Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL D2] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish has now lost to both other group winners. Granted they played HNK without their only good player ( literally). Not sure how Shaheen lost out to them in 2A.

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh figured out quickly that Squamish's sweeper didn't know how to play the long-ball. Misread several in a span of 5 minutes that led to all 3 goals.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? It says 1-0 defeat for WV (with protest) on the website. Shaheen went out to Sarajevo in the round of 16.

That was the game score 5-2 Westvan played a player who sat out a 2 game
suspension but could not pick up his a card in in time due to a funeral.
As you can not play a game with out your card or a letter from mr Azzi.
they lost on a appeal by Shaheen . IMO WESTVAN WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE CUP

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the game score 5-2 Westvan played a player who sat out a 2 game
suspension but could not pick up his a card in in time due to a funeral.
As you can not play a game with out your card or a letter from mr Azzi.
they lost on a appeal by Shaheen . IMO WESTVAN WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE CUP

You also thought UBC wouldn't lose a league game all year and would be amongst the final 3 playing for promotion...just saying...

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You also thought UBC wouldn't lose a league game all year and would be amongst the final 3 playing for promotion...just saying...

We played UBC in a labour day tournament that team was very good ,i guess
they did not sign all those players.

___1

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had a friend watching the game so I can only say from what I heard but apparently the ref lost control of the game before half time and eventually a desmesh player went in on a brutal tackle and broke a Vatreni players leg. The ambulance came and the game was on hold. Needless to say, the guy got a red card for it. I'm now planning to go watch the game this weekend myself.

I assume Mr. Base went to watch it? Is that correct?

flaren

Nov 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are bang on. A malicious tackle which resulted in a broken leg. Pretty brutal is the fact the coach was trying to say it didn't deserve a red card. And what was even more brutal is how there coach came up to us before and said take it easy on my young kids they are only 16 17 years old. With stupid tackles like thatthe kid shouldn't be allowed to play again. Guys got families and work to go to the following day. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are bang on. A malicious tackle which resulted in a broken leg. Pretty brutal is the fact the coach was trying to say it didn't deserve a red card. And what was even more brutal is how there coach came up to us before and said take it easy on my young kids they are only 16 17 years old. With stupid tackles like thatthe kid shouldn't be allowed to play again. Guys got families and work to go to the following day. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Usually the Desmesh players' moms start yelling at the opposing team and the ref if the opposing players go in too hard on their sons. I remember last year the one guy's mom was yelling at me that we were playing soccer and not rugby before pleading with the ref to do something after what she perceived as a rough challenge for the ball.

Are they gonna play the game from where it was left off or are they going to have you play a full 90?

Sounds like it should be a game worth checking out on the weekend. I hope HNK wins it.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I understand you feel bad for what happened, and I'm pretty sure everyone at the field that day did. I've watched my brother break his leg in a game, and have broken several bones myself ( especially from hockey). It's never a good thing to see.

But I'm not sure what you saw from the tackle, or where you were on the field. The ref didn't even call a foul on the play, and only stopped the game when the player went down with injury.

According to the ref, there was zero intent and our player made full contact with the ball ( makes sense why it was kicked 30 yards).

The only reason he called a red on it was he said our players leg was extended after he slid. Not exactly sure what that means, but that was his reasoning. Hard to say its studs up when the guy kicked the ball that far, but he did extend his leg after kicking and thats where he contacted your player. It was a loose ball, that our player slid to and unfortunately, your guy came a bit late.

Call it a red if you feel bad for the injured player. Thats fine, but calling it malicious is going a bit far. He didn't go through your player, he didn't tackle him at the knees, he played the ball fully, and everyone knew there was zero intent.

J Valentine

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plain and simple that is bullshit...I know cause I'm lying in the hospital writing this.

Yes it was a lose ball and yes your player slid but as I tried to jump out of the way of the tackel your player raised his leg to my mid shin...my foot wasn't even planted and still broke in three places. If your player did go in and get the ball like you say then what was the point of rasing his leg after other then to injur?

It was a bad tackel that happenss from time to time in soccer...an inch one way or the other and all that would have happend was a really bad foul but it was smack on with my shin and now I will be spending the next 6 months wondering if its worth ever playing this game again. There is no doubt in my mind that your player went in with intent to injur otherwise his leg would have stayed on the carpet and I would be at home drinking a beer.

The person I blame the most is the ref...he was out of his league in this game letting really bad tackels go both ways and when you don't clamp down on that kind of stuff early something like this is bound to happen...again I'm sure your player didnt want to break my leg but he did intend to do some damage and for this he needs to be severly punished. There needs to be an example made that makes some people think twice before doing stupid things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0