Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it is totally different going up to premier but with a few additions you never know... look at Peg this year, they were in the top three at one point in the season and a big reason why was because they added 3-4 quality players like Nico, CJ and Mayshem. Last season we were awarded a premier spot after Surrey United and Firefighters merged a week before the season was to begin and didn't have the summer to add players to strengthen our squad but were still mid table halfway through the season but lost two very key players and didnt recover to stay in premier by 4 points. But I do like the idea of having the bottom two premier and top three div 1 teams play in a round robin playoff if the vmsl does indeed want to stick with 12 teams in premier.

That would work too.......:)

Polska, they probably would struggle in the Premier but they would likely pick up players to make them stronger.....the only division one team I haven't seen is the Olympics but MOST premier teams have noticeable weaknesses on them......there are very few who are strong from top to bottom.....Surrey United and West Van are a step above all the rest at the moment and that is difficult to argue.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain I do agree with you as far as Surrey not as far as West Van. West Van are older side still playing good soccer. In next year the must make four changes or they will end up same as Inter. It is dam impossible to make changes mid way through the season. Croatia SC made few changes and still sit in the midle of the table. That is onother side in need of a keeper and two guys up front. Come cup time mabe they will win a round. West Van are still bitter about Nationals and they are gunning to repeat the same as they did last year. My gut feelling Surrey will be the side this year.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain I do agree with you as far as Surrey not as far as West Van. West Van are older side still playing good soccer. In next year the must make four changes or they will end up same as Inter. It is dam impossible to make changes mid way through the season. Croatia SC made few changes and still sit in the midle of the table. That is onother side in need of a keeper and two guys up front. Come cup time mabe they will win a round. West Van are still bitter about Nationals and they are gunning to repeat the same as they did last year. My gut feelling Surrey will be the side this year.

Base, this has nothing to do with Div. 1. Back on topic please. :rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergomascho what is the latest by Azzi as far as how many clubs move up. Some guys are saying it will be three teams moving up. What is the use if Clubs are not going to BC Premier. BC Soccer is pissed at Azzi. I will like to see cup resalts this year. Only thing this will do is better PCSL next year. You will see two maybe even three clubs move to PCSL. Somehow I think Eagles and Croatia and Sap might take off. It just remains to be seen.

Shwiggidy

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, i didn't understand your posts at all... until the end of the season, forget Berg. Do most people speak in this style where ever your from? Sound like a boxing coach to me

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergomascho what is the latest by Azzi as far as how many clubs move up. Some guys are saying it will be three teams moving up. What is the use if Clubs are not going to BC Premier. BC Soccer is pissed at Azzi. I will like to see cup resalts this year. Only thing this will do is better PCSL next year. You will see two maybe even three clubs move to PCSL. Somehow I think Eagles and Croatia and Sap might take off. It just remains to be seen.

Mr. Base,

Just spoke to the Honorable Bobby Lenarduzzi, Matt Clayton, William Azzi and Reuben Tremarco in a conference call.

THE OFFICIAL VERDICT is that the VMSL are moving up 8 Div. 1 teams and relegating none to make a 20 team Premier Division. Div. 1 will be folded altogether and Div. 2 is being renamed VMSL SuperCAT Long Division. Div. 3 will be amalgamated into the MWSL as a sort of co-ed division. CAT teams will be granted full club status in the VISL and GHouse will be subsidizing all the travel back and forth. Lastly the Master's division is now going to be the National Team reserves. All in all a VERY fair decision IMO.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergomascho if they did that our National side might win a game. You might as well be all div one soccer. Go and watch few games and count the turn overs in a game. You have to stop counting after few hundred. Victoria United plays the best soccer in BC. Surrey FC is second. Only Clarkie slows the game down.
But that's our BC soccer.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergomascho if they did that our National side might win a game. You might as well be all div one soccer. Go and watch few games and count the turn overs in a game. You have to stop counting after few hundred. Victoria United plays the best soccer in BC. Surrey FC is second. Only Clarkie slows the game down.
But that's our BC soccer.

you'll never walk alone

-BC Mental Health and Addiction Services-

Attachments

• 2689067617_3d4fd67f85.jpg
    2689067617_3d4fd67f85.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 70

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One win in last twenty games is not somthing that does not need changes. But I love the possative posts on the main page.
Best job in the world. It does not matter what the score is. Stay possative and we all collect the cheques. Polska I realy do not care what they do. PCSl league is ten minutes drive and soccer is just about the same. Score could be two to one for eather side.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what happened Wednesday night? Did the locomotive steam through acbc or was the nk train derailed?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza Ghouse can give you the inside to that. Rest of us new nothing about it. Watcher is not posting, if they did play NK might have been kicked in the but. ACBC is a good side.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 4 NK Hrvat 0

I looks like a derailment but it really wasn't. Missing our starting stopper and fullback wasn't too much of a factor besides Admir owning our leftback who we couldn't sub fast enough to prevent the first goal. One of our less cooperative players wouldn't swap positions which could have prevented the goal. Salov missed a sitter that would have opened the scoring and Hrvat had many forays into the ABCB penalty area including a handball in the ACBC 18 that went uncalled. 1-0 at the half.

NK's Sandro was whistled on brutal penalty call where he clearly touched ball first before the striker fell over him to make it 2-0. Luca hit the crossbar on a free kick from just outside the 18 and Adriano was put in cold by NK legend David Bellotti only to be robbed with out even a rebound. Then seconds later he was denied on a header from 5 feet out that the goalie caught while parallel to the ground again with no rebound. Keeps was standing on his head. Then Kenji scored on a square ball that was impossible to be offside but was flagged by the twelve year old linesman. ACBC's matriarch told me he won't play with out linesman and now I think I know why. Sandro then was upended at the opposing endline and had to leave the game with a sore shoulder leaving McDirty at the mercy of Admir and Co. ACBC slotted two more late goals while NK was denied another hand ball in the box and a free kick was awarded that could have been deemed inside the box. Last but not least Bellotti turned his defender brilliantly to bust in alone only to spray his shot wide from point blank.

A lot of fun and exactly what NK needed. Hope to get a rematch in the provincials.:D:D:D

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 4 NK Hrvat 0

I looks like a derailment but it really wasn't. Missing our starting stopper and fullback wasn't too much of a factor besides Admir owning our leftback who we couldn't sub fast enough to prevent the first goal. One of our less cooperative players wouldn't swap positions which could have prevented the goal. Salov missed a sitter that would have opened the scoring and Hrvat had many forays into the ABCB penalty area including a handball in the ACBC 18 that went uncalled. 1-0 at the half.

NK's Sandro was whistled on brutal penalty call where he clearly touched ball first before the striker fell over him to make it 2-0. Luca hit the crossbar on a free kick from just outside the 18 and Adriano was put in cold by NK legend David Bellotti only to be robbed with out even a rebound. Then seconds later he was denied on a header from 5 feet out that the goalie caught while parallel to the ground again with no rebound. Keeps was standing on his head. Then Kenji scored on a square ball that was impossible to be offside but was flagged by the twelve year old linesman. ACBC's matriarch told me he won't play with out linesman and now I think I know why. Sandro then was upended at the opposing endline and had to leave the game with a sore shoulder leaving McDirty at the mercy of Admir and Co. ACBC slotted two more late goals while NK was denied another hand ball in the box and a free kick was awarded that could have been deemed inside the box. Last but not least Bellotti turned his defender brilliantly to bust in alone only to spray his shot wide from point blank.

A lot of fun and exactly what NK needed. Hope to get a rematch in the provincials.:D:D:D

Wow..it was a friendly, theres no need to draw attention to the fact you were missing two players. Have you posted a game report in which you didn't mention all of your amazing,but un able to attend players????

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC is first place in the FVSL Premier Division. They have just beaten three VMSL Premier teams in exhibitions. They are a top level team with a couple of elite players. I think it is of note that half our starting backline was unavailable. I am sure they were missing players as well yaddi yaddi yadda. The officiating was lopsided at best and scoring chances were close or in NK's favour. Take it or leave it. I really don't care. It was only exhibition!!!!!!!!!!!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - Van Olympics 0

What a great team win today out at South Memorial... we held them to only two chances on net from long range and played a really good game by keeping the ball and playing it on the ground. 0-0 at half but then 3 mins in we scored a goal from a corner which our center back headed into the top corner. 5 mins after that our player is sent in on a breakaway and gets taken down just outside the 18 by their goalie so he receives a red card and they are down to 10 players. They deflect our free kick out for a corner and we score on that corner kick. The rest of the game was back and forth with us missing some chances on the counter attack as they were pushing up a lot. Hopefully this game means something resulting in us going back up to premier as the guys worked really hard this season. Van Olympics played a really good game but just didn't have that threat in our third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0