Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The World Scene

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland vs. Croatia

Where is this game being held this weekend.

Since the black box does'nt work anymore, I probably won't get the game at home like I used to.
I will not be heading down to the Croatian Cultural Center.

7:00 a.m. might be too early for the Pub (It's never too early for the Pub), but still have to play in the tourny that day.

As long as you have a good greeessssy breakfast I guess you can have a couple of pints too.

GOOOOOO! SCOTLAND:D

HOS~

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try the Barnet...

HOS,

The Barnet has 2 different rooms showing games, and I know that they often show Scotland's (not sure why) WC qualifiers. And bully to having to play in a tournament later that day.....I pulled the same stunt in last year's BCFC tourney.............

and only let in 4 goals in the final :eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland vs. Croatia

Here's a little article about Prosinecki that may give the Scots some hope...

Tuesday, August 28, 2001
Captain Croatia promises trouble
By Ivan Speck

Robert Prosinecki gave an indication of what Scotland will have to contend with in their World Cup qualifier against Croatia on Saturday with a display of genius for Portsmouth yesterday.
The Tartan Army had hoped the shambling figure who wandered around as a second-half substitute against the Republic of Ireland a fortnight ago would reappear at Hampden. But, on yesterday's evidence, they will be deeply disappointed.

Instead, Craig Brown's team will face a Croatia captain whose touch and vision stood him so high above everyone else at Fratton Park that you felt it would have been only fair for him to swap sides at half-time.

Click here for the rest

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know?

Keeper,

Do you know if anyone is showing the Germany/England match? Our German player was trying to find out tonight. Does anyone know who is showing it?

Captain

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trying to help from afar...

Burnsie,

I got an e-mail from the owners of Malarkey on Davie St. last week saying that they would be showing the match for $20, I believe. Get there early, it's not the biggest place.

Regs, I have nothing to gain from plugging Malarkey (free pint, Fishbak, when I come back on holiday?), I was merely trying to help my good friend Stephen.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know yet. I was speaking to Number 2 -- we're trying to figure out the best place. I imagine that the Ex-British-Servicemen's Association (or whatever it's called) will be showing it, but as Number 2 said: "Do you want to watch it with a bunch of Brits?"

Maybe that Irish Pub on Broadway -- Calhouns (spelling?) -- next door to the Hollywood. I've heard that they show a bunch of EPL games from time to time. I've got to make some calls tonight.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mehmet and Wayman are watching it at Penny Lane Pub on Main and 41st. I think it's free, but I'm not sure.

I'm out - have a work appointment at 10am.

What about the Ireland v Holland game at 7am?

Anyone know where I can watch that, probably the Barnet I guess? I work in Port Moody, but it's a good 35 minute drive, which means I would need to leave my place at about 6:15am all kitted out for work.

I think I'll pass on both games.

Daz:D

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What time is the England game on. Kick off that is, and not all the preamble crap. I'm in at the Malarkey Lounge.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your intinerary, Dazza Nomates. Great stuff. Looks like you have some big decisions to make. Sit down, take a deep breath and I am sure the answers will come from your little pals inside your head.

I wait in great anticipation for your public announcement on what trials and tribulations Sunday will bring.

Looking forward to it,

Bucky

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more option:

Or not.

Sorry Peter but that's a blatant advert that would benefit a member team of your club.

If you had just said, the such-and-such is showing it, that would have been fine.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bangers and Mash or Chips and Eggs

Hard to decide what to have for breaky. Greeeessssy for sure.

Peter

Can you buy tickets at the door that morning? Is there any other game going to be shown that day?

Is the game going to be tape delay, because I heard it starts at 7:00 am our time, but I am not sure.

Chip Putty for lunch, with a Tennants Lager.

HOS~

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well excuuuuuse me!!

Regs, In that there isn't any "non-TTP Related functions" anymore (or whatever that thread was called), I didn't think you'd mind...where should I post the info?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're still not excused

the way you posted it Peter, well, there will never be a place to post info like that w/o some sort of "deal" with TTP.

Don't mean to be an arsehole but them's the rules and I've always applied them consistently.

If you want to discuss it further, you can email me about it.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stunned

Amazing what a simple question brings out on TTP. I guess the question should have been: Where is the best place for a German follower to watch the game? When you find out, Keeper, please let me know. Thanks.

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penny Lane sounds like the place to be. The fact that Memhet will be there is enough German support for me. I'll have to confirm that with Number 2, though. If we're lucky, perhaps Dad will come along.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in!

That is of course if it is in fact confirmed that they're showing it at 10:30 am live.

Might even bring Opa.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please look for Vitoria the German

I am going to let Vitoria know about the Penny Lane. He has 2 earrings and sounds very German. You can't miss him. He might also be with his female companion. I will tell him to look out for the other 3 Germans that might be in the Penny Lane.

Personally, I will be at the Croatian Center to watch the biggest match of them all. :) No, CD, it is not Croatia/Scotland.

Captain who will be betting on Holland this weekend to make it a no loss situation....... :)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeya there...

Captain,

It'll be great seeing you again...

I'll be in the big hall watching the game with Jinky...close to the bar.:)

Come by at half time.

Regs,

Coming?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typo?

Gaffa,

One can only assume it is a typo, especially with HOS having such a strong Scottish background. :)

CD,

I will pop down at half-time and might even indulge in a pint, if Ireland is doing well or if Holland is covering my bet that I will make. Either way, I should be having a pint....:)

Captain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0