Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The World Scene

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honduras beat Brazil at the Copa America!

What the hell is wrong with that team? Bad chemistry or what?

Oh well, at least Canada isn't alone in the plumetting in the world rankings. At least our players don't have to worry about being lynched (sp?).

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just had to remind myself about next week's cracker:

Friday, August 3, 2001
Los Angeles Galaxy v Real Madrid

Can anyone suggest a good spot that might carry it?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No clue but the Ryan Giggs testimonial will be shown on FOX SPORTS WORLD at 2pm Aug 2nd (1 day delay)... any sports bar should have that...

FWIW, goto soccertv.com and see what they have listed there... DISH Network, Directv, Galavision and Univision should all be available at sports bars in the lower mainland (at least the ones that have grey-market dishes)...

Just looking at what's coming up, I'm thinking I should haul mine outta the closet and set it up...

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote from Ronaldo

Once he leaves the sports limelight, the Brazilian striker said, he plans to dedicate his life to "being a father," adding that he misses his son Ronaldinho, who is Brazil.

"Spending time with your children is one of the three most beautiful things in life. The other two are scoring goals and making love," he said.

I guess being able to do one of the three things is going to have to do for now..............I am sure you can guess which one is consistent and possible.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MSL Allstar Game

I took in the MSL Allstar game on ABC. Without having to give a full game summary, all I can say is that the USA is the master of sensationalization.

Final Score: West 6-6 East

12 goals which is what the American viewing public want to see. The Americans have some very talented players. That Linsay Donovan knows how to finish. Needless to say, defense was non-existent leaving players all the time in the world to finish, but there were some great finishes nevertheless.

Some players had a difficult time abiding by the minimal contact understanding and it was fun to watch Coby Jones have a fit when McBride took him out.

Luis Hernandez wanted desperately to score and it seemed like he was purposely ignored by his teammates. He was in ideal position many times but rarely saw the ball.

When Coony scored, seemingly a scripted a goal, he ran celebrating while removing his jersey. Underneath was a sportsbra as he was imitating Chastaine at the world cup. The big Senegal player, and I mean big, seemed to forget he was on national TV and started playing with Coony's tits. Only in the USA!

It was entertaining in an American kinda way.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ajax 3 - Liverpool 1

C****C's opponents in the Champions League look like they are in form. What are your thought's Capt. & Jinky?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not good

Bucky,

Although Celtic played well yesterday for the most part, I am very concerned with Ajax. They have not had a lot of success the last 3 years and appear to be on their way back up. Beating Liverpool that handily is certainly a concern. I must admit that I am not that optimistic but stranger things have happened in the world of football. Either way, I will be there on August 8th at the Croatian Center, which is a great venue to watch the match thanks to the $3.50 pints of Tenants Lager.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$3.50 for pints of the "T".

That's almost enough to make become a Croatian C****c supporter. My father's side would be proud.

Sean Buckovic

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
State of the Art Stadium

Schalke 04's new stadium is being unveiled in two weeks for it's opening match.

Check this out: http://www.arena-auf-schalke.de/english/pitch.htm
It explains how the field is contained within a concrete tray, and will be moved outside in order to recuperate and allow concerts to go ahead without damaging it.

I guess that's German for common sense. Amazing stuff.
luftbild0106_4.jpg

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bastages....

C****c 4 ManUre 3 (Ryan Giggs Testimonial)

I don't know who I dislike more out of these two. With that said, sounds like it was a dandy.

Apparently, Giggsy took home a cool 2 million quid......tax free. Not bad for a guy earning 50,000GBP/week. Insulting to all those punters living on week-to-week wage packets.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Un-fcuking real

Keeper,

Now that's a stadium. Very, very impressive.

Congratulations to your people.

~TB.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ravers Revolt Against Cokehead

DJ Attacks Cokey Legend

Fantastic news from Clubbers' Island. According to The Sun, "soccer legend Maradona was thrown out of a club in Ibiza during a row with DJ Tall Paul over his 'Hand Of God' goal that knocked England out of the 1986 World Cup."

Go'orn Tall!

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holland vs Ireland

I'm eagerly waiting the critical match between Holland and Ireland on Sept 1. A tie or loss and Holland is all but done for the World Cup. Beating Ireland in Ireland will be no small task since the Irish have been very stingy on defense and continue to be opportunistic on offense. Add to the mix the de Boer and Davids situation and it doesn't look good. While it appears de Boer will be back, the loss of Davides tenacity and pace in the midfield is devastating. However, the Dutch continue to call up young, talented players who continue to rise on the world stage.

It will be a shame if that shocker against Portugal costs the Dutch a World Cup berth. Over the past 10 years Holland has been a remarkably consistent team while playing an enjoyable brand of football.

Let's hope the Irish don't bore them to death in the first half.

Cheers,

Dutchness

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holland vs. Ireland

Yah, they keep bring these young stars onto the world stage, much like the ones who were lumped by Celtic last week in the Champions League. Enough of that for now.

Ireland will bore them to death. Having said that, I am very worried about the Dutch. They should stuff England on Wednesday. They have a lot of punch with Van Nistlerooy?, Kluivert, Hasselbaink so Ireland will have to be stingy. Portugal TTP out of Ireland in Ireland, so it is not impossible.

I must admit that it would be a shame if Holland did not make the World Cup , as they have always been one of my favorite teams. However, if it is the Irish that will have the opportunity to keep them out, so be it.

Yours in international football,

Captain Shitpicks, I mean Shamrock

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dutch do have loads of firepower up front, and even without Davids, the midfield is creative with Cocu and Zenden. As usual, they have some question marks in the back line. I'll be curious as to how they handle Owen on Wednesday. If they keep him in check I won't worry as much about those few forrays the Irish attempt into the Dutch half. With Ireland playing for a tie, it will look a shameful lot like the Italian squad form Euro. I still have bad dreams about that.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch Lions

Holland's strikers are certainly in form, but their midfield is nothing to put your nose up at, either. Although not likely to start, Bobby (child-fiddler) Petta has really come into his own over the last year and van Bronckhurst will be full of confidence after his recent move to ArseSol.

If the Dutch are weak anywhere, it would be in the back. Bar Staam, they are suspect particularly between the sticks. Van der Saar is greatly overrated and should have stuck to netball. He's been shite since the Ajax haydays of the early 90's. And he has face like a blind cobbler's`thumb. Like the rest of them.

Buckfast.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holland vs England

Apparently it is all Holland in the first half. 2- nil after 38 min. and the BBC report was that "Holland was dominating ..." This with Davids on the sidelines. Some stunning attacks and opportunities. These are the days when I hate living in the sticks! Is anybody watching this game?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Numbnuts

I believe the game was available on Viewer's Choice for ~$20... check your dish numbnuts.

~TBwhoisdelightedattheshowingbythedutch...
notsodelitedwiththecroats...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check that

TB is extremely delighted at the showing by the Croats!!!!!!!!

Ireland 2
Croatia 2

I think the Croats tied it up in injury time.

~TB.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0