Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gn and akal defaulting games. They both deserve to go to div2 . Any chance they will be deducted points and give teams like gastown and campo a chance to stay up?

Well GN are already bottom so tough for them to go down any farther...

As for Akal they're only 3pts safe with 3 games to play so the carrot is clearly there for teams like Campo and GFC. Plus Akal only defaulted their cup game I believe. I'll go out on a limb and say that they probably meant to not enter at all to begin with.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen 0-1 GFC

That rarest of things, a GFC clean sheet... Cracking game for us in North Van today where we were the better team from start to finish. Apart from a 10 minute period in the first half and the last 15 as Shaheen threw the kitchen sink at us, we never felt in danger - despite our penchant for collapsing and conceding late goals! We passed the ball well, pressed well and defended stoically, unfortunately we finished very poorly. Shaheen were good competition and good blokes, their captain (slightly older lad, #22 i think) is consistently one of the calm, respectful and level-headed players that I have ever played against. Lovely stuff.

Farshad in the Shaheen goal made at least 3 top quality stops to deny us from one-on-one chances. He got a bit lucky when a rebound was bundled in, but the ref thought he had recovered the ball back into his grasp, so blew for the challenge. Luckily it didn't matter, we scored from a well-worked move and a nicely taken finish. Fingers crossed we can get one more win and put pressure and Akal to get points from their remaining games. They seem to have the easier run-in, but GFC are hoping for the best.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve McQueen would have been proud. 2-0 to Gastown. Good game, evenly matched. More in depth report to come... I'm at the pub.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
It rained goals at Andy Livi on Friday night. 10 goals evenly split, with 5 in each half. Hard to really know what to make of it, as it was such a helter-skelter game. Rinos seemed to have the better of the first half possession, but didn't really carve us open - their first two goals coming from corners (putting them 2-0 up), the third from a penalty that just wasn't (3-1). The ref told me that although I got the ball, I went in too aggressively (pretty annoying for a keeper to hear that). Agree to disagree. It looked like we were going to struggle as we weren't holding the ball well enough, however we did put together 3 or 4 slick moves, scoring from two of them with sumptuous finishing. 3-2 at half-time.

Kinda expected the second half to chill out a bit, and it did for a while. We controlled the ball a lot better than in the first half and looked like we might be able to get something. Unfortunately, as has been the case all season, we just seem to ship goals....must be the keeper! ahem. 4th Rinos goal was a cracking strike. Free-kick cross was well cleared, but twatted straight back along the floor into the bottom corner from 25 yards. Didn't see it until too late, but it was an absolutely blistering strike. Another attacking free-kick for Rinos was floated into the box, I dropped it like a muppet, their new Langara big man up top bundled it in to an empty net. Shouts of handball (mostly from me), but probably would have been harsh to rule it out. 5-2 the score.

GFC then went 3 at the back and just completely went for it. Scored from a thraiker of a direct free-kick into the top corner. Rinos GK positioned his wall and himself v badly, but still a wonderstrike. With 5 mins left, the most rare of sightings, an Owen Parrott goal! Well-worked, and finished brilliantly through the legs of the keeper. Then with a minute to go in injury time, and inswinging corner to the back post was nodded in. Cue delirium.

Not really sure what it means for us in terms of survival. I guess it means Akal would need one more draw to stay up. Fingers crossed @Stringer et al. can get a result in Currybowl II. Campo not out of it either, but I can't remember who they have to play...

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes , how did you let in 7 goals ? Was the question....
Next question is.... Why do you play. With the net befor kickoff? This is a big no no ? Possibly even a caution or a red card ....:pigeon::singing:
No comment it could only incriminate me more. I will be at the discipline hearing on Thursday to confess to my net touching, I just hope they go lenient on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0