Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions & results combined this month.

Just about half way through and the tables are looking just about as expected:

Group A:
1 WFC Rangers "A" 7gp 18pts
2 Cliff Avenue United 8gp 18pts
3 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7gp 15pts
4 Serbian White Eagles 8gp 15pts
5 Club Ireland "A" 8gp 14pts
6 Wickham FC "A" 7gp 13pts
7 Shaheen SC 8gp 9pts
8 Alemania SC 7gp 2pts
9 City FC Rangers "A" 8gp 2pts
10 Royal United 6gp 1pt

Group B:
1 Sikh Temple "A" 7gp 18pts
2 Richmond United "A" 8gp 17pts
3 Lobban's SC Hellas 7gp 15pts
4 Pegasus FC 7gp 11pts
5 Sarajevo FC 7gp 10pts
6 Fiji FC 7gp 9pts
7 IFC Polonia 7gp 5pts
8 Binger's Army 6gp 4pts
9 Meraloma FC 7gp 4pts
10 City FC Blaze 7gp 4pts

Going down the stretch, aside from the battles for first in both groups, the race to the bottom between the Minger's, Lomas, and Blaze looks to be the most exciting. Hell, even Polonia has a chance to claim the prize.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All that pre-season talk of the B division being the much stronger of the 2 had quickly been proven to be a serious load.....in fact the B side reminds me of div. 2 a few years back.....discuss amongst yourselves.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like both groups can field 4 teams or so of "Div.1 Quality," and the rest is a boat load of shotty teams with some occaisional individual talent in both groups. Both groups seem watered down compared to years past!

Notcher,
Don't forget Group "A" has teams like Shaheen, City FC Rangers, Royal U, and Almania.
They must remind you of Div 2. as well.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you have troubles reading a standings chart? No, Club I are not at the top of the table like you, nor are we at the bottom like Royal Utd, we're in the middle, as per the usual.

BTW, we're only 4 points back from you. How does it feel to lose your only game so far this season to the guys from the cellar? :rolleyes:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
maze said:
It looks like both groups can field 4 teams or so of "Div.1 Quality," and the rest is a boat load of shotty teams with some occaisional individual talent in both groups. Both groups seem watered down compared to years past!

Notcher,
Don't forget Group "A" has teams like Shaheen, City FC Rangers, Royal U, and Almania.
They must remind you of Div 2. as well.

I'd like to hear who you're 4 quality B Div. squads are...I'd say Sikh and Richmond only.
Tossface!
(Habs OT again!!! gotta luv it!)

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Add Peg into that mix. They've had a slow start due to several inujuries and suspensions but look for them to be challenging for top spot by years end. I've seen them play a couple of times and they, along with Sikh, look to be the class of the division.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grimm said:
Add Peg into that mix. They've had a slow start due to several inujuries and suspensions but look for them to be challenging for top spot by years end. I've seen them play a couple of times and they, along with Sikh, look to be the class of the division.

I hope you mean the "class" of the group?

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can't compare the "A" side to the "B" side. The "B" side in my perspective still is by far stronger. Teams like Peg and Sarajevo and maybe even Fiji would be at the top in the "A" side. I agree Both sides can field Div.1 quality teams however, the "B" side more so than the "A".

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
You can't compare the "A" side to the "B" side. The "B" side in my perspective still is by far stronger. Teams like Peg and Sarajevo and maybe even Fiji would be at the top in the "A" side. I agree Both sides can field Div.1 quality teams however, the "B" side more so than the "A".

You should lay off the sauce Freestyler....and maybe come see a game.
Sarajevo are mucks and we all know it....Lobbans near the top are decent but would be sitting maybe 4th in our side.
We've played nearly every team in both groups over the last 2 years and I'm quite aware of how it would play out.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It just shows how ridicules this whole divisional set up is. Premier has six teams that are struggling and 1st div has two half divisions. Change the damn set to divisions of ten. Then every game no matter what division should be competitive. As a whole side B is stronger, but side A has better top teams.

Animal

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't do it often, but I will agree with animal. Why have two watered down sides in Div 1. If you took the top teams from each side and made it one division, it would be quality.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax said:
I don't do it often, but I will agree with animal. Why have two watered down sides in Div 1. If you took the top teams from each side and made it one division, it would be quality.

I totally agree. But it will take forever to unravel the current setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0