Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] November 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

They don't have to wish! They will make it up to Premier on thier own merits...unlike some teams. And, once they move up, they won't be back. They haven't learned how to muck out a win...they'll learn and then they'll win promotion.

Promotion appears to be a distant memory after two tough losses. They are a good side, there is no doubting their skill. However, there is something to be said about sh*tting the proverbial bed so many times. If they have not learned how to muck out a win now, I do not see them learning unless they add some experience.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Green Devils 1 Akal 1

Looks like Division 1 is settled and it's mid-November.

Indo has a 8 point lead on Akal with 7 games left.
Sapperton has a 4 point lead on Hurricanes with 7 games left.

Congratulations to both teams for getting promoted the year after the got relegated. I guess there is a bigger gap than everyone thinks between division 1 and premier in the VMSL.

Good luck next year. Please avoid relegation.

Gilly

10zidane

anyone check out the cliff game this week... some absolute leeeddgggee scored a hat trick... how fast is that guy?...theres somethin about him...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Green Devils 1 Akal 1

Looks like Division 1 is settled and it's mid-November.

Indo has a 8 point lead on Akal with 7 games left.
Sapperton has a 4 point lead on Hurricanes with 7 games left.

Congratulations to both teams for getting promoted the year after the got relegated. I guess there is a bigger gap than everyone thinks between division 1 and premier in the VMSL.

Good luck next year. Please avoid relegation.

Gilly

A little early yet, Gilly. There are still 21 points up for grabs for every team so it's far from over.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

A little early yet, Gilly. There are still 21 points up for grabs for every team so it's far from over.

That's right, teams aren't gonna roll over, they are going to want to come out and play you guys.

BTW it looks like your win over the Olympics really crushed them as they have 3 ties and 2 losses since then.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shamrock,

Indo needs 14/21 points to clinch promotion. They have not lost a game this year, and haven't even come close to a tie......as Vince Carter once said "it's over".

You're telling me Indo will lose 3 of it's next 7 games....no chance. I predict that you will clinch promotion before the Christmas break. What a New Year's party that will be!!!

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shamrock,

Indo needs 14/21 points to clinch promotion. They have not lost a game this year, and haven't even come close to a tie......as Vince Carter once said "it's over".

You're telling me Indo will lose 3 of it's next 7 games....no chance. I predict that you will clinch promotion before the Christmas break. What a New Year's party that will be!!!

Gilly

Gilly, remember that it is ICST Pegasus. :)

The only way it could be clinched before Christmas would be if Akal drops two points in their next two games and ICST Pegasus wins both games and then beats Akal on December 4th. This is assuming of course that every game is played. Akal has Bombastic and the Fury in their next two games while ICST Peg has the Fury and Westside Rino.

Sugs

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

well done Surrey FC 2-1 over Romania

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, both Div 1 sides are already decided. The only interesting thing in DIV 1 will be which four teams go down. (relegation battle)

That brings me to a new point. With 20 teams, DIV 1 needs to move in same direction as Premier did this year. Basically, put the best 10 teams in DIV 1A, and the rest in DIV 1B. Top 2 teams in DIV 1A move onto Premier, while the bottom two move to DIV 1B. 2 Premier teams go down to DIV 1A.
Top 2 teams in DIV 1B move to DIV1A, while the bottom three in DIV 1B move down to DIV 2 (where there is three divisions).
This way good teams like Sapp, Punjab, Peg, Lobbans, and so on will be playing each week against solid competion, and not against teams which they beat with their second squad by scores of 6:0, 7:2, and so on. I believe this would improve overall play, plus the teams moving to Premier from DIV 1A will be ready to complete every week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, both Div 1 sides are already decided. The only interesting thing in DIV 1 will be which four teams go down. (relegation battle)

That brings me to a new point. With 20 teams, DIV 1 needs to move in same direction as Premier did this year. Basically, put the best 10 teams in DIV 1A, and the rest in DIV 1B. Top 2 teams in DIV 1A move onto Premier, while the bottom two move to DIV 1B. 2 Premier teams go down to DIV 1A.
Top 2 teams in DIV 1B move to DIV1A, while the bottom three in DIV 1B move down to DIV 2 (where there is three divisions).
This way good teams like Sapp, Punjab, Peg, Lobbans, and so on will be playing each week against solid competion, and not against teams which they beat with their second squad by scores of 6:0, 7:2, and so on. I believe this would improve overall play, plus the teams moving to Premier from DIV 1A will be ready to complete every week.

Which 4 teams go down? :confused: Surely there are only 3 teams going down, since there are 3 division 2 groupings? :confused:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes there are only 3 going down.

The 3 teams will be:

10th place Div 1A
10th place Div 1B
Relegation Playoff loser - 9th place Div 1A vs. 9th place Div 1B

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

RCIU 1 Primo 0

Primo is having a hard time. Between injuries and a suspension, we are down 6 starters. RCIU has a kid named Reynolds who plays well and congrats to them for the win. We didn't muster much in the way of offense. On to Surrey...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Primo is having a hard time. Between injuries and a suspension, we are down 6 starters. RCIU has a kid named Reynolds who plays well and congrats to them for the win. We didn't muster much in the way of offense. On to Surrey...

I caught the second half, Berga and it did look like you guys were struggling to get much going offensively. It was a scrappy second half overall but we will definitely take the points. It's very tight now with 5 teams within the dreaded drop zone.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Robino,

Good idea to stick the better teams in one division. It would give teams like Peg, Sapp, and Lobbans a better challenge. Unfortunately though it's always a crap shoot to see which teams are gonna field the best team each year. Nobody thought Lobbans would field the team they have! It wouldn't be fair for a team with a bad record one year who goes out and scouts some new talent and improves their team, to be lumped into a pool of lesser talent. It wouldn't be a true representation of Div 1 talent.
I also think that the two teams in Premier now who were in Div 1 last year are representing themselves well. RCIU and Serbia are doing well for first year clubs and putting up a good fight each week.
Just my 2 cents.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Devo, it's actually quite easy. Simply take best 8 teams (points wise at the end of the season - OR take 4 top DIVA and 4 DIVB) combine them with two Premier teams that will come down and you have top 10 teams. You put them in DIV 1A, while the rest you put in DIV 1B.

I just think this would improve the game, plus make the games more interesting. Who wants to go out and watch Sapp or Peg play against teams you know they will beat by 5 to 6 goals...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Boys what the heck is going on with Rino West side this year. They are sliding down the scale very fast. Coach let us know, what is the trouble. Is that still Rinos side or is it a west side club. Rino is a legend. We do't want him to end up in div two. club becomes worthless.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think it's cause they're a westside club......

Just stirrin' the pot!

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Didnt they bring Aya-Bonte to play keeper for this year and sign sone college players also who played this weekend???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0