling our midfield. One-on-one he destroyed most of the guys mentioned when we played them.

With 3 defensive starters out of the Sapp lineup most of the year, Ed Bradford was an absolute rock in the back. We didn't just rely on Cory to bail us out as the "committee" seems to think. We did manage to score more goals than Columbus and even Inter to this point.

The MF keeper deserved better, Cory Breure even thinks so, and he's not there.

3 Inter
3 SU
3 Sporting
2 MF (only)
2 Firemen
Only 1 Sapp???

Call it what it is, not the All-Star team, but the All-Fodello Team.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The All-Fodello Team

whataboutbob said:
I agree with most of the picks: very fair and deserving. But some are an absolute insult to the Sapperton Rovers club and the rest of the league.

Yes there was stiff competition in the mid, but it was clear who one of the standouts were. Colin Phillips has more goals than most of the midfielders on the list and has had a great season controlling our midfield. One-on-one he destroyed most of the guys mentioned when we played them.

With 3 defensive starters out of the Sapp lineup most of the year, Ed Bradford was an absolute rock in the back. We didn't just rely on Cory to bail us out as the "committee" seems to think. We did manage to score more goals than Columbus and even Inter to this point.

The MF keeper deserved better, Cory Breure even thinks so, and he's not there.

3 Inter
3 SU
3 Sporting
2 MF (only)
2 Firemen
Only 1 Sapp???

Call it what it is, not the All-Star team, but the All-Fodello Team.

WAB,

I was waiting for your response to this...always entertaining.
Usually you are going off about Luke and P Favs though...nice to see the change. I cannot comment on either of your selections, but usually you are accurate in your assessments.

Columbus has scored more than Sapp to date, and Inter are a goal behind with a game in hand. But, I am not sure what that has to do with anything....

the Gomes are like the Sedins....need both to be successful...one is useless.

Spraklin is underrated. Agreed. But, who would you take off the list?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll back WAB and the Collin Phillips bid, good, good player. Very difficult to mark.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In regards to the selction process, from what I understand, each club submits names of their top 5 players. As always in amateur leagues, some clubs forget to submit or just don't want to. From there, a committee (I am assuming is made up of VMSL directors: Azzi, Tremarco, Roy, etc.) selects the final roster.

For the record, Dennis Kindel from Inter and Matt Bird from MF have the two best goals-against average right now, and not Drew Smiley (KNVB).

I like the fact that players were rewarded for consistency as well as their current form this year. Last year Cory, Millar, the Gomes, Darko, Veer, Tiernan, Jomo, and Dormer were named to the All-Star team from this years group and Cory, Millar, Darko, Veer, Jomo, Scigliano, and Tiernan were named to the B.C. All Star team that played Sunderland. I think it is important to reward quality players, especially if they are in current form and make a difference to their team. Lets be honest, take one of these guys out of their resepcted teams and the team would suffer. Take one of the quality players that have been mentioned that should have been picked from a struggling team and it would make no difference....they still would struggle. I like the team and think they will put in a good performance against the Whitecaps. Good Luck!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spacamuro said:
Lets be honest, take one of these guys out of their resepcted teams and the team would suffer.
???
You mean taking Jomo out of the Inter lineup, the team would suffer???
I dont think so.

I like the fact that players were rewarded for consistency as well as their current form this year
I would agree for consistency throughout the current season...not last years performance.

That being said, I like the players picked for the all-star team.
I think they will give the Caps fits all day...but, I would say the Caps got a wakeup call against the FVSL and wont be taking anymore games lightly.

Nice to see VJ get recognition as well....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by Super Pipo
You mean taking Jomo out of the Inter lineup, the team would suffer???
I dont think so.
Great point... Jomo is a great player no doubt, however he seems to be an automatic selection for this team... Why??? He's not the best midfielder in the league... That ssaid, I think the team selected is a damn good one and will compete with the Whitecaps... Just watch out for the Fraser Valley Animals!!!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking atleast one defender from Metroford would have been picked. I thought they were really tough to play against and only allowed 13 goals against.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to everyone who got selected

Jomo is a key player for Inter and is the catalyst in our midfield and he brings creativity to our team. He initiates a lot of our attack and is well deserving of being selected.

I believe Gilly should have been selected this year....6 goals this year.

Dennis Kindel and or MF goalie should also have been selected to the team.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle Breaker said:
Congrats to everyone who got selected

Jomo is a key player for Inter and is the catalyst in our midfield and he brings creativity to our team. He initiates a lot of our attack and is well deserving of being selected. .

On most teams, the centre mid-fileder is usually everything you say.
My point is, if you take Jomo off Inter, how much would it suffer??? Inter has a lot of depth...That being said, I'll repeat myself
I like the players picked for the all-star team.
So, no need to defend Joe...we know he is a quality player and deserving of the selection.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know the reason the game is being played in Tsawwassen?

the FVSL game was at Newton and had hundreds of fans (from all accounts)
i cant imagine 30 people will go to Tsawwassen to watch the game....how many went last year?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's wrong with the Sedins or red hair?

The Tswn. soccer club puts on the event I believe... The first year when I was the technical tape director there must have be 300 - 450 people out.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0