Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Dec 2004/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchboss

Nov 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as i like watching temple play. I cant wait for the day i read on here. " New team in the league, indians united" Wouldn't that be a story. they could have a A B C and D team with all the guys they would have.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I never knew Zico grew up in Richmond and played youth soccer with a bunch of brown guys.

And to think, all this time I thought he was an immigrant. :D

Accents can be deceiving you know. :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fabulus said:
no game for the BLAZE at the grove this week!!!!!!
Not according the the Excellent Site yet. You boys still seem to be on for half 12.

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
if Didar is gone to Khalsa ( yes or no? ) who will be in net for Indo?... if didar is gone could this be the last of one of the top east idian clubs who paved the way for the rest.? I hope not

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be an interesting game with Temple and Indo/Akal this weekend if the weather is good. Any predictions? If Didar is gone they still got Karm who has great hands......Kobe like :rolleyes: !

Hard Ballz

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 0 Lobbans 0

I'm sure that Lobbans will be satisfied to walk away from this match with a point.

RUFC had a couple of clear cut opportunities that should have put it away but....

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wally, are you sure about that?
Richmond had 2 scoring chances in the second half but nothing at all in the 1st half! 2 scoring chances all game!! Both teams will be satisfied with a 0-0 result. The only unfortunate thing was that both teams had to play each other after a lengthy lay-off. The 2 teams we(Lobbans) were hoping to avoid after the lay-off were Richmond and/or Norvan. :mad: I'm not upset with the result, but instead unhappy we had you guys as our first game after the break. Full respect to Richmond, but Wally the game so easily could've gone either way.

Inspectorstwocents

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Blakey,

Tough to contest who "deserved" a 0 - 0 draw, but for my two bits, I thought RUFC controlled most of play, especially in the first. I though most of the first 45 mins were played in your half. Aside from that, I think you could argue that we pressed for most of the last 10 or 15. I dont think you tested our keeper as much as we tested yours, but, as said, I think 0 -0 was a reasonable result. I was, however, a bit surprised that your lot, being "contenders" in the table, weren't playing a bit more desperate to get the win. You seemed content to hold on to the draw.

Anyway, great battle today.

Willy (Senior)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy, I don't share all your views other than 0-0 was a fair result. Yes, we should've pressed more for the win, but again, first game back was always going to be a challenge. Even more so against the likes of Richmond! The final flurry saw us with some great opportunities to take the full 3 points, but I don't feel either team was let down with the draw. Marco made the save of the match on your #7 and the red headed kid(with no foot skills) made a meal of his golden opportunity right in front. Apart from that, you guys had very little creativity once in our 30.

Best of luck to guys and hopefully you can help us out by stealing points of Wickham.

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dear wfc:
congradulations ladies!

those signings that youve been boasting about sure came in handy today vs the primos.

if not for them, you probably would have lost

keeper, spend less time making poll questions about who will be the first team to give up points to the primos, and work on your game my son.

i'm dying to hear your excuse..................................

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wfc 3 - primos 3

good game. nice goals were scored. end to end action. Their(rangers) keeper was in fine form making numerous in-close saves. Nice curler to the top corner by chaisson. oh yeah....and I shite the bed on an empty net with 12 mins to go in the game! oh well.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 4 - Temple 2

It's a shame that one of these teams are not moving up to Premier next year. Both teams played with intensity and passion seen only on special occasions in the VMSL. The tackles were hard and at times vicious. Even in the rain, a great cowd had a lot to do with the atmoshpere.

Full marks to Indo for the victory. Up 1-0 and 2-1 early in the 1st half. For the first 15 min of the 2nd, Temple pushed hard and were really unfortunate not to have tied the game (one on a breakaway late in the 1st, a couple of other great chances in the 2nd).

Even with the goalie error in the 1st Indo deserved the result. They were dangerous almost every time down the park and the defense tightened at the right time. Temple's PK goal wasn't a hand ball and if it was Indo down 3-1 it would never had been called. The PK made it 3-2. Indo had a PK back to make it 4-2 with 5 to go.

Great Game.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB basically summed it up.....It just seemed like Temple played into their hands. Probably not the way Temple wanted it to go but in the end Indo/Akal finished the scoring chances and Temple didn't. Great intensity although I think Indo/Akal wanted it more and the atmosphere was great even with it raining. Rene did a good job in the middle. I'll disagree with WAB on the handball call.....I was standing in the corner watching the game and NOT influenced by any alcohol ....the ball hit the guy's chest and then did hit his hand and obiviously Rene saw that to make the call. Anyways, I'll let Gilly sum up the missing parts of the game :rolleyes: ....nice chant..." And he's done it again " ...save it for nations or something ;) . I guess we'll hope to see other teams try and steal some points off Indo/Akal and we'll keep winning our games.

Hard Ballz

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOMAS 1 - 2 BLAZE

I think both sides will agree that they played a terrible game on saturday. The long lay off was evident in the play of both squads. It was 0-0 at half. The Blaze got two midway through the second and we got one near the end.

NO2

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB & Hardballz summarized the game very accurately. The guys are really happy with the victory, but understand that we have a very difficult schedule left (IFC Polonia, IFC Sarajevo - both previous losses, and always dangerous WFC Rangers and Cliff Avenue). I think INDO/AKAL understood that a tie or a loss would end any hope of promotion, we needed the win, and played like it today. Team Gill with 2, Ronaldo and Bollywood adding singletons.

Hardballz,

You and I both know that I'm not good enough to get selected for the Nations Cup team. Besides when was the last time I scored two goals in one game. I remember Whalley Whitecaps back in................nah better not, I'd be dating myself.

Gilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0