Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL D2] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard there was a brawl in the Royals game which led to the abandoning of the game........Soccer Mom?

Apparently, I was up at Hemlock all weekend. I'll get the full scoop tonight.

The whole t-town crew have gone pretty quiet. Are they still in the cup and winning the league like they said??

Quiet would be an understatement. I don't recall ever saying we would win the cup, or win the league, though we were definitely close to the latter. I haven't had much to add cuz I haven't played or even practiced since I badly sprained my ankle against Yaletown about a month and a half ago...still on the mend....:(

Disappointing way to end the season for the Royals, that's for sure.

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with the group winners decided, has anybody had a chance to see all three teams compete this season that could have an educated guess on who will win the promotion battle to Div 1?

Could have a preview this weekend as HNK and Squamish have a cup game.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen all the teams this year, but we played all three in div 2 cup two years ago.

We knocked off HNK (then called Burnaby Luchadores) 5-2... They were a skilled side, but out of shape and ran out of steam in the 2nd half, allowing us to bag a few goals. Then we went up to Squamish and beat them in pks after a 2-2 draw. What they lacked in skill they made up for in hard work. Finally we dropped a 1-nil decision to Desmesh. Desmesh were by far the most skilled and best organized team. They were very hard to break down at the back, and the game looked to be heading for a scoreless draw until our defender stupidly gave away a needless peno.

Of course the word is that the Desmesh squad has had significant turnover, and already one of their top midfielders from this year has left the country. I mean how else do you explain them losing to Muckerlomas? ;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen all the teams this year, but we played all three in div 2 cup two years ago.

We knocked off HNK (then called Burnaby Luchadores) 5-2... They were a skilled side, but out of shape and ran out of steam in the 2nd half, allowing us to bag a few goals. Then we went up to Squamish and beat them in pks after a 2-2 draw. What they lacked in skill they made up for in hard work. Finally we dropped a 1-nil decision to Desmesh. Desmesh were by far the most skilled and best organized team. They were very hard to break down at the back, and the game looked to be heading for a scoreless draw until our defender stupidly gave away a needless peno.

Of course the word is that the Desmesh squad has had significant turnover, and already one of their top midfielders from this year has left the country. I mean how else do you explain them losing to Muckerlomas? ;)

Desmesh is indeed organized and skilled but they just don't score the goals that their possession warrants. They dominated us for good stretches but only beat us 2-0. The little Japanese midfielder is excellent and that will hurt them but what really hurts them is no scoring. Final third is weak.

I will assume the Muckerlomas just hung around and defended, kept it close and made the most of their chances. Lomas are also hard working and like to bang so that can get to Desmesh as well.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will assume the Muckerlomas just hung around and defended, kept it close and made the most of their chances.

Wrong. If it wasn't for their keeper making 2-3 great saves and a couple of posts the game would have been over in regulation.

I don't know too much about HNK, but between Desmesh and Squamish (we've played both in the last 2 weeks), I'd pick Squamish. As mentioned before Squamish is organized, physical and have a few guys that can finish. Should be some entertaining soccer.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh is not the same team as they were earlier on in the year. The game against Meraloma was pretty even, with Desmesh having more high quality scoring chances. Meraloma tied the game in the 5th minute of time added (yes 5th minute) of the 2nd OT. This after the ref gave a phantom corner, which led to a flurry of corners that ultimately ended in the net ( and he conveniently ended the game right after)

They had a strong surge in the middle of the year, where they were consistently dominating their opponents. They may have had some bad luck with scoring, but teams playing against them didn't even get into their end.

They have dropped off significantly since then however. It seems they are missing different players every game, and they have lost their game in a big way.

This past weekend they played GFC, and were pinned into their own end for long stretches. GFC may have even created the better chances, with a hitting a post and making the goalie work for saves. Desmesh's goalie looked phenomenal, a giant that moves very well. This was the first time this goalie played this year, but he was their starter last season. Doesn't matter what goalie they chose to use, goaltending is strength for them for sure.

Their back line is very solid ( if they have their players). Their sweeper is the glue that keeps them together, and it is very hard to breakthrough their defence with him back there. Amazing with the ball on his feet, and perhaps equally good while defending.

However, what was once a strength is now a blackhole for them. Their center mids seem to have digressed in a big way. Perhaps they are hurt, and losing the Japanese kid hurts for sure. Their speedy side midfield didn't look like himself last game either. Perhaps the biggest key to them is their strikers. At times this year they have been very good, and then at other times non existent. If they are to have any success, they will need them to be on top of their game.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

We knocked off HNK (then called Burnaby Luchadores) 5-2... They were a skilled side, but out of shape and ran out of steam in the 2nd half, allowing us to bag a few goals. ;)

That's pretty much still us...but even more out of shape. Excuse me, my 4 course dinner followed by a box of peanut butter creme cookies and milk for dunking await.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's pretty much still us...but even more out of shape. Excuse me, my 4 course dinner followed by a box of peanut butter creme cookies and milk for dunking await.

mmmm peanut butter cream cookies! Better make it chocolate milk ;)

Do you still have the really good latino guy in centre mid?

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll let you what i think of desmesh after this sat when couldntgivea****10men depleted dpr play them. Its a nothing game though and im in goal. At least i'll get my monies worth

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm.... well it looks as though DPR handed Desmesh their first loss of the season. Desmesh not exactly finding the best time of the season to come up with some iffy performances with the looming playoff with HNK and Squamish...

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
NICE job by the league to schedule HNK 3 games in 8 days... Atleast they had the courtesy to make them play their cup final before the playoffs

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, lay off the crack. They only have 3 games to play, and the scheduling is fine. If they can't handle an extra midweek game they don't deserve to win.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, lay off the crack. They only have 3 games to play, and the scheduling is fine. If they can't handle an extra midweek game they don't deserve to win.

i fixed my post within a minute.. R u stalking me? R u in charge of the schedule? Either way Urine idiot if u think playing 3 games in eight days is acceptable:rolleyes:

The guys play all year for this and then they have to cram 3 games into an eight day period... This is fair how? I'm sure Vaterni will come out of their cup finaal game with out a scratch against meraloma....

why was the cup game not played this past weekend?

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i fixed my post within a minute.. R u stalking me? R u in charge of the schedule? Either way Urine idiot if u think playing 3 games in eight days is acceptable:rolleyes:

The guys play all year for this and then they have to cram 3 games into an eight day period... This is fair how? I'm sure Vaterni will come out of their cup finaal game with out a scratch against meraloma....

why was the cup game not played this past weekend?

I'd rather play 3 games in 8 days then go up to Squamish for a 12 o clock start

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think its gonna be a close game Sat. i wanted to go see the game but i dunno if i wanna make the drive up to Squamish. Both teams are good up front, but Desmesh has been lacking goals lately. however i think Desmesh has gotta better Def. due to the statistics. I think since they dont have their playmaker it might hurt them. but as long as they keep squamish off the board they have a good chance.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think its gonna be a close game Sat. i wanted to go see the game but i dunno if i wanna make the drive up to Squamish. Both teams are good up front, but Desmesh has been lacking goals lately. however i think Desmesh has gotta better Def. due to the statistics. I think since they dont have their playmaker it might hurt them. but as long as they keep squamish off the board they have a good chance.

You state the obvious without commiting. How about: Whoever scores the most goals will win the game. I think it will be Squamish or Desmesh in this nailbiter.:wa:

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict a 2-0 Squamish win over Desmesh today and that they will also win later in the week against HNK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0