Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give all respect to the VO boyz but i must add i was very impressed with the fitness of the club i team! I thought it might of been a cake walk but club ireland held their own!! Hard working team and a few breaks the game could of gone either way... Also the top teams in division 1A still have to play each other which means their is gonna be a loss of points regardless... If club ireland wins this weekend against WFC it will put them back in the race... Club ireland hard working team with grit!! Good luck lads...

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Time will tell Notcher, as the top five teams still have another round of match-ups against each other...in four weeks time it could just as easily be a 5-team race as it could a 3-team.
It's good for all the teams involved, and good for the VMSL, to have such solid competition and a relatively tight race for promotion...at this point of the season in previous years, we usually see two teams running away with things and leaving the rest to just fight it out to avoid relegation.

Regardless of who wins our side of Div. 1, they will have certainly earned it with all the competition faced throughout the course of the season.

Yo that Burnside...just tryin to liven up this coming weekends match.
Wagers?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham suffering from injuries and transfers (both Nabi brothers back with Shaheen now); back to the core group again. At least we battled a bit on the weekend and earned the three points - absolutely tragic watching last weeks game. Granted we were all down after our big guy went down early after their little rat made his second back of the game (those little pricks don't understand how far it is down when you are 6'+ and actually jump), but once again we didn't show much on a Friday evening.

Oh well, for every 20 year old we lose, we have a 50 year old on standby. My guess is I will finally see you all on the pitch this weekend.

Interesting table this year, looking forward to seeing some of the teams in action. Well, maybe not those Olys - perhaps I will play striker that game...

Frozen Cleats

Nov 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grimm, don't forget to mention the other crossbar that Peg hit. Peg deserved the win, two off the bar and then they loose on an own goal weird bouncer. Unlucky for Peg and it's been that way all season

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frozen Cleats, lets put the win aside. The game had the potential of going either way. Sikh Temple missed a sitter from right infront of the net.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
I apologize...I think??? But seeing that I'm still trying to decipher what the fcuk you just said, maybe you should read my predictions more clearly...

I believe you beat them 3-0 this weekend, so I may have got the scoreline wrong, but you still won didn't you???

The spell check on the site is not working so well!!Not my fault i am bi-lingual!!!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I have to say I hope City doesn't bring there A game tomorrow.Olympics had only one good practice this week.Last night we only had 8 guys out due to everyone being sick with the flu.Olympics will also be missing 3 starters tomorrow night.The team is solid all around so I'm not making excuses up here,I'm just hoping we have enough to play and a few subs would be a bonus.My predictions for the other games in 1A are
WFC-CLUB I, look for Club I to take a point off WFC if Club I takes all 3 they are still in the running.
Cliff Ave will take Alemania it will be close though!
Serbia will tie Shaheen
Wickham takes down Royal United!
As for Burnro if you are planning on coming by Holly tomorrow night,please don't forget the Kokanee! :D

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Well I have to say I hope City doesn't bring there A game tomorrow.Olympics had only one good practice this week.Last night we only had 8 guys out due to everyone being sick with the flu.Olympics will also be missing 3 starters tomorrow night.The team is solid all around so I'm not making excuses up here,I'm just hoping we have enough to play and a few subs would be a bonus.My predictions for the other games in 1A are
WFC-CLUB I, look for Club I to take a point off WFC if Club I takes all 3 they are still in the running.
Serbia will tie Shaheen
As for Burnro if you are planning on coming by Holly tomorrow night,please don't forget the Kokanee! :D

I will bring the fridge to keep da beers kold!!and electricity...i can tap into the light power source.....
wick-royls=tie
cliff -alem.=i think alem. might be out for blood now!gonna watch this one
club i-wfc=tie if club i scores 1st.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Serbia will tie Shaheen

Conductor, I spoke with one of the Olympic players today, as he works along side me. He said your lot had a full turnout :rolleyes:
Do you really think it's necessary to play head games with City FC.
I'm predicting a 4-0 result for Oly's. See you in Ladner for a pint(s).

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector, I'm sorry your source is correct!!
He said your lot had a full turnout
I geuss you are just forgetting to state that the reason we had a full turn out was because our cat team practiced with us, which they don't usually do!! By the way last game against City was 2-1 for Olympics in a game that could have went either way!! Here's hoping a few guy's had homemade soup and are feeling better to make it to tonight's game because we really need the points!!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well nothing like a good all fashion can of homemade "WOOP ASS" to cure the flu.The Olympics came out tonight with hunger in their eyes and you could tell that even if City had the Great Wall of China in net tonight, that Olympics were not gonna be denied from feasting!At the half it was 4-0.Give credit to City for not folding their tents,the second half 2 more quicks ones were scored on them making it 6-0 with 35min to go, instead of retiring for the night they played hard and actually gave the Olympics a little bit of an even battle for the last 30min.Final score 6-1,must admit 5 goals were high light reels like the ones you see on soccer saturday highlights!! If you think I'm being biased about how nice the goals were just ask the Inspector and his entourage!! Let's see if Burnro can make up for not coming by with my Kokanee and steal some points from WFC! :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

your guys 2nd goal is probably the best goal i have seen all year. On TV or off. Unreal. 6 passes, one being a backheel, noone had it for more than 2 touches it seemed and it went from their 18 to the top of ours and was fcuking hammered in. Great fcuking goal.

We had a bad spell for about 25 minutes and they put 4 past us. I'm happy and proud of our guys as they kept competeing and never quit working hard for each other till the whistle blew when they could have easily done so. Now to regroup for next week.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word from Hillcrest today? I had to leave at the half and Westside was up 1:0 vs Club I.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1 - 0 Blaze

They're called the Blaze for a reason. A half-time team toke didn't quite do it for them today. It was an ugly game. The only thing that was pretty was Captain's job in the middle and the fresh perm sported by #8. The field was awful which made the game seem uglier than it probably was. We were outplayed in the second half and were lucky the Blaze didn't equalize.

~we'll take the 3 points.

No2

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2 said:
Lomas 1 - 0 Blaze

They're called the Blaze for a reason. A half-time team toke didn't quite do it for them today. It was an ugly game. The only thing that was pretty was Captain's job in the middle and the fresh perm sported by #8. The field was awful which made the game seem uglier than it probably was. We were outplayed in the second half and were lucky the Blaze didn't equalize.

~we'll take the 3 points.

No2

Atta boy! Back to back wins. I love it!

Daz

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 4-0 Sarajevo
Really a one-sided game. Sarajevo was missing their only offence in Elvis and Temple took advatage dominating the game from start to finish.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Let's see if Burnro can make up for not coming by with my Kokanee and steal some points from WFC! :)
Sorry for the no-show with the cold one last night Conductor, and I'm even sorrier for my own performance this afternoon :( , as I would have loved to help you out and taken points off the Rangers...sorry mate!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Any word from Hillcrest today? I had to leave at the half and Westside was up 1:0 vs Club I.
WFC Rangers 2-0 Club Ireland

A decent paced start to the game by both sides today, but obviously a better start by WFC as we gifted Chiasson a free header less than 5-minutes in, which he did well to place in the bottom corner of the net. After taking much too long to wake up and realize we were playing a game, our guys slowly came around and started to play, taking the game to WFC in patches. The remainder of the first half played out as such with both sides creating chances, but no one showing any finish.

The second half pretty much continued the same as the first half ended, although our extra hustle began to pay off as the Rangers began to look tired in the middle of the pitch. With about 20-minutes to go, WFC drove the ball into the box and Chiasson did well to get up, unmarked again, and head what appeared to be a harmless header towards the goal. As the ball travelled into my hands, I did my best impression of Roy Caroll (last year for Man Utd vs Spurs) and had the ball bounce sideways out of my palms and squirm across the goal line. The irony of the goal was that every player on both squads had already turned their backs assuming I had the ball in my hands...had I been quick enough to react and scoop the ball out of the net like Roy Caroll, then I might have gotten away with it, but I think I surprised myself so much that I couldn't believe it had happened...what's a guy to do? Hold on to the fcuking ball I suppose huh?!?!

Credit to Rangers for taking the chances we gave them, and credit to our lads for not dropping their heads, working hard until the final whistle.

On to Wickham next week and hoping we can get back on track.

Cheers,

Burnroshowcasinghisfloppyhands-oneshowonly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0