Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
WFC Rangers 2-0 Club Ireland

Credit to Rangers for taking the chances we gave them :D

I find it's my duty from time to time to let the truth be known....and since history is generally written by those on the winning side....

We EARNED the first goal which left pretty much their whole side looking like fooseball players. The second goal should soon be forgotten by anyone who witnessed it...unfortunate. They had their moments of pressure and possesion but we defended very well.
I personally missed two chances that have left me sleepless ;)
Overall we got the job done and I don't think there were too many worried chappers on our side...minus Pettingale, but he'd be like that if we were up 5-0.
See you in the summer league Club I.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm . . . over 48 hours later and still no rebuttle to Notcher's "EARNED" comment. :D Have to agree with him. That first goal was a thing of beauty -- damn smooth.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Hmmm . . . over 48 hours later and still no rebuttle to Notcher's "EARNED" comment. :D Have to agree with him. That first goal was a thing of beauty -- damn smooth.
Sorry for the slow rebuke lads, but it's been a couple of busy days at the office...

...anyways, as for the "EARNED" comment, I suppose we must agree to disagree. Granted the cross that was swung in to Chiasson was perfectly placed, but if our defender gets up to challenge Craig in the air, then he doesn't get a clean look at goal. To go back before the cross, you guys were handed possession by a horrible turnover in our defensive third of the pitch, at which point, the ball was played out wide to your player who swung the ball onto Chiasson.

So in my view, we gave you that goal by way of a cheap turnover of possession and then embarassing defending on the cross.

In the end, it's just semantics, as my brilliant demonstration of excellence in goalkeeping :eek: , cemented your 3-points.

Cheers,

Burnro

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Acutally... it went like this....

Notcher wins the ball in midfield, button-hooks (yeah I said it), swings a ball across the pitch to the far player who has pushed up from left back (handsome fella), left back takes the space and draws Club I defense and then lays a sweet ball down to the WFC left midfielder who takes two touches and delivers a cross onto the nod of our chubby striker...... Club I don't come close to touching the ball and hardly moved on the play... hence... fooseball......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0