Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro, I agree with your picks on Cliff Ave and WFC.I think Shaheen will knock off Wickham.Alemania will tie the Serbs, maybe with some luck maybe even beat them! As for you guy's against Olympics it reminds me of the old Kokanee commercials " Dare to dream Arnold, Dare to dream". I take the Olympics on this one.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Burnro, I agree with your picks on Cliff Ave and WFC.I think Shaheen will knock off Wickham.Alemania will tie the Serbs, maybe with some luck maybe even beat them!
Like yourself, I'd love to see Alemania knock off the Serbs.

Conductor said:
As for you guy's against Olympics it reminds me of the old Kokanee commercials " Dare to dream Arnold, Dare to dream". I take the Olympics on this one.
Well, if we do beat the VO's, then you can buy me a Kokanee. If we lose as you have predicted, then I will gladly buy you one while you serenade me with "Dare to dream Arnold, dare to dream" ;)

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Burnro

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 5 - 2 Polonia

Polonia scored first on a nice finish (although it was a complete fluke) in the first 20 mins. We awoke in the second half and were up 2-1 when their central midfielder took a stupid red for striking our player(me) in the face. He was the big guy that every goal kick/free kick/hump up the middle went to, and they were fcuked with out him. After that we capitalized on poor defensive play by Polonia and sealed the deal.

Rene took centre stage and was his usual self for this one. It was quite nice to play @ 8-rinks on the turf. Natural bounces, fast passing, quite different from the cow pasture we call Connaught.

On to the Blaze,

NO2

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze up 3 -0 after 8 minutes. The offside trap was ripped apart. 4-0 by the 1/2 hour. 4-1 35 minutes in. 4-2 by halftime. Blaze get a red 10 into 2nd and then 4-3. Sarajevo get themselves a red and some tense moments defending late but Blaze win 4-3. The offside trap was utterly killed by some great balls through to the oncoming midfielders by the defenders. I believe there were 15 yellows in the game to go with the 2 reds. By my count of the 10 on the pitch to finish for the Blaze 7 had yellows and both players already subbed off had 1. the Blaze red was for 2 yelllows while the sarajevo sending off was a straight red although he could have had a yellow earlier.:rolleyes:
Really really foggy from the steam off the players tonight making it hard to see the far sideline and corners in the second half. Good game and result for the Blaze boys today. Now only if we can do some scoring tommorrow.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2 said:
Lomas 5 - 2 Polonia

Polonia scored first on a nice finish (although it was a complete fluke) in the first 20 mins. We awoke in the second half and were up 2-1 when their central midfielder took a stupid red for striking our player(me) in the face. He was the big guy that every goal kick/free kick/hump up the middle went to, and they were fcuked with out him. After that we capitalized on poor defensive play by Polonia and sealed the deal.

Rene took centre stage and was his usual self for this one. It was quite nice to play @ 8-rinks on the turf. Natural bounces, fast passing, quite different from the cow pasture we call Connaught.

On to the Blaze,

NO2

Congrats on the the first W of the year, NO2. I know it's been coming, and you've been unlucky a few times recently.

Good stuff! :bronco: :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Blaze up 3 -0 after 8 minutes. The offside trap was ripped apart. 4-0 by the 1/2 hour. 4-1 35 minutes in. 4-2 by halftime. Blaze get a red 10 into 2nd and then 4-3. Sarajevo get themselves a red and some tense moments defending late but Blaze win 4-3. The offside trap was utterly killed by some great balls through to the oncoming midfielders by the defenders. I believe there were 15 yellows in the game to go with the 2 reds. By my count of the 10 on the pitch to finish for the Blaze 7 had yellows and both players already subbed off had 1. the Blaze red was for 2 yelllows while the sarajevo sending off was a straight red although he could have had a yellow earlier.:rolleyes:
Really really foggy from the steam off the players tonight making it hard to see the far sideline and corners in the second half. Good game and result for the Blaze boys today. Now only if we can do some scoring tommorrow.

Holy ****.......15 yellows? POssibly an exaggeration but who was reffing the game? :confused:........I haven't given that many out all season. :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually not an exaggeration. I may be off by one or 2 but there were a shitload given. I believe he gave 3 yellows in 7 seconds 3/4 of the way in 1st half after a foul. Great stuff. I don't know name of who reff'ed. My numbers on the Blaze are true and I'm out by at most 2 for the Sarajevo side. I think the ref tore his rotator cuff midway through the second as he didn't pull any more out after that.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Olympics 5 : 3 Club Ireland

Dare to dream, Burnro. Dare to dream.

:D

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Like yourself, I'd love to see Alemania knock off the Serbs.

Well, if we do beat the VO's, then you can buy me a Kokanee. If we lose as you have predicted, then I will gladly buy you one while you serenade me with "Dare to dream Arnold, dare to dream" ;)

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Burnro
Well predicted Conductor, although the VO's really had to work for it, I owe you cold one mate!

Cheers,

Burnro

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 3-5 Vancouver Olympics

Although on the losing end, I'm proud of the way my lads battled and competed today. I'm sure the VO players will agree, both teams came ready to play and went toe-to-toe for the entire 90-minutes at a ridiculous pace.

We struck first blood with a shot from about 20-yds that was deflected, which helped the ball fly over top the keeper. The VO's were awarded a penalty not long after which Frankie managed to slip just inside my left post. VO's then took the lead with a very well-worked second goal, only to see the Bhoys respond immediately with another 20-yarder that flew into the roof of the net...2-2 at the half.

A minute after the break, a disastrous mistake by our last man let the VO's break in for an easy 3v1 which they did well to punish us and finish. The game continued at its pace and saw us provide VO's with their second penalty of the game, which Frankie wisely decided to put into the top corner, otherwise, I would have definitely saved his second...4-2 VO's.

Although up against it at this point, we stubbornly pushed on and went after more goals. Our efforts clearly rattled the VO's and we were well rewarded when a clever through ball sent in one of our defenders, who calmly slotted home from 6-yds...4-3 VO's...8-minutes to go. For the next few minutes we pushed upfield and threw everything at them, with most players well forward, the VO's won possession and broke out 4v2 on the counter attack and basically slotted home into the empty net at the far post...5-3 VO's, the game ended a couple of minutes later.

Credit to both squads for throwing everything at each other...I'm certain most players have come away from the game with chunks kicked out of them and will be nursing some bruises tonight. This is not to suggest the game was dirty at all, but both teams left everything on the field today.

Well done to the VO's...if they go on to win promotion, it will have been well deserved, but the fight remains tight as any one of the top-5 teams can take points off each other on any given day.

On to the big rematch with WFC Rangers...cheers!

Burnro

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
((((((((((((BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS)))))))))))))))))))))) aFTER nermous hours of negotiations the Vancouver olympics have come to agreement with the conductor on a 2 year contract as MANAGER of the team!! Terms undisclosed except he must drink with the team at games end... PS--> I was a patron at the elephant walk and happened to hear as the negotiations went on!! Great news for the olympics as the conductor has 8 co-ed championships, 3 indoor, 2 fooseball titles, 4 crib championships, 1st team allstar on the budweiser drinking team, 2 box hockey titles, 2nd all-star judge at the #5 orange, 1 ping pong title... and the list goes on and on... The olympics front office is looking great!! cONGRatulations to dino and his staff as numerous teams were in the hunt for the conductors services... Rumour has it as the conductor goes the VO boyz go.... Chooo choooo...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 5 - 0 Bingers

Maybe not a 5-0 score as it was 2-0 till midway through the second half.............and they pressed with numbers and had they got one it could have been different obviously, but a well deserved win none the less.

Nice to see a ref in the middle that has a real feel for the game, and no, it wasn't WALKS. Whenever a ref is willing to listen to those around him and talk it seems the game goes that much smoother, regardless of the style or type of game.

Heard through the grape vine that the Sikh's squeezed out a 2-1 win over Peg with a late goal to win it................anyone there care to confirm?

~JP~

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Well predicted Conductor, although the VO's really had to work for it, I owe you cold one mate!

Cheers,

Burnro

SOrry we disappointed some of you here on your calls!!Maybe next time!I only go the messages today!Next time i will chek it more frequently! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
[

Well done to the VO's...if they go on to win promotion, it will have been well deserved, but the fight remains tight as any one of the top-5 teams can take points off each other on any given day.

On to the big rematch with WFC Rangers...cheers!

Burnro

Very true about the top 5 dropping points...too bad its a 3 pony race tho' :)

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
Very true about the top 5 dropping points...too bad its a 3 pony race tho' :)
Time will tell Notcher, as the top five teams still have another round of match-ups against each other...in four weeks time it could just as easily be a 5-team race as it could a 3-team.

It's good for all the teams involved, and good for the VMSL, to have such solid competition and a relatively tight race for promotion...at this point of the season in previous years, we usually see two teams running away with things and leaving the rest to just fight it out to avoid relegation.

Regardless of who wins our side of Div. 1, they will have certainly earned it with all the competition faced throughout the course of the season.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crnogorski fudbaler said:
SOrry we disappointed some of you here on your calls!!Maybe next time!I only go the messages today!Next time i will chek it more frequently! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:
I apologize...I think??? But seeing that I'm still trying to decipher what the fcuk you just said, maybe you should read my predictions more clearly...
Burnro said:
Alemania SC
Serbian White Eagles
Kensington South
Sat/2.00pm
I think the Serbs will squeak out a tight 2-1 victory this weekend, but Alemania may prove me wrong as they are coming off a big win last weekend.
I believe you beat them 3-0 this weekend, so I may have got the scoreline wrong, but you still won didn't you???

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 Peg 1

Very hard fought game out at Kensington yesterday. Peg needed the 3 points to have any realistic chance of winning the division. Tackles were flying all over the park. Peg scored one early on a breakaway that was initially saved by the keeper but the rebound went off the same player and found the back of the net. Sikhs pulled level about 10 mins later on a well taken strike by their speedy forward. Game remained even until under 10 remaining when a Temple corner kick took a favorable bounce and just managed to make it over the line before the Peg defender cleared it. Peg threw everyone forward and hit the post on a header. The ref did a good job (Walks). Pretty good game to watch.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 3 Van Oly's 5

A disappointing result for us over the weekend. A hard fought game played out by both sides, with the more deserving side winning on the day. Throughout the entire 90 minutes we shot ourselves in the foot and a quick Oly's team made sure to capitalize on more then one occasion.

Some good lads on the Oly's squad, including the likes of Gabe playing out on the right flank, aswell as Arnseto (sp?) sweeping, their #9 who thinks he's funny ;) and the gent playing at right back. The only dink on that squad is #18. I don't know his name, nor do I wish to know, but totally classless. Thanks for shaking my hand after the game mate, quality stuff.

As we hit the mid-season break, regardless of how close the standings are, it is now a 4 horse race for promotion on our side of the Div.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0