Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher you guys are like fifth or sixth side that got beat by Fraser Valley side. It should be brought to Azzies and his guys atention that Fraser Valley soccer is well and getting better. And ferther more four sides from Fraser Valley play in VMSL. And if you check the standing in VMSL they are all in top five in the league standings. Don't feal bad for losing to ACBC. With adition of Darko Jelic,Tino Cucca and one more guys. ACBC could beat White Caps. We need beer gardens and a good Park with two pitches to play on and Soccer in Lower Mailand will grow and move forward.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE

URGENT NOTICE—2010-03-03

RE: 2010-2011 SEASON

Following the decision by the Premier Division teams not to enter the BC Premier League, the VMSL Board of Directors has determined that the Premier Division for the 2010-2011 season will comprise 14 teams. The balance of the Restructuring Proposal that was passed at the 2009 AGM will remain unchanged.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be many pissed off guys. Watcher you got the inside scoop. Did you cross over, or do you have the stick.

Wazza10

Jan 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE

URGENT NOTICE—2010-03-03

RE: 2010-2011 SEASON

Following the decision by the Premier Division teams not to enter the BC Premier League, the VMSL Board of Directors has determined that the Premier Division for the 2010-2011 season will comprise 14 teams. The balance of the Restructuring Proposal that was passed at the 2009 AGM will remain unchanged.

So what does this mean for Division 1? Is everyone under 6th place still getting relegated?

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what does this mean for Division 1? Is everyone under 6th place still getting relegated?

I believe so, I think that they are going with the same format as if the BCPL was intact with the exception that the premier division will have 14 teams.

When does Chile play Bombastic then?

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe so, I think that they are going with the same format as if the BCPL was intact with the exception that the premier division will have 14 teams.

When does Chile play Bombastic then?

We probably won't be playing this game until we are done with our appearance in Imperial Cup.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deceit talking about Imperial Cup. Chile is one side that will give many sides lots to think about. Nice to see under dogs win.

xxdischord

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what is happening with the 6th place playoff given Chile is out of the Imperial Cup and there is this ongoing controversy with them?

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if the league ever made a decision on the status of Chile. I would think that if they used an illegal player all season that there would be a price to pay. Again, this has not been proven as far I as I know and I am not sure if the league even cares knowing that Chile is out of the Imperial Cup.

Obviously the teams that are being relegated as a result should be pissed IF there was a violation of the rules.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if the league ever made a decision on the status of Chile. I would think that if they used an illegal player all season that there would be a price to pay. Again, this has not been proven as far I as I know and I am not sure if the league even cares knowing that Chile is out of the Imperial Cup.

Obviously the teams that are being relegated as a result should be pissed IF there was a violation of the rules.

Executive decision to be made by VMSL...Chile holds appeal rights with BC Soccer...that's as much as I can divulge given the sensitivity of the issue, thanks to all who have sent PM's supporting our unfortunate situation due to an alleged lack of judgement by one individual.

The VMSL will make the right decision given the rule book which is very clear in how these items are to be ruled on. I will now stop posting on this site until such time that this issue is resolved and hope that my character and integrity are not questioned by individuals who don't know me or how I manage Estrella de Chile. pd

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suspect they will throw the book at the player, as I heard that he was caught doing this 2 years ago when signed with both Wickham and a BMSL team. Wickham were relegated that season anyway so there was no additional punishment to the team. Whether Chile are punished this year remains to be seen, but I suspect the league will be sympathetic towards them as it seems as though their management were unwittingly duped just as the league were.

PD, just want to apologize for any nights of sleep you've lost over this. When I originally posted I was just trying to stir up Inter. I really had no idea it was the same guy!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really hope that Chile does manage to stay in Div 1. Based on what I have seen, there is no way they belong in Div 2. As well, I think they are very good for the vmsl...it is nice to have another culturally based team with great fan support from their community. Personally, I would like to see them in premier some day soon. Good luck in your dealings with the league.

xxdischord

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a timeline on how long it will take to resolve this all? I see where Bombastic plays their cup final on Saturday so maybe VMSL is thinking the relegation playoff is the weekend after? I'm wondering if this match will be played before April!

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suspect they will throw the book at the player, as I heard that he was caught doing this 2 years ago when signed with both Wickham and a BMSL team. Wickham were relegated that season anyway so there was no additional punishment to the team. Whether Chile are punished this year remains to be seen, but I suspect the league will be sympathetic towards them as it seems as though their management were unwittingly duped just as the league were.

PD, just want to apologize for any nights of sleep you've lost over this. When I originally posted I was just trying to stir up Inter. I really had no idea it was the same guy!

The player in question should be banned from any league for a substantial amount of time for this nonesense. I feel for Chile as they are a decent side and probably deserve to stay in Div 1. With that being said, the league can not simply turn the other cheak on a team that pleads ignorance. If this was the case, teams would be doing this every year and claiming they had no idea that the player was illegal etc.

It is a tough situation, but both the team and player should be held liable even if the team was in dark. It is still their responsibility whether they like it or not to field a legal side each and every game.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The player in question should be banned from any league for a substantial amount of time for this nonesense. I feel for Chile as they are a decent side and probably deserve to stay in Div 1. With that being said, the league can not simply turn the other cheak on a team that pleads ignorance. If this was the case, teams would be doing this every year and claiming they had no idea that the player was illegal etc.

It is a tough situation, but both the team and player should be held liable even if the team was in dark. It is still their responsibility whether they like it or not to field a legal side each and every game.

I really don't believe that it's ignorance at all. The only reason that this even became an issue was because the player had been a top goal scorer in another league. If he hadn't been, it would have gone undetected by both leagues. It really comes down to their being a system that allows either all teams to view who is signed where (or the league registrars themselves have that ability). IF the player was signed the whole year, I think that really shows the innocence in this case, because it begs the question why would a team knowingly risk it's whole season for one player? Hope it works out for them as this is a very unfortunate situation.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So... who's going to be playing Bombastic in the relegation game??... the site has a TBA for the other team... Does this mean Chile is out? or are they still waiting for the league to make a decision??.... maybe Temple needs to get ready for that game........

xxdischord

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where on the site do you see it mention the game with TBA? What date does it say? I don't see it there, but this thing needs to be settled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0