Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
What made you decide to stop posting on TTP for awhile?

Just so we know what it takes to get you out of here
You know. If there would be more activity, like match reports, discussions of relevant topics to the league, then I would not post. However, we avoid discussing the elephant on the room, and then it seems as a shock when things happen. Not losing in six games, and possibly even winning all six is not coincidence (as the league might award them the six game as it is under protest) is not coincidence. The collusion starts when the three teams have the same management and put the same add and then decide on were the players are going to be playing.

It is like if GN, Akal, and CCB decide to collude and put collective adds, try outs, same training facilities, and then decide to arrange their teams in the best possible way. Of course they would get and edge and do better than a team/club working independently. This is the way that honest and fair competition is. Not three teams joining forces. But everyone decided to turn a blind eye for convenience. It is simply unusual to have a club with three teams with virtually 6 wins in 6 games unless they are working together and sharing resources.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know. If there would be more activity, like match reports, discussions of relevant topics to the league, then I would not post. However, we avoid discussing the elephant on the room, and then it seems as a shock when things happen. Not losing in six games, and possibly even winning all six is not coincidence (as the league might award them the six game as it is under protest) is not coincidence. The collusion starts when the three teams have the same management and put the same add and then decide on were the players are going to be playing.

It is like if GN, Akal, and CCB decide to collude and put collective adds, try outs, same training facilities, and then decide to arrange their teams in the best possible way. Of course they would get and edge and do better than a team/club working independently. This is the way that honest and fair competition is. Not three teams joining forces. But everyone decided to turn a blind eye for convenience. It is simply unusual to have a club with three teams with virtually 6 wins in 6 games unless they are working together and sharing resources.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cool story bro.

So, what do we have to do to get you out of here AGAIN?

Why do we need to write match reports for you to leave? How does that make sense to you? No one gives a flying fcuk about your stupid match reports anyway.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I does not matter what we say
This is not the case
My hope is all Rinos teams can win there games vs Campo paranoid coach

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE="Soccer Coach, post: 406048, member: 9585]

It is like if GN, Akal, and CCB decide to collude and put collective adds, try outs, same training facilities, and then decide to arrange their teams in the best possible way. Of course they would get and edge and do better than a team/club working independently. This is the way that honest and fair competition is. Not three teams joining forces. But everyone decided to turn a blind eye for convenience. It is simply unusual to have a club with three teams with virtually 6 wins in 6 games unless they are working together and sharing resources.[/QUOTE]

Nosedick, if you go to the Ccb website and look under home game schedule you will see both GN and Akal are affiliated with Ccb. You just can't teach stupid.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suggest we just ignore him... He's becoming like Trump, the more you talk about him, good or bad, it just fans the flames of his agenda...

In actual Div 1 chatter WTF is with Akal? Is no one running this thing? What a sh!t show... I assume they are going to fold? Worst part is it sounds like they aren't even organized enough to let the league/opposition know enough in advance that they won't be playing, as it sounds like both Bingers and GN had to show up at the field before finding out that there was no game. No doubt they now owe the league a mountain of fees that will be dodgy to collect on. NorVan or Strikers could have come up from Div 2 and they would have made a real go of things no doubt. Disgraceful.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suggest we just ignore him... He's becoming like Trump, the more you talk about him, good or bad, it just fans the flames of his agenda...

In actual Div 1 chatter WTF is with Akal? Is no one running this thing? What a sh!t show... I assume they are going to fold? Worst part is it sounds like they aren't even organized enough to let the league/opposition know enough in advance that they won't be playing, as it sounds like both Bingers and GN had to show up at the field before finding out that there was no game. No doubt they now owe the league a mountain of fees that will be dodgy to collect on. NorVan or Strikers could have come up from Div 2 and they would have made a real go of things no doubt. Disgraceful.

We were asked to postpone the game thursday and again on Friday, we said "we can't just postpone a game, it has to go through the league". We spoke with the league on Thursday and Friday to clarify the situation and the status of the game stayed the same. At the same time we were told that the same ppl that are running Pacific united in prem are running Akal. So game time comes and they are at the field, they tell us we won't have a game, 1min before kickoff they come out of the changeroom. Total load of crap in my opinion. They said they couldn't get the registration/ID's done with the league. 2 weeks into the season and this is what we are dealing with. League should kick them out and then fine campo's coach for not cleaning up after his dog. Disgraceful.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach, to take a page out of @Dude's book:

You’re an idiot.
You’re an idiot.
You’re an idiot.

What happens next season if Campo Atletico are demoted to Division 2 and Campo Libre are promoted to Division 2? How will the all righteous @Soccer Coach and the rest of the Campo staff handle the situation?
Dezza,
If what I am stating would not have merit, then you would let it go.
If the situation arises, then I would expect the league to place Campo Libre in Division 2B and Campo Atletico in Division 2A.
If there is only one division, then the appropriate situation is to do not allow promotion of Campo Libre. This effectively prevents collusion or the OPTICS of collusion which are equally important.

There is a massive amount of empirical evidence and studies that shows that competing agents or teams improve their performance when they are allowed to share information or pull resources together. The studies range from video games, to board games like chess or sports teams. They show that improvements in performance or other competitive variables can be explained from 60% under collusion.

To make an example, if Akal, CCB, and GN would be effectively colluding, they could be allocating players via managment. You have a tangible advantage by having three teams pulling resources together and using the same management structure to allocate your players optimally to those three teams.

I really can see that you guys were put in a difficult situation. To some degree, it rests on the league to have proper rules and guidelines so this situation does not repeat itself. It is very normal to try to associate in order to obtain better results. It is simply normal human behaviour.

In reality, you are controlling over 50% of the Vancouver teams in Division 1. This gives you a huge advantage when it comes to allocation of players and resources.

Perhaps we can learn from this situation. We should ask the league to put limits on the number of teams per division from the same club and/or provide guidelines when it comes to management decision making process on the field and off the field.

Identifying and breaking up cartels is an important part of competition policy in sports and other social areas.

You are doing a great job with Rinos. The club is flourishing and growing. Kudos to you and congratulations. The key is how we can let you grow without affecting the competition of the divisions.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, immediately after the Rino's Fury match today I called the Rino's Vancouver coaches to warn them. At our game today at Sutherland School a very creepy looking man was hiding in the shadows for most of the 2nd half. He was pretending to be out for a walk with his dog, except I am quite certain he lives in East Vancouver, and there's no way he walked across the 2nd Narrows Bridge and hiked up to Lynn Valley. I believe the term for this behaviour is "stalking". I wanted to let them know to be vigilante at their match this evening at University Hill School as he may show up there. I don't believe school grounds are the correct place for this kind of nefarious behaviour. After the match I saw this van speeding away, but I couldn't catch it's license plate.

691505.jpg

I hope everyone in the VMSL is very careful and let their players know to be on the look out for this creepy guy because I'm sure he's up to no good.

Speaking of dirty, old perps... how are your Raging Rhinos youth teams getting on, Dezza?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,
If what I am stating would not have merit, then you would let it go.

We did let it go. You posted about it ad nauseam in the spring/summer, along with a host of other slanderous things against us. We ignored it all. Now you continue to post about it and even show up at our games. If you can't handle the potential of giving up 18 points to Rino's this winter then I suggest you just drop your own team to Div 2 so you don't have to worry about it.

If the situation arises, then I would expect the league to place Campo Libre in Division 2B and Campo Atletico in Division 2A.
If there is only one division, then the appropriate situation is to do not allow promotion of Campo Libre.

How would preventing the best team in a division from moving up help the competition in the league? They would just beat everyone again in their division the next year. It actually ruins the lower division for everyone else.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo 2-0 Guildford

71778363.jpg
As expected, a brief report of the match.

Guildford has very good talent and there is no doubt that they are being well coached. The level of skill, fitness, and understanding of the game of their players is quite evident. I can see what people think that they are contenders for promotion. They certainly will be competing for the spot after the Tigers.

Perhaps their weakness is their effort. This is were Campo got an edge over them. We have very hard working players with lots of experience. The experience and work ethic outplayed the fitness and skill of CCB. Campo could have scored in the first 10 minutes as they seemed to be asleep.

During the second half they came really strong and to a large degree dominated possession, but it was a bit late as we hit them in the counter twice. Two one on one situations with the goalie after a good penetrating pass and a long ball left their goalie very vulnerable and easy pray for nice shots.

Campo retreated and we essentially put 10 guys behind the ball. They could have scored a goal as their forward miss in front of the net.

The referee did very well. He gave us 3 yellows and gave 3 yellows to them and one red at the end. As you can imagine, you can guess who was the referee, but no complaints. He did a good job and all the cards are deserved. The linesmen did well too. Perhaps just a couple of missed call in our side, but fortunately they did not score on us.

Their left forward is really talented. He passed by our defenders with easy. It was the collective work that stopped them.

This week a very hard game with Rinos Tigers. The best team in the division. Hope we can get a point, but a least the experience of playing with really good players and good coaching should make the experience valuable.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is something called transferring of players. Players can be transferred to one team or the team can be managed by another club. Whatever the decision having three teams under the same management is not competitive practice. Otherwise it would be allowed and encouraged in most competitive situations.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE="Blue and White Army, post: 406105, member: UOTE]
I guess some of you are too young to remember the "discrace of Gijon" or why the Olympic Commitee stopped the policy of allowing a country to have multiple soccer teams. Hirstory has shown us time after time that It is just normal for team and managers to work together to get better results.

You know at the AGM someone attempted to put the motion to have the restriction of only one team per club in each group, but there was no time or for some reason it did not go to the floor. Hopefully, it can be properly discussed next time.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know at the AGM someone attempted to put the motion to have the restriction of only one team per club in each group, but there was no time or for some reason it did not go to the floor. Hopefully, it can be properly discussed next time.

So your saying the league stopped listening to you?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another team brought the issue late. At the time. It did not affect us. Regardless, I can see that most people can not see the implications and connections but the better results this year will show for Rinos. It is an advantage for three teams to work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0