Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Video Games thread (for 30year old virgins)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nor am I and yes, Regs, as long as you play video games or can take the piss I grant you authorization to post :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Santa is dropping off an Xbox on Christmas day... Which game should I buy? Which one are you guys talking about? Never played a first person shooter game but pretty convinced I will enjoy it. 10 years ago I used to play grand theft auto and gran tourismo (love them racing games).

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Xbox return it for the PS3 and join me, berg, mb10 etc. Fifa 12 is an unreal game. Were talking about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. Good game, but it will be tough and frustrating for a new player to get into (mulitplayer wise). They still have Grand Theft Auto's out, I find the newest one, was not that great, but the new one is coming out next year I believe and looks awesome. All depends on what you're into. I believe xbox has a racing game called Forza, and its supposed to be the best made, apparently crushed Turismo.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The trucks are from mom and dad. The Xbox is what they asked santa for.

Signed,

ICantWaitToPlayWithTheTrucks

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok you got me! maybe get a ps3 on boxing day then for yourself. just looking out for ya, from our GEU vs Delta days:eek:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
MC, if you wanna get back into FPS games just do a double back flip into the deep end. I hadn't played since Golden Eye and then I straight up bought Black Ops. Sucked for a while but you get the hang of it over time.

Grab Halo or MW3 and have at her, Hoss!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second CS's advice 6'5. Grab a PS3. Xbox is only kinda cool with Kinect as the games STILL can't keep up with the technology, that being said you could ask the wife permission to go out and secure a "Blueray Player" on Boxing Day and come home with a PS3 ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
already have a blu ray. dammit! will have to try out some of these games on xbox. not willing to buy another game console at this time. wife is already confused at why we have to get an xbox when we already have a wii.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
6'5 it breaks down like this:

Real gamers (those with absolutely no life and especially MMO & FPS) use PC.
Console Gamers that want depth and multiplayer experiences use PS3 or XBox... and this is just a matter of which you prefer as far as User Interface and/or bells/whistles. Xbox's online play is pay for use, PS3 is free. XBox has more users/subscribers as it was adopted better up front but lost the war of Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD
Wii: a party toy or kids console with some cool games, but really the stuff adults will prefer is on Xbox or PS3.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the new Wii is supposed to come out next year, but XBox and PS3 were holding out to the following year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will anyone even get these systems right away? I mean im a playstation fan but ps3 was 799 at one point. no way im paying that for ps4. I think I paid 399 for my ps3.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sixfyv,

As a user of both PS3 and Xbox, I'd say it depends on what you want to use your console for. Since it seems like games, I'd go with the Xbox. My PS3 only gets it's use as an entertainment system (Blu-Ray, movies from my hard drive etc) and only exclusive game titles (aformentioned Uncharted 3). Online Xbox is pay to play, but for $5 a month it's not really a big deal, and I like it a lot better than the PS3 Xmb, the Xbox dashboard's latest update is pretty sweet too.

As for games for you, are you going to be playing in the presence of your kids? I've played Call of Duty exclusively for the last 5 years, and didn't think I'd play another shooter, but when I got the Xbox I tried some other stuff. If you're only getting one game, get Gears of War 3. Hands down one of the best games I've ever played. It's got a learning curve before you can be good (or competitive at online) but it's just so much fun. Storyline is epic, and probably the only game I've ever thought to myself would make an awesome movie. It has gotten me to go back and by Gears 1 and 2 just to play out the story. Battlefield 3 is a lot of fun too, and of course Call of Duty. I would buy Black Ops instead of MW3, as I'm hating it right now. If you're in to racing games, can't really help you out but the new Need for Speed and Forza look pretty sick.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0