Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars VMSL Allstars 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the VMSL vs FVSL game is on a Thursday evening (May 28) at 730 PM out in White Rock, about an hour out of town at least for the VMSL guys.

That one should have a big fan turnout.

who cares, we have a summer league game that night and may be missing some players due to this tragedy of a start time :rolleyes:

btw, 38 and mvp is pretty impressive.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From West Van is no treat either.

Sir M.

Is anywhere easy to get to from West Van?

Fcuk me...it's easier to get to Langley from Vancouver than West Van. Maybe the VMSL should host in Squamish next year, this way they'll screw everyone, but the West Van boys will attend. Be sure to leave enough time to meet the booking at Nicholas North after.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
who cares, we have a summer league game that night and may be missing some players due to this tragedy of a start time :rolleyes:

VI will be in a similar boat. Victoria UTD play Khalsa (PCSL) on Sunday same time as the VMSL game. Must be a bunch of island players on both rosters.
You can't avoid all conflicts but if you want a good game it might be worth trying harder.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anywhere easy to get to from West Van?

Fcuk me...it's easier to get to Langley from Vancouver than West Van. Maybe the VMSL should host in Squamish next year, this way they'll screw everyone, but the West Van boys will attend. Be sure to leave enough time to meet the booking at Nicholas North after.

As long as the people from White Rock are happy.

By the way, I think you are referring to Nicklaus North. It is named after a famous golfer. I heard that they hosted the skins game there a few years back, and set up a beer garden a few hundred yards away from the play, one that from which the fans could not see the action. I do not recall them getting all grumpy and criticizing the patrons about no one attending the garden as a result. But my memory could be foggy on that.

Sir M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you go to the beer garden if they had one or would you sit in the parking lot with a tin of chew and a case?

Since the game is in Slurrey and not White Rock, you would probably chose the parking lot.
Double Header at the SAP on thursday, with the Mighty PAU Rangers also in action vs. the Sundowners, a huge Knights league match.

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, I was talking about the skins game. ;) Seriously. But the topic reminds me a bit of in high school where the ill-spirited date gives the guy what for for not asking her out.

It is Keynesian ecomomics if you boil it down. If the customer is not happy with the provider, then I suppose they would tend to go elsewhere.

Just my views.

Sir M.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as the people from White Rock are happy.

By the way, I think you are referring to Nicklaus North.

West Van snob. :D

All I remember from the last time I golfed there that we had fun rearanging the little Bear figurines that mark the t-boxes in compromising positions.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The people in S. Slurrey are very happy tonight, as the Mighty PAU Rangers beat the Sundowners 3-2 in a very entertaining match, first 1-0 or PAU then, Sundowners took control in the second with two quick goals to make it 2-1, but the Rangers battled back to tie it, and old Billy Conner, yes with a header, got the winner in the last 5 minutes to win the game.

There was some other game beside us, it ended 5-3 for the white team, they were average on the ball, beating the blue team who were a little below average. Both teams seemed more interested in the Knights League game on the other pitch.

hos

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with a depleted roster, the VMSL team dominated from beginning to end. Its too bad that only 9 fans attended. I felt sorry for the players who had to suffer through the heat on the artificial turf field.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with a depleted roster, the VMSL team dominated from beginning to end. Its too bad that only 9 fans attended. I felt sorry for the players who had to suffer through the heat on the artificial turf field.

Did only 9 Island players attend? Did they play on the old or new turf fields?
What kind of support did they expect with a 1 PM Sunday game with this beautiful weather? Make it a night game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than the people on the VMSL email list, who else really knew about the game?

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than the people on the VMSL email list, who else really knew about the game?

Who else really cared?

If it was to show that the VMSL was the better league, then why agree to 4 spots for the VMSL, VISL, and FVSL in the new super league?

At this rate, there will be some long boat trips back to the Island.:(

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who else really cared?

If it was to show that the VMSL was the better league, then why agree to 4 spots for the VMSL, VISL, and FVSL in the new super league?

At this rate, there will be some long boat trips back to the Island.:(
it's a 10 team BCPL with 4 3 3 for the VMSL VISl FVSL:cool:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sixfyv, it's one team promoted from each league each year, so it will take at least 4 years before it could possibly be an 8 - 1 - 1 split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0