Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwiggidy

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
so is there no relegation playoff then? i noticed there isn't one scheduled... if so, then geez, that made for a season of unnecessary anxiety...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamashco It is imprtant to make you think. With out it you would slowley stop thinking. Remember only one thing. If Azzi adds three teams to Premier League this year. It is going to be div one soccer all over again. Might as well have nothing but div one.
It is just good fun.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In make up game action. Sporting 4-2 over Sikh Temple tonight. My U-17 Burnaby Selects Metro team that I coach played for Sporting tonight as they needed to fill a team. Mark Gomes asked that we field a team as they couldn't get enough guys. We needed up using 4 of their players and the rest of ours. We got off to a 3-0 start and then they came back scoring 2 quick goals in the second. We finished off the game with another goal right before the lights went out.

Next weekend we play Cliff. We will be fielding a full young squad of guys. We will be playing on behalf of Sporting with our jerseys using all the players up with permits. Good exibition games to help us prepare for the A cup.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamascho all I said to you was. If Azzi adds three teams to premier. Where the hell will they get the players to play at that level? Teams will again lose players to shity sides. Level of soccer will fall again. All he cares about is how much more they will make a year.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamascho all I said to you was. If Azzi adds three teams to premier. Where the hell will they get the players to play at that level? Teams will again lose players to shity sides. Level of soccer will fall again. All he cares about is how much more they will make a year.

If this was figure skating .....

Mr base would have just won the gold medal for a nearly flawless performance!

well done sir
:D

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat vs. ACBC Wed 9:00 pm @ Burnaby Lake Turf. Watch as the Fraser Valley front runners try to cross the tracks. Will it end in a derailment or a locomotive lynching? :D:wa::knvb::bronco:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let 3 teams go up, just like the league mentioned it at the beginning of the year. Only one team should go down from Premier. 14 team Premier, and 14 team DIV 1 is the only fair way to go next year. This is the fallout of not having BCPL.

I disagree. The fallout of not having a BCPL is throwing the restructuring plan out the window. The only reason 3 teams were getting promoted was because there was going to be a BCPL and the premier division was going to lose 4 or 6 teams. Now that's not happening, so why in the world would we follow through with the restructuring...it was entirely contingent on the new league! It doesn't make sense. We should be reverting back to relegating 2 premier teams and promoting 2 div 1 teams, keeping the premier division at 12 next year and hopefully moving to 10 in the following season. I believe if this goes to a vote across the entire vmsl, this is exactly what will happen, as it should. If we leave it up tot he executive to decide on their own, who knows what will happen....we may inadvertently "accept" a 24 team premier division.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree. The fallout of not having a BCPL is throwing the restructuring plan out the window. The only reason 3 teams were getting promoted was because there was going to be a BCPL and the premier division was going to lose 4 or 6 teams. Now that's not happening, so why in the world would we follow through with the restructuring...it was entirely contingent on the new league! It doesn't make sense. We should be reverting back to relegating 2 premier teams and promoting 2 div 1 teams, keeping the premier division at 12 next year and hopefully moving to 10 in the following season. I believe if this goes to a vote across the entire vmsl, this is exactly what will happen, as it should. If we leave it up tot he executive to decide on their own, who knows what will happen....we may inadvertently "accept" a 24 team premier division.

Reedie, once again Ill ask you the same question that I did to Gilly... would you be in favor of relegating 2 premier teams and allowing two to come up if Peg was in that 11th or 12th spot in premier?...

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, once again Ill ask you the same question that I did to Gilly... would you be in favor of relegating 2 premier teams and allowing two to come up if Peg was in that 11th or 12th spot in premier?...

How could I ever be in favour of being relegated? Of course if I was the team in 11th spot I would fight tooth and nail to keep the restructuring plan in place...because it would help me. But I would be wrong to do so and I would also be in the vast minority. I would also be kicking myself that we didn't finish higher in the standings, which is what truly caused my dilemma.

At the end of the day, I think we need to take care of the premier division the best we can. The vast majority of premier teams (11 of 12) banded together and rejected the bcpl and if we had another vote, I'm certain 10 of 12 would vote for a 12 team premier division next season. I'm also certain that the vast majority of div 1 teams would also vote to scrap the restructurig plan, as it means many of them won't be relegated to div 2. If it goes to a league vote in this fashion at the AGM, I see no reason why this will not pass overwhelmingly.

The only issue I have is waiting until the summer to decide the fate of some teams. I think we need to sort this out ASAP and that SEEMED to be what the email from Azzi was indicating..."we are working on a new plan"...but only time will tell.

Cheers

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
at the end of season have a round robin with the bottom 2 premiers and top 3 from div 1..

decide relegation promotion that way for this year only

fair?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could I ever be in favour of being relegated? Of course if I was the team in 11th spot I would fight tooth and nail to keep the restructuring plan in place...because it would help me. But I would be wrong to do so and I would also be in the vast minority. I would also be kicking myself that we didn't finish higher in the standings, which is what truly caused my dilemma.

At the end of the day, I think we need to take care of the premier division the best we can. The vast majority of premier teams (11 of 12) banded together and rejected the bcpl and if we had another vote, I'm certain 10 of 12 would vote for a 12 team premier division next season. I'm also certain that the vast majority of div 1 teams would also vote to scrap the restructurig plan, as it means many of them won't be relegated to div 2. If it goes to a league vote in this fashion at the AGM, I see no reason why this will not pass overwhelmingly.

The only issue I have is waiting until the summer to decide the fate of some teams. I think we need to sort this out ASAP and that SEEMED to be what the email from Azzi was indicating..."we are working on a new plan"...but only time will tell.

Cheers

Reedie, I agree that it would be wrong to vote in a self-serving manner, but people will still to do it. It will be a shame if the whole restructuring gets scraped, because while it might "take care of the premier division" by providing a slightly more competitive division next year, it will also destroy what would have been the most competitive Division 1 in a decade. If you ever want to see the promoted division 1 teams being competitive in premier on a consistent basis, we need to reduce the size of div 1!! And if there's always going to be 1 or 2 uncompetitive teams promoted from div1 to premier, then how is that really taking care of the premier division?

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
you can't relegate the 11th team and not promote the winner of the playoff at the end of the year. once you set the rules you gotta keep them in place. Would our team have been more competitive if we knew we had to finish first? possibly. same goes olympics and sapperton and norvan. these teams would have been trying to get more players had they known 11th was not good enough.

polska good idea but there isn't enough time for that.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
at the end of season have a round robin with the bottom 2 premiers and top 3 from div 1..

decide relegation promotion that way for this year only

fair?

Polska, this is a great idea that will keep the premier division at 12 next year and also ensure the best teams make it. It also solves the issues that Dezza has raised above.

The problem in this case is that too much common sense would be applied. :D

I know the premier teams formed a committee to try and work with Azzi on this very issue but he did not want to work with them at all, although he is taking suggestions via phone call. Probably best if some make their calls from a blocked number. :D

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, this is a great idea that will keep the premier division at 12 next year and also ensure the best teams make it. It also solves the issues that Dezza has raised above.

The problem in this case is that too much common sense would be applied. :D

I know the premier teams formed a committee to try and work with Azzi on this very issue but he did not want to work with them at all, although he is taking suggestions via phone call. Probably best if some make their calls from a blocked number. :D

To funny

even better... i will cut letters out from a news paper (serial killer style)
and slide it under the door of head quarters....:D

signed
Mr. Base

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, remember my good friend you/we were in division one last year :D

As mentioned it would be a kick in the stones for the division one teams. 3 up and one down is the only FAIR thing given the circumstances.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, remember my good friend you/we were in division one last year :D

As mentioned it would be a kick in the stones for the division one teams. 3 up and one down is the only FAIR thing given the circumstances.

I cant agree, though u have watched/reffed more than i have capt. but do u see as it stands now any of the div 1 teams making for better competition for premier the next year? Of course their are the off season aquisitions an such and the establishment of a chemistry and strategy ...
I would like to see a match between say EX: (serb and norvan) to see where this all currently stands

No Offense to div 1 teams but its a different world up their as most of u know..

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant agree, though u have watched/reffed more than i have capt. but do u see as it stands now any of the div 1 teams making for better competition for premier the next year? Of course their are the off season aquisitions an such and the establishment of a chemistry and strategy ...
I would like to see a match between say EX: (serb and norvan) to see where this all currently stands

No Offense to div 1 teams but its a different world up their as most of u know..

Yes it is totally different going up to premier but with a few additions you never know... look at Peg this year, they were in the top three at one point in the season and a big reason why was because they added 3-4 quality players like Nico, CJ and Mayshem. Last season we were awarded a premier spot after Surrey United and Firefighters merged a week before the season was to begin and didn't have the summer to add players to strengthen our squad but were still mid table halfway through the season but lost two very key players and didnt recover to stay in premier by 4 points. But I do like the idea of having the bottom two premier and top three div 1 teams play in a round robin playoff if the vmsl does indeed want to stick with 12 teams in premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0