Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars VMSL Allstars 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL All Stars side has games on May 28 vs FVSL, and May 31 vs VISL. The following players were short-listed (some players obviously can play more than one position):

Goaltenders
Didar Sandhu Croatia SC
Paul Shephard Surrey Utd
Matt Clayton RCIU Legends

Defenders
Brook Scott Metro Ford
Robin Hart Croatia SC
Jonathan Poli Columbus-Clan FC
Mike Gomes Sporting Club
Darko Jelic Croatia SC
Jeff Skinner Surrey Utd
Steve Mcauley Surrey Utd
Drew Jelley West Van FC
Trevor Short West Van FC

Midfielders
Joseph Marello ICSF Inter
Emilio Bottiglieri Metro Ford
Alfredo Valente Metro Ford
Johnny Sulentic Croatia FC
Alex Kosanin Serbian White Eagles
Maarten Koorn Croatia FC
Spencer Coppin RCIU Legends
Paul Dailly West Van FC

Forwards
Steve DeBlasio Columbus-Clan FC
Tiernan King Columbus-Clan FC
Milad Rahmadi West Van FC
Andrew Corazza ICSF Inter
Rizal Ganief Columbus-Clan FC
Ryan Glanville West Van FC
Shawn Blakeway Norvan Eagles

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have never been a huge fan of 29 but how does a keeper, whose team finished 10th out of 12 teams get picked over one who finished first?

Easy, by helping this 10th place team have less GA than half the division...we couldn't finish our chances this season, but Sixfyv certainly kept them out and gave us chance to get points every single game this season.

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro

Using that logic 29 should be there...since WV only allowed 15 on the season, less than 1/2 of the number allowed by 65.

10/4
DD

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro

Using that logic 29 should be there...since WV only allowed 15 on the season, less than 1/2 of the number allowed by 65.

10/4
DD

Not necessarily...WVFC have just won the treble, which speaks volumes of the players in front of Two-Nine...not that 29 isn't a capable GK, but the West Van backline in front of him was phenomenal this season, so they had a lot to do with 29 and Nick's GA being so low.

For us, we struggled defensively and our GA would have been much worse and more along the lines of the GA of the relegated teams had it not been for Sixfyv.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have never been a huge fan of 29 but how does a keeper, whose team finished 10th out of 12 teams get picked over one who finished first?
You can say that about anyone who isnt on West Van though... This, I think, minus 65, :) is the strongest VMSL all-star side I've seen in quite some time.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brunro

What about the Metro-Ford and Inter keepers?? They both also had better GAA's that all three keepers listed above???

DD

I agree with MF's GK Matty Bird...no disrespect to Didar who is an excellent GK, but I think Matt Bird should be on there instead of big D, as he was a huge reason MF were at the top of the league for the first half of the season and stayed within touch of 1st place for the rest of the season...Bird had numerous top-notch performances this season!

You're missing the point though DD...as Capitano pointed out, he's questioning the pick of a 10th place team GK instead of 29 (treble winner), so my point is that is says a lot of what Sixfyv did for us in keeping the ball out of the net when we just avoided relegation, yet had lower GA than 5th, 7th, 8th, and 9th place teams. I realize I'm biased, but having seen many, many games outside of our own league games this season, I believe Sixfyv deserves the shout, as he was far more consistent than many GK's in the league this season, regardless of where there team finished in the standings. Believe me, being a GK all my life, I'm a GK's biggest critic, as Sixfyv will attest, so I feel my rating of a GK is pretty spot-on after seeing them play a few times each.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW... Who's in net for the FVSL Allstar team this weekend? Just a question... as I've heard their 3 selections are not available for the game against the Island. :D

:knvb:

Dirty Daddy 3... thanks for your support.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DD, I agree with your point on 6'5", but I believe the league was trying to get at least a representive from each team in the league. The only teams not represented were Delta and rightfully so as they chose not to play in any Cups and also Westside. I believe the selection committiee felt sorry for RCIU and 6'5' and seeing how strong that this all star team is this year they probably felt why not make it exciting and select 6'5" for the team!:D:D

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matt Bird stood on his head the second time that we played them and again in the provincial semi's. I think that he should be there for sure and i thought he was going to be. I saw 6-5 play a few times other than the games he played against us and he did keep his team in those games, but saying that i also saw him not play very well in a couple of games. He is a good keep but i would put Bird in before him. As for me not getting the nod... it really makes no difference to me. Good luck to all involved and i agree with KNVB that this is an extremely strong team. 29

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
are you feeling okay, two-nine? almost felt a little man-love there. yikes.

bird has been a stud in each game i have played against him, or watched him. definitely worthy. thank goodness our team needed a representative.:rolleyes: lucky me.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
has anyone thought that these players were not selected due to not being able to make it to the game(s) that will take place??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0