Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i HEAR A RUMUR that campo has a game against WFC2 at b.c. place coming up ? anyone shed some light on this news ? 1st metro-ford now whitecaps......these guys mean business,..

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Tigers and I hope the celebrations are in full revelry at the moment!

Realistically Campo will drop a point or you will pick one up before the end of the season, so a playoff is incredibly unlikely...it's job done.

Rino's promoted to Premier for the first time in the club's long history. Full value and fully deserved. Well done to the players, coaches and management!
Yes, I would like to join my congratulations to the Blaise, the Tigers players and Prince Alwali for the deserved promotion. It was always a pleasure to play against them or watch them play. Best of luck on Premier.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 - Campo Atletico 2
or 10 Campo heroic players defeat and subdue future Norvan Premier
or God sided with Campo and granted a few miracles during this game

For thousands of years, humans have debated incessantly the existence of God. After all the technological advances and knowledge accumulated, we have not been able to settled this debate. We are as unsure as the first homo sapiens that roamed through the earth.
Are we the creation of God or is God himself our creation?
Would you want to see God if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like heaven and in Jesus and the saints and all the prophets?

For those who are believers, then new questions arise. Which side does God take on a soccer game? In some lands, it is argued that God takes one side on the first half and the other side on the second half.
Then, which side God takes first? Well on this game, it was clear that God took only the side of the underdogs and the ones who showed more heart, determination, bravery, heroism, and above all faith.

Adversity plagued our team days before the game. The league mixed up the dates of a suspension and it was carried out to this week. Another player was given a third unjust card for protesting the ghost goal last week. This meant that two key players would not be in the pitch. Then two more fell to illness and injury. To complicate the matter more, three players had to attend Church. We requested to them to pray for Campo. We were down to 10 players and only 9 of them in full form. One not fully recovered came more for moral support and appearance.

As you will see, the prayers did affect the game in matters that defy logic and normality.

To be fair, this is the first time that I saw the Campo players show some sign of apprehension and doubt. We were facing a team that pretty much has clinched a promotion spot. We had 10 players and one of them not touching the ball for months. To make things worse, we had to move things around to face Norvan. We had observed them for many games, so we understood how they would attack. In summary, one forward ended up as central defender and another forward had to play with as fullback.

To even make more challenging we had to arrange players according to their mother tongue. A few do not speak English. Thus, we had to group the Italians and the Spanish speaking on their own sides.

Perhaps at the time, they thought that I was showing cursory confidence, but I truly felt on that moment and felt it very much that Campo could defeat Norvan. Perhaps it was the prayers from those in Church.

One of the players told me that he had a dream the night before of saving the ball on line against Novan. I told him that this was a sign that God wanted us to win today.

Norvan entered the field as usual. Full of arrogance and confidence. You could tell that they felt that the game was a foregone conclusion.
And indeed, they bombarded the back line and mounted a fierce assault that would have had most teams knocked out.

Campo players with dignity and bravery resisted and repelled the attacks. Until, a weakly conceded free kick gave them a goal with a header. They were static and celebrated with enthusiasm.

The referee was excellent. Perhaps the best referee that we ever had after Michelle Pie. He gave them a penalty from a handball. Perhaps a bit excessive, but he explained his logic (the hand out of normal position). Everything seemed pointing for a trashing from Norvan.
Then, the inexplicable started to happen.
A perfectly placed penalty by one of the best players in the division got brilliantly saved by our keeper. He flew like an angel and managed to deflect the ball by the post.

A brilliant save. The entire team went to surround and hug the keeper for such a terrific save.

This motivated our team. With stoicism they defended and pretty much shot down Norvan from any clear shot on the net.
They tackled and ran like madmen, and their legs started to give up from such extraordinary effort.

However, despite the few attacks that we could generate with 9 players. Every single of them seem dangerous. One of them went by the post and another hit the post and with agony rolled through the line until their defender cleared it. Finally the equalizer game on a corner kick.

This goal greatly upset Norvan who everything at Campo. I lost count of how many time our defenders saved the ball on the line in very unconventional ways. One time, all of the Norvan players started to celebrate a perfectly placed shot to the angle. Our defender dissappeared from sight, only to later emerge flying to barely head the ball and then post. He is not tall but he elevated himself to almost the crossbar.
To this time, we do not know how he did it. He himself is not sure how he did it. He just saw the ball coming and told himself no way this is a goal.

At one time there were so many bounces from Norvan headers and our goalie was surrounded by Norvan players that he had no choice but send the ball away like in volleyball game over the net. For a moment, we thought that he went crazy and was trying to score, but he said I had no choice all of them were coming for the ball and if I drop it is a sure goal.

With five minutes to go, the unthinkable happens. Norvan pushed hard and left a huge space on the back. Our Irish central back sees the space and pins the ball perfectly to our lonely forward who executes perfectly and puts the ball in the back of the net.

A well deserved goal.

The last 10 minutes (5 + 5 of extra time) seemed like an eternity for our players. Our players start to cramp. We have are left with 9 players on the pitch meanwhile trying to frantically treat leg cramps for our player. It seem that it will be impossible to defend. One of the CAT players arrives from their game (yes they played with 7 players because of the double booking of the league). This gives us a life line of support.

The final whistle is heard. Norvan players walk away with their heads down. Angry at each other. Full of doubt as they could not defeat a depleted Campo team. Our players are the ground. Happy, some not even able to walk.

By fat the most meaningful game for us. We could have lost all games, but defeating Norvan makes it worth it given their long history of putting down our players, our ideas of the game, and our praise for the unorthodox and our value of multiculturalism and diversity.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Semis with no impact on the Div 1. schedule, as we have a full slate of games for one of, if not the last, weekends this season coming down the stretch.

GN Sporting v Campo
Campo are resurgent; GN are not. The promotion charge is well and truly on for Campo and after an away win on the North Shore and they now trek out to Surrey. GN have all but called it a season and appear to be, for all intents and purposes, just waiting for Metropolitan to lose enough games to end the relegation race on their own. It's been a good return season for GN, but it would seem that the players are on to the off season, especially on a rainy Friday St. Patrick's day! The previous encounter was close, but I would expect Campo to cruise in this one.

Binger's Army v Rino's Fury
Two good Div. 1 squads battling it out in this one. It's an end of season meaningless game, but these two teams are classy bunches of guys and are always interested in bragging rights and pride. Technically either team could win out and mathematically get into the second promotion spot, but realistically these two know that they will meet again in a pair of encounters next season. Their first encounter was a draw and I'm tempted to say this one will follow a similar script.

Rino's Vancouver v CCB Guildford
CCB won "away" to GN last time out and finally found some goals, netting six and scoring more than a lone tally for the first time since Halloween. That win kept them in the promotion hunt, but I think, like last season, the belief is out of the team again this season. A Saturday evening trip to Vancouver likely to be a burden more than an opportunity and after losses to Bingers and the Fury at home I like Rino's, who are similarly positioned in the table, chances of taking all three points at PG.

NorVan v Romania
Match of the Week here as NorVan need to get back on track to keep their edge in the promotion hunt. A home date against bottom half Romania would seem the perfect tonic, but Romania were winners in the reverse fixture back in November. That loss actually sparked NorVan into a great run of form with them not losing, outside of the cup, until this past weekend when, as mentioned, Campo pulled a smash and grab. It will be a real test of mental resolve for the North Shore lads to remember that they are still very much in control of their own destiny and need to just throw the Campo performance in the bin and get on with things. Romania, have been in less that inspiring form and, like GN, they too seem to be just waiting for Metropolitan to run out of track in their survival bid. The Romania did complete the double over Rino's Fury last weekend and that cushion has given them enough to be all but assured of survival. They have much more winnable games on the horizon (including a head to head with Students) if it were to become necessary for them to pull away from the relegation zone, so I doubt that they will be too motivated in this one. I have to think NorVan finds its winning form again.

Metropolitan v Rino's Tigers
Tigers need one point to mathematically confirm promotion and 5 points to mathematically win the league. Surely a trip to bottom of the table Metropolitan will yield a good return this weekend. Students were desperate for something out of their game against Bingers last weekend, but came away with nothing. It's not mathematically over, but I have to think Metro can see the writing on the wall. No doubt they will give it one last "college" try, but I'm confident Tigers will be too much for them.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru Nanak 0 - Campo Atletico 1
or playing at night is always magical
or rivalries make good soccer games

A soccer game engulfed amidst the shadows of the night is always magical. Perhaps it is the contrast of the brightness of the lights against the darkness of the sky and the surroundings.

It was a beautiful night for the practice of our beloved game. Every time we play GN, we find them doing their warm up ritual. This time this was not the case. They were not in sight. To the point that we thought that we were in the wrong field. We inquire around and found Premier teams.

Perhaps, @Canucks4Ever was correct this time and they have giving up resistance. Eventually, they appeared from the shadows. Many of them. They did not look like a team that has given up. On the contrary, they seemed quite determined. Perhaps their coaches had a long motivational talk with them.

I have never found the games with GN an easy affair. They move the ball well from side to side, their counterattacks can be quick and their headers are difficult to contain.

We started the game with more possession and more chances. However, they did not end up in the back of the net. Their keeper saved a very difficult long shot. I did not had a good feeling. They created two very dangerous corner kicks. One of them was saved on the line by our central defender after the ball went above the keeper. Almost an "olympic" goa. In the second chance their very tall forward emerged above everyone else and perfectly headed the ball. Unfortunately for him, our keeper moved to the exact position where the ball was headed. Perhaps premonition.

So many chances and not one in the back of the game brought memories of so many games during the season where despite playing better the final result does not reflect it.

There were five minutes to the end of the half, and finally, when least expected, after a series of rebounds that with luck ended in our favour, our forward finally found the net with a nice volley.

GN did not got deflated. To give them credit, they pushed us back. We were forced to defend for most of the game. We created some chances, but they also had good ones. Our defenders and goalkeeper did well.

Referee had an excellent game. He rightly gave them two very difficult and dangerous free kicks. They were close to score. One went by the post.

It was starting to feel like an eternity, but we slowed down the game well in the last two minutes. Finally, the whistle blew with great relief for our side.

A good win, but it could have been easily a tie or even a win for them.
I did notice that this time GN did not play as "angry" as before. They did well. Not an easy opponent.
This season has been tough. There is not a single easy team. We have played Metropolitdan and GN and to be honest those were very (very) close calls. They are good teams.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one posted when we won last night either...

Why do you keep saying you're leaving the site, but show up posting again 2-3 days later?
Not posting when losing does not mean always posting when winning. Though you tend to post when your teams win, but keep very quiet when losing.

As for the other issue, why then some of you say do not quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0