Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Hockey

Gold Silver Bronze so Please pick 3

• Canada

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Russia

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Sweden

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Finland

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Czechs

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • USA

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Swiss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slovacks

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Belarus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thornton...for ****s sakes this guy has been "finding his stride" for the past ****ing decade.

He's never clutch.

Perry has been shocking...

Stamkos and Carter might have been better choices in hindsight...how much do we need stamkos' one timer and speed on the pp for example?

Pronger, you look like a ****ing pylon.

Put Toews with Crosby and Nash, and Heatley with Getlaf and Staal.

Doughty has been amazing..hard to believe the kid is only 20.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thornton = 1 shot this tournament:eek:
weber = 11 shots

Thornton...for ****s sakes this guy has been "finding his stride" for the past ****ing decade.

He's never clutch.

Perry has been shocking...

Stamkos and Carter might have been better choices in hindsight...how much do we need stamkos' one timer and speed on the pp for example?

Pronger, you look like a ****ing pylon.

Put Toews with Crosby and Nash, and Heatley with Getlaf and Staal.

Doughty has been amazing..hard to believe the kid is only 20.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the game, one Canadian hockey player downplayed the pressure his team might feel.

"You're not trying to take 30 million people and put them on your shoulders," Corey Perry told the Montreal Gazette.

does this bother anyone else?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the positive side, i think losing last night to the USA is what Canada may have needed to refocused or get focused. On top of that, they got the taste of losing an Olympic game on home soil, and is something they probably don't want to experience again. Anyways, here's hoping last night was the wake-up call.

But on the flipside, all the top teams are strong teams, it's definitely not a cake walk over the Top 5 anymore. Most if all those players play in the NHL. Interesting story, CNN had the US team's win over Canada saying it was reminiscent of the "Miracle on Ice". But the truth is the US has a good team and Miller playing awesome.

Lou to start for sure.

1st time in over 50 years, the USA has beaten Canada or something like that? :confused:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand the shot analasys....
but...

How many of webers shots were "quality chances"
Thornton might just need a few shots comparing to Webers...

enough of the Big Slow old guys.

Also,
I think building a Hockey team and not an all star team would help.
Shane Doan, Ryan SMith etc could help this team.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have access to a pair of player allocated tickets to tomorrow nights Sweden vs (likely) Slovakia game. I would go but cannot due to a prior, now inescapable engagement. I thought I'd throw it up for the TTP community.

MSG Me if you are interested for the details.

They are category A tix in and amongst players wives, family, friends of Swedish Players.

Act quick, they will go fast.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inescapable engagement?

Must be chick-flick night at the JBN household - or a rerun of the Cheers episode with Cliffy on Jeopardy.

:D

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have access to a pair of player allocated tickets to tomorrow nights Sweden vs (likely) Slovakia game. I would go but cannot due to a prior, now inescapable engagement. I thought I'd throw it up for the TTP community.

MSG Me if you are interested for the details.

They are category A tix in and amongst players wives, family, friends of Swedish Players.

Act quick, they will go fast.

what time is the game?

some sources say its at 9, at gm place...but the vancouver2010 website says its at thunderbird arena at 7:confused:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly :D

no, the engagement is that I am going to a work function that evening downtown... my boss won't let me buy them and expense them :mad: to take my customer... brutal.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is at T-Bird 7pm.. Smaller rink... would be cool to see all those guys in a smaller building.

Attachments

• Swe vs Slovakia.jpg
    Swe vs Slovakia.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 47

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
regardless...

I have access to the pair... if interested let me know. They have been purchased by a Swedish player. (The players were allocated an amount of tix for the prelim rounds, and now have to buy the allottment for the playoff and medal round tix, I can't imagine they would have sold him the tix to a finland game instead of his own)

It is 100% now that Luongo starts this afternoon... also the reporters on various outlets have the Thornton/Marleau/Heatley line as third line with Nash moving to play with Getzlaff and Perrey, which I guess means Crosby Iginla and Staal go together as the Morrow Richards and Toews line has been decent as the energy/4th line...

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had a good chuckle when I saw this.

gretsky.jpg

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
regardless...

I have access to the pair... if interested let me know. They have been purchased by a Swedish player. (The players were allocated an amount of tix for the prelim rounds, and now have to buy the allottment for the playoff and medal round tix, I can't imagine they would have sold him the tix to a finland game instead of his own)

It is 100% now that Luongo starts this afternoon... also the reporters on various outlets have the Thornton/Marleau/Heatley line as third line with Nash moving to play with Getzlaff and Perrey, which I guess means Crosby Iginla and Staal go together as the Morrow Richards and Toews line has been decent as the energy/4th line...

who is the swedish player?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweden vs Slovakia. 2 Category A Tickets, as per the above. Face Price ($600 for pair)

MSG Me if you want them. Once they're gone they're gone.

Predictions for tonight:
Sweden 4- Slovakia 2
Canada 3 - Russia 1
Finland 2 - Czech Republic 1
Swiss 3 - USA 2 (Shootout) *My Upset pick*

Then Finalnd over the Swiss and Canada over Sweden for a Canada v Finland Gold Medal game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0