Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 U21 on a up swing

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
U21 is getting fun to watch. More clubs are trying to rebuild wth youth. It also gives a chance to youner guys to pay. Some are not ready to step in to senior mens game.
I just do not understand why KLM is not part of PCOV. That way club would be much stronger.
Alimania Mens side is not serious about moving forward. Corect me if any of you guys thing opposite.

High Endurance

Oct 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base....Where are your Balkan Wolves? I heard you screwed over several 'youth' players on that team. any truth to that?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought KLM is a German based side, I wonder why they would partner with a Portuguese based side?

Unless its a world domination thing or whatever.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - Cliff Ave 0

Well if you want to talk about an up-swing in U21 look no further that the up-swing hay-makers the Cliff Ave players were throwing at Sapp 43 year-old fill-in keeper with 15 to go. Surprised the game wasn't abandoned with Sapp up 3 and Cliff Ave trying to fight Sapp players all over the park.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, were there any reds to Cliff? They had their game last week abandoned and 2 players are listed under Current Discipline with suspensions of unknown length...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

Alemania WAS a German-based team before. I would say that KLM (the youth club) is a pretty representative mix of the ethnic makeup of the city of Vancouver as a whole; there are a lot of kids with Sikh family backgrounds playing there, as well as Chinese, Viet, Latino, African and a variety of European heritages represented as well.

As for why not a part of PCOV, I would imagine a little thing called club tradition might factor into it. Or you could ask SCP...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just recently somebody mentioned how even Serbian White Eagles (Premier League) is not anymore a Serbian ethnic team. What made some teams (Croatia and Serbian White Eagles first to come to mind) very interesting and special was actually their ethnicity and the passion they brought with it. If the ethnicity is lost within these (ethnic) teams I do not see how they can survive once they get relegated from Premier League. They do not have youth categories so how they are going to attract players is a big question.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Wickham vs Cliff ave game week one of the season had to be called 9 minutes early as some guy on Cliff started throwing haymakers at the Wickham coach and sidelines. They are a bunch of hot heads!

We play Norvan tonight 8pm @ Confed, guys are looking forward to it. Most off our guys have high school games this afternoon, so they may have heavy legs!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Pegasus 1

Coq. Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves 0

What happened there? It looks like a big upset.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Wickham vs Cliff ave game week one of the season had to be called 9 minutes early as some guy on Cliff started throwing haymakers at the Wickham coach and sidelines. They are a bunch of hot heads!
!
They did that in game 1, then 8 days ago they had their game against ICSF abandoned, and just two days ago 3 or 4 of the subs came onto the field to fight with the Sapp players during the game. The ICSF coach didn't try to control them. The 76 year old ref let them get away with it. A report has been filed with the league.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is we Cside?

Wickham U21. New team this year made up from a NV group that skipped the last year of youth, all either Gold level or Metro level players. Eleven of our 17 players are in grade 12 this year. The remaining graduated last year. I am the Manager, helping 2 buddy`s coach. Doing ok so far!

We had to affiliate with a club to enter Metro, and Wickham is an excellent fit for us!

cherrypicker

Oct 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering they are in 3rd place dont really see it as an upset. With the Y Generation to get them to games, the coach has to be up by 7am to round them up like stray dogs. These kids just dont have the heart to come out and play anymore; its either to cold or too far. But really they partied to hard last night and tried to drink like men but clearly arent. But when they do come out they are amazing. The only team that doesnt seem to have that problem is Metro Ford and thats how they can dominate the U-21 division week in and week out.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know that I would never do that. Some guys only came when it did not rain. If I am paying than I demand better turn out. Having 13 guys on a rainy day games was no fun for good guys. That is why I took a year off. I will be back in next season. Team did well in a senior league. It gives guys a chance to play on other sides. There is many guys that would like to play. I will most likley play out of North Van next year. It will make it close for guys to drive. In my opinion that was the biggest reason for some guys. Any guys that do not have a team can contact me I will get a spot for them. There is four teams in VMSL that did not win a game they can use a player. Some guys went down to U21 to play. Phisical part of their game was missin. It gives them onother year to work on that. Senior mens game is very rough and tough place to play in. Fitness was lacking from few guys that sent them on the banch. Senior soccer is all about winning.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICSF just not strong enough for U21. They are getting pushed off of the ball far toeasy for U21 level of play. Rino U21 vs Cliff was a good game to watch. Cliff plays well one week and the goes nuts next week. Somany good players. I can not understand why they do things that are coastly for club and coaches.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's with some reinforcements for tomorrow night's game... 3 players who just finished their season at Langara.

It looks like a 2 horse race at the top, but there's a lot of teams fighting it out for 3rd and 4th.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did see MF play Inter U21. If it was not for Inter keeper score could have been ten two. Inter is a young and scrapy side. Lacking in tree key areas of the Park. Mid turns the ball over far tomutch for that leverl. It looks like coach is playing guys equaly at that level.
In my opinion teaching has to stop at that level. Wins are needed for guys to stay together. Boys need to play on a bigger field than Beacansfield. MF side is an all Slav side. Some very good players. Big Bob should be loocking here. Canadian kids need to be part of a big scope.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0