Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL D2] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plain and simple that is bullshit...I know cause I'm lying in the hospital writing this.

Yes it was a lose ball and yes your player slid but as I tried to jump out of the way of the tackel your player raised his leg to my mid shin...my foot wasn't even planted and still broke in three places. If your player did go in and get the ball like you say then what was the point of rasing his leg after other then to injur?

It was a bad tackel that happenss from time to time in soccer...an inch one way or the other and all that would have happend was a really bad foul but it was smack on with my shin and now I will be spending the next 6 months wondering if its worth ever playing this game again. There is no doubt in my mind that your player went in with intent to injur otherwise his leg would have stayed on the carpet and I would be at home drinking a beer.

The person I blame the most is the ref...he was out of his league in this game letting really bad tackels go both ways and when you don't clamp down on that kind of stuff early something like this is bound to happen...again I'm sure your player didnt want to break my leg but he did intend to do some damage and for this he needs to be severly punished. There needs to be an example made that makes some people think twice before doing stupid things.

ABSOLUTELY!

For a ref to decide intent means he has to read minds. The tackler did appear to feel bad and expressed his concern.

However, your coach - needs a slap to the upside of his head. It was classless of him to be arguing with the ref 10 yards from JV as JV was shaking & shivering in pain & shock. It was bad enough the ambulance took 30 mins to arrive. He even had the nerve to plead a (poor) case to Azzi.

If nothing else, hopefully the carded player learned a lesson and it will save someone else's leg in future games.

The tackle was high, J Valentine was in the air, and the injury was instant and so was the ref's call. Guys were calling for an ambulance before J valentine hit the ground!

Speedy Recovery JV

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ABSOLUTELY!

For a ref to decide intent means he has to read minds. The tackler did appear to feel bad and expressed his concern.

However, your coach - needs a slap to the upside of his head. It was classless of him to be arguing with the ref 10 yards from JV as JV was shaking & shivering in pain & shock. It was bad enough the ambulance took 30 mins to arrive. He even had the nerve to plead a (poor) case to Azzi.

If nothing else, hopefully the carded player learned a lesson and it will save someone else's leg in future games.

The tackle was high, J Valentine was in the air, and the injury was instant and so was the ref's call. Guys were calling for an ambulance before J valentine hit the ground!

Speedy Recovery JV

Sorry when I said "your coach" I meant Desmesh's - in case that wasn't obvious.

Not sure any of that made sense...way too early to be posting on here...or too sober.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plain and simple that is bullshit...I know cause I'm lying in the hospital writing this.

Yes it was a lose ball and yes your player slid but as I tried to jump out of the way of the tackel your player raised his leg to my mid shin...my foot wasn't even planted and still broke in three places. If your player did go in and get the ball like you say then what was the point of rasing his leg after other then to injur?

It was a bad tackel that happenss from time to time in soccer...an inch one way or the other and all that would have happend was a really bad foul but it was smack on with my shin and now I will be spending the next 6 months wondering if its worth ever playing this game again. There is no doubt in my mind that your player went in with intent to injur otherwise his leg would have stayed on the carpet and I would be at home drinking a beer.

The person I blame the most is the ref...he was out of his league in this game letting really bad tackels go both ways and when you don't clamp down on that kind of stuff early something like this is bound to happen...again I'm sure your player didnt want to break my leg but he did intend to do some damage and for this he needs to be severly punished. There needs to be an example made that makes some people think twice before doing stupid things.

Once again, I feel bad that you got injured so badly. Hope your recovery goes well.

I didn't see a follow through, but if there was I appologize. I am certain again there was zero intent ( as the majority of your team acknowledged).

When you kick a ball you usually do follow through, and this motion is what caused the injury. There is no way any player can kick a ball 30 yards, wait and see the other teams player put his foot in and then decide to hit him. If he made no play for the ball, then that would have been dirty.

I do fully agree with your comments about the ref though. He was letting people hold, push, elbow...basically anything goes. At one point our players were holding and grabbing and then pushed each other and he gave out no cards. If he wanted to control the game, he should have carded them to send a message.

flaren

Nov 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our team acknowledged f&@k all. Don't be putting words in our mouths that's was a brutal foul and all our players feel the same. Best thing for you is shut ur mouth!!!!

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
akal, what a stupid series of comments. if a player gets kicked in the shin hard enough to break it in three places, it's a red card. even if it wasn't a red card your an idiot for posting your opinion of what happened. i would have loved to have seen what would have happened if the ref didn't hand out a card. stop posting about this subject.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
akal, what a stupid series of comments. if a player gets kicked in the shin hard enough to break it in three places, it's a red card. even if it wasn't a red card your an idiot for posting your opinion of what happened. i would have loved to have seen what would have happened if the ref didn't hand out a card. stop posting about this subject.

Give your head a shake. He's entitled to his opinion and has been very sympathetic to what has happened.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Excellent site have Vatreni 2-0 over Desmesh...Any report of the 45 minutes or so played yesterday?

To J. Valentine wishes of a speedy recovery.

PAC2010

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just over 50 minutes was played.
Unusual to start a game with a free kick from 25 yards out.
Scrappy and chippy is the best way to describe the game.
Ten men Desmesh FC battled as hard as they could but it was a losing battle.

Everyone from Vatreni made key contributions throughout the season.
No one put themselves before the team. Some sacrificed their health.
One goal wins were a plenty for us but in the end, made us stronger.
Up a division we go. Knowing the challenge next year will be tough.
Great team atmosphere on and off the pitch - are fans were awesome.
Hvala! (Thank you) to those fans - it made playing each game more exciting.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Excellent site have Vatreni 2-0 over Desmesh...Any report of the 45 minutes or so played yesterday?

To J. Valentine wishes of a speedy recovery.

PAC2010

Was pretty even, they scored both goals in the last few minutes when we pushed forwards. Scored one on a PK and the other on a nice chip.

Would have been much different if there wasn't a goal difference. A tie did nothing for us, and thats our fault for not finishing off Squamish. Doesn't help that Squamish didn't have their best players against HNK ( Tuesday night game for them:confused:) but in the end this result works best.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was pretty even, they scored both goals in the last few minutes when we pushed forwards. Scored one on a PK and the other on a nice chip.

Would have been much different if there wasn't a goal difference. A tie did nothing for us, and thats our fault for not finishing off Squamish. Doesn't help that Squamish didn't have their best players against HNK ( Tuesday night game for them:confused:) but in the end this result works best.

Interesting comment about our (HNK's) Squamish game. They may not have had their best squad but we (intentionally) sat out 5 regulars that game as well - yet we had one of our best showings this year. I don't know if Tuesday night was their problem or if they threw in the towel after losing against Desmesh. But all that is moot really.

The best part of our season, we never had the same 11 as I would think is typical in div 2. It truly was a team effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0