Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Uefa Cup 2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Fiorentina has Luca Toni today they would have won 8-Nil.

Vieri, Mutu, and many others squandered chances to make Rangers Pay the 8 or so times they allowed Fiorentina room to breathe.

Unlucky to have been Sent off imho for Cousin. Ref had it out for him from his first aerial challenge... I have never seen a dodgier bunch of diving pricks...except Mutu, thumbs up to him for staying on his feet and not actng I-Tie when Broadfoot and Cuellar closed him down in the box...Every other time a Ger breathed on a Viola they fell over like they were shot.

How Liverni or whatever his name is gets off free after suckering Cousin into that is amazing to me...blessing in disuise though as Cosuin is rank on Peno's IIRC.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a list of all the players/managers saying we play anti-football and it will get us nowhere.

Lionel Messi
Deco
Frank Rijkaard
Georgios Samaras
Massimo Donati
Adrian Mutu
Fabio Liverani
GIRFUY!!!!

Anti-football is the way of the future :D :D

Hullo Hullo
We're The Anti-Football Boys!
Hullo Hullo
You'll hear us by our noise
We're up to our necks in Silverware
We are the Anti-Football Boys!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Not to forget Captain Shamrock:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend.
Walter Smith, Rangers manager
It was a great result tonight but I think we have done well during the whole campaign, showing great determination and spirit. Reaching a European final is a fantastic result for everybody connected to the club and for our fans. We knew Fiorentina would put us under pressure because they always do that when they play at home and tonight they played a good game. However, the level of commitment to keep it at 0-0 was absolutely fantastic. I'm delighted David Weir could achieve this at this late stage in his career. He was returning from injury and gave great support to the team with a fantastic performance in defence. Nacho Novo is one of our best penalty takers but everyone did well to keep their nerve after our first miss from the spot. Dick Advocaat achieved a great result with Zenit and I'm happy for him as a former Rangers man. I look forward to facing them in the final. I don't think Fiorentina could have done much more than they did. They put us under severe pressure but our defence were fantastic. We are a difficult team to score against. Right now I'm not thinking about winning trophies but just enjoying the fact that we are going to Manchester.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Rangers supporters on the site. Getting there is what it's all about.....and there are only 2 teams left. Hopefully you're wrong about anti-football, JBN, but sadly I think you're right. Wonderful how at the semi-final of such an event that two teams could not score even one goal.........but that's what that style of football produces. Anyway, well done to Rangers. Obviously Walter Smith has done something right with the team this year......now let's go Zenit! :D ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
While it is not the football I desire to watch you cannot argue with the results...
Fact is the Gers are light on talent and full of spirit and heart and passion and everything that used to be all part and parcel of the stereotype that British Football

Hopefully this run will have earned Mr's Murray and Bain enough money for the club to be debt free and hopefully bring in some players that will help improve the attractiveness of our football.

If we win the UEFA cup, which we will, this run will be chalked up as legendary, but in the spirit of the New Jersey Devils and the advent of the "trap" in hockey.

Is it fantastic defending or "anti-football"?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While it is not the football I desire to watch you cannot argue with the results...
Fact is the Gers are light on talent and full of spirit and heart and passion and everything that used to be all part and parcel of the stereotype that British Football

Hopefully this run will have earned Mr's Murray and Bain enough money for the club to be debt free and hopefully bring in some players that will help improve the attractiveness of our football.

If we win the UEFA cup, which we will, this run will be chalked up as legendary, but in the spirit of the New Jersey Devils and the advent of the "trap" in hockey.

Is it fantastic defending or "anti-football"?

Debt free??????????:D :D :D That's a good one............:) Making the UEFA Cup final makes less than getting to the final 16 in the CL........and I'm pretty sure Sir Minty is A LOT more in debt than that.......

To answer your question.......it's anti-football. :D But seriously though, congratulations on getting to the final. It is a big accomplishment any way it is sliced.

Hail Hail

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I out to lunch here... Did Murray not come out and say that the club was somewhere (if memory serves) approximately 12 million pounds in debt...

ah'm nae accountant now. RF?

12-9=3...

3 Million pounds...Surely with Champs League cash and a deep run to the finals of the UEFA cup would see us in black ink...

of course I'm not privvy to the real info, I'm just going off what I seem to remember reading...

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolfgang, any comments?

We were terrible today. Zenit is fresh and Bayern has played too many games. Great season for us anyways winning the German double. Nothing to hang our heads at. They were simply better team on one day than us.

Congrats to the Gers fans on here. Probably the worst team ever to reach a final.

Heres to hoping we get matched up in the group stage of the Champions League together.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were terrible today. Zenit is fresh and Bayern has played too many games. Great season for us anyways winning the German double. Nothing to hang our heads at. They were simply better team on one day than us.

Congrats to the Gers fans on here. Probably the worst team ever to reach a final.

Heres to hoping we get matched up in the group stage of the Champions League together.

Fcuk the Huns..............and that's it...........fukc them

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic. Well done indeed rangers....Captain make your mind up:rolleyes:

CS, are you playing for the muckers this year out in Langley ?

BB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic. Well done indeed rangers....Captain make your mind up:rolleyes:

CS, are you playing for the muckers this year out in Langley ?

BB

I made up my mind, Billy Boy........Congratulations! :)

As for the Muckers, I will make one or two games hopefully, as long as they're Wednesday games.........Are you playing yourself?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0