Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So added side benefit of the new VMSL website... we have a golden boot race!

Looks like Div 1 is all updated except for the 2 Guildford goals against Romania (unless they were both own goals...)

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal with another forfeit last night. They had some guys show up 1min before kickoff, no jerseys and no id's. Ref went to the changeroom to talk to their coach, he called Azzi and he said "let them play, make a team list and have them produce picture ID". They only had 6 guys. What a joke.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo 2-0 Guildford

71778363.jpg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any details on the Rinos Saudi Tigers game of this weekend?
Since there are no reports from the Rino's camp, I will provide a brief one.

Rino's Fury 2 - Norvan Lions 0
On a rainy afternoon, two teams coming from opposite division met. Rinos Fury won division 2b last year, and Norvan finished on 11th place in Premier. On paper, Norvan should be stronger. However, I observed a completely different story. The Fury was all over Norvan. They were winning by one goal when I arrived, and I saw their striker hitting the post in what should have been a deserved 2-0.
The second half started, and I could not believe what my eyes were seeing. A former division 2 team had essentially in corral a former Premier team. Norvan simply could not have a successful build up. Towards the end, the Fury started to tire, and in the counter they scored a goal. A bit of a comedy of errors as the striker shot into the goalie, whom for some reason punched the ball towards the forward, who again kicked the ball into the net.
Norvan could have discounted to make it 2-1 as they literally missed an open net after the ball bouncing all over in a corner kick. However, the Fury could have made it 3-0, but errors in the linesman prevented this.

Kevin was the referee. As usual, he was very dependable and controlled the game. The linesmen did well, except for the two missed offside calls. No doubt the Fury attacker would have scored on one of them.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few comments related to the VMSL division alignment given the recent results:

1) The results seem to indicate that the disparity between all three divisions is not as great as in the past. Perhaps Norvan was missing players, or perhaps the new coach is having problems making Norvan work well. The Fury really dominated that game with ease. Not completely the same situation, but Campo (from division 2) was able to get a positive result from CCB Guildford a team who last year almost made it to Premier (they missed promotion by one point).

Perhaps it was a game off for Norvan Lions, but if this is a true indication of the level. Then, in my opinion, the Norvan of @Phil lennox and coach @gunners which is in Division 2 is a good as the one in Division 1.

2) As for the composition of the table. Rinos must be doing something well because two teams have perfect scores with 4 wins out of 4 games. Depending on a pending result; Rinos teams might even be in 1st, 2nd, and 4th place. {yes I try to point out the good too}.

If this continues, then we might run into the situation of what happens if two teams from Rinos get in first and second place. What the rules say about it? Only one moves up? the two move up but forced to separate (which seems unfair)? Can they sell their spot to the highest bidder?

Are Rinos coaches communicating with each other after each game? Is this something that is in the true spirit of fair competition?

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few comments related to the VMSL division alignment given the recent results:

1) The results seem to indicate that the disparity between all three divisions is not as great as in the past. Perhaps Norvan was missing players, or perhaps the new coach is having problems making Norvan work well. The Fury really dominated that game with ease. Not completely the same situation, but Campo (from division 2) was able to get a positive result from CCB Guildford a team who last year almost made it to Premier (they missed promotion by one point).

Perhaps it was a game off for Norvan Lions, but if this is a true indication of the level. Then, in my opinion, the Norvan of @Phil lennox and coach @gunners which is in Division 2 is a good as the one in Division 1.

2) As for the composition of the table. Rinos must be doing something well because two teams have perfect scores with 4 wins out of 4 games. Depending on a pending result; Rinos teams might even be in 1st, 2nd, and 4th place. {yes I try to point out the good too}.

If this continues, then we might run into the situation of what happens if two teams from Rinos get in first and second place. What the rules say about it? Only one moves up? the two move up but forced to separate (which seems unfair)? Can they sell their spot to the highest bidder?

Are Rinos coaches communicating with each other after each game? Is this something that is in the true spirit of fair competition?

Soccer coach, your a dink.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, immediately after the Rino's Fury match today I called the Rino's Vancouver coaches to warn them. At our game today at Sutherland School a very creepy looking man was hiding in the shadows for most of the 2nd half. He was pretending to be out for a walk with his dog, except I am quite certain he lives in East Vancouver, and there's no way he walked across the 2nd Narrows Bridge and hiked up to Lynn Valley. I believe the term for this behaviour is "stalking". I wanted to let them know to be vigilante at their match this evening at University Hill School as he may show up there. I don't believe school grounds are the correct place for this kind of nefarious behaviour. After the match I saw this van speeding away, but I couldn't catch it's license plate.

691505.jpg

I hope everyone in the VMSL is very careful and let their players know to be on the look out for this creepy guy because I'm sure he's up to no good.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, immediately after the Rino's Fury match today I called the Rino's Vancouver coaches to warn them. At our game today at Sutherland School a very creepy looking man was hiding in the shadows for most of the 2nd half. He was pretending to be out for a walk with his dog, except I am quite certain he lives in East Vancouver, and there's no way he walked across the 2nd Narrows Bridge and hiked up to Lynn Valley. I believe the term for this behaviour is "stalking". I wanted to let them know to be vigilante at their match this evening at University Hill School as he may show up there. I don't believe school grounds are the correct place for this kind of nefarious behaviour. After the match I saw this van speeding away, but I couldn't catch it's license plate.

691505.jpg

I hope everyone in the VMSL is very careful and let their players know to be on the look out for this creepy guy because I'm sure he's up to no good.
Yes, of course, I am up to no good. This is how we manage to clock you a goal in 10 seconds in the Final. Do you remember?
I was going to watch your game in University Hill, but it started to rain. Looking forward to seeing you next week. Next time that I am watching a game feel free to come by and say hello.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, of course, I am up to no good. This is how we manage to clock you a goal in 10 seconds in the Final. Do you remember?
I was going to watch your game in University Hill, but it started to rain. Looking forward to seeing you next week. Next time that I am watching a game feel free to come by and say hello.

The Question is did your dog poop on the Northvan field like last season

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see that you are trying to divert the issues.
Rinos Vancouver 3 Metropolitan 2.

Another win to Rinos.
Team GP W D L GF GA GD PTS
Binger's Army 2 2 0 0 6 0 6 6
Rino's Tigers 2 2 0 0 7 2 5 6
Rino's Fury A 2 2 0 0 5 2 3 6
Rino's Vanc SC 2 1 1 0 7 6 1 4
Campo Atletico A 2 1 0 1 4 3 1 3

Great start guys! Well done for you! Perhaps not many realize the big advantage that you have by having three teams in the same division colluding with each other, but the results are starting to show it.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity, how are you going to manage the games between your teams? Are the coaches and managers are going to be back and forth between the benches? Same pre-game speeches between locker rooms? Pretending to do the line ups and player selections impartially when knowing that you have inside information about the other team? I will certainly will be there as I do not want to miss the pantomime of competition that this is becoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0