Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3-1 Romania with probably 20 to go when I left. Romania's goalie was red carded for disputing a goal with the ref. Anyways, ugly game to watch nonetheless.

Hard Ballz

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo folding..ccc so sad...this is why DIV 1 should be cut down to 10 or 12 teams - another reason right here...

Akal has been the most consistent team this year in DIV 1. They have won number of games in late minutes and that is what good teams do. Wish them luck in Premier.

If Olympics did beat Punjab last week I would have said that they are the best team. But since they lost, Akal is the only clear choice.

Jan 22, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
This league restructuring is ridiculous. Division 1 will be cut so that Division 3 will blossom; it will just lead to more teams not taking the league seriously. Even professional leagues have cellar-dwellars that seme to lose each week but can somehow potentialy take points off the top teams and that's the fun of the league, to see upsets, not just a 1-1 draw every week between 2 equal teams.
Keep Div 1 at a high level?
Keep in mind next year 'Division 1' is actually Div 3 since:
BC League=Div 1
Premier=Div 2
Div 1= Div 3
Div 2=4
Div 3=5
Keeping it real

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - GN 0

We threw away two points tonight as we couldn't finish if our lives depended on it. We once again had majority of the possession as we limited them to just one shot on net but couldnt put one in the back of the net. We had two posts late on but credit GN for sticking to their defensive system and coming away with a huge point. We now need some help to keep second place and get a playoff to make it up to premier.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3-1 Romania with probably 20 to go when I left. Romania's goalie was red carded for disputing a goal with the ref. Anyways, ugly game to watch nonetheless.

Hard Ballz

little birdie told me Romania has disputed this loss as Temple "allegedly" played a suspended player....what a bonehead move by Temple if Romania gets the three points.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
little birdie told me Romania has disputed this loss as Temple "allegedly" played a suspended player....what a bonehead move by Temple if Romania gets the three points.[/QUOTE

Our club has played against Romania for several seasons .
I always found Florian as there coach and goalie to be a great sport and very fair win or lose, for him to get 6 games is a little harsh unless he used physical violence
on the ref or a player from the other team.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
little birdie told me Romania has disputed this loss as Temple "allegedly" played a suspended player....what a bonehead move by Temple if Romania gets the three points.[/QUOTE

I always found Florian as there coach and goalie to be a great sport and very fair win or lose, for him to get 6 games is a little harsh unless he used physical violence

Temple did not use any illegal player or suspended player. The only player that was listed as suspended due to cards was approved to play by the league as the game was moved from the weekend to Monday. I really do not see any grounds for any protest?????

Romania's keeper pushed the ref hence the suspension.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
did he have his card?

Yes he did. The ref checked all cards and had no issues. Temple only had 11 or 12 players so this protest has no leg to stand on. As previously stated, the league approved the suspended player to play that game. I am sure Romania was made aware of this upon protest. He will serve his suspension this week vs cliff ave.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This bad, bad man surely can't be Mr. Raminder Badyal as listed on the VMSL website could it? How could you Ram?? A suspension? Oh your poor parents must be distraught... :(

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao you guys keap on fighting Westside Rino will get there. Fun to watch. Tobad you guys do not have more games. It would be almost a war. All that for second div soccer. some gyuys are serious. Nice to see. Florian getting six games just does not sit well with me. He has been a fare guy always. Wao back to div three for them. With somany good player I just can not see how it looks for Romania.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he did. The ref checked all cards and had no issues. Temple only had 11 or 12 players so this protest has no leg to stand on. As previously stated, the league approved the suspended player to play that game. I am sure Romania was made aware of this upon protest. He will serve his suspension this week vs cliff ave.

dont shoot the messanger bro, I just posted what I heard and I heard Romania is disputing the result...If the league approved then Temple has nothing to worry about...kinda funny tho that WA would approve a player to play as league rules say you have to serve the next game after the suspension has been communicated..also, would it not have been in Temple's best interests to have had the player SIT against Romania instead of against Cliff which is arguably the biggest game of the year for Temple??? sounds kinda funny, but if the league approved then you guys are golden. pd

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

sounds like he slapped the red card out of the refs hand and shoved him, I have also known Florian and played against him for years and find this to be totally uncharacteristic of him...I heard that the ref allowed a goal that didn't cross the line and he was about 45 yards behind the play which put the Romanians in a livid state for the rest of the match...no excuse if he shoved the ref and slapped the card out of his hand, but you can see why he was probably so angry and lost his cool...too bad for the Romania masters team who had hopes to move up to Premier and now lose arguably their best player with 4 tough matches coming up...I guess this is paints the picture of Romania's season...they are a solid bunch and will rebound...wouldn't surprise me that they use the summer to rebuild and have a solid season in Div 2 next year.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple did not use any illegal player or suspended player. The only player that was listed as suspended due to cards was approved to play by the league as the game was moved from the weekend to Monday. I really do not see any grounds for any protest?????

Romania's keeper pushed the ref hence the suspension.

It was a poorly played game by both teams. Contraversy arose when Temple scored in couple of minutes into the 2nd half. Romania believed that the ball hadn't crossed the line. Romanian players all ran to the ref with their GK pushing him, and verbal abuse ensued, the ref acknowledged that he was about to call the game as a result. In the end luckily for them only thier keeper was sent off and play resumed. I imagine the player they are protesting with regard to is Raminder Badyal who's suspension will take place against Cliff Ave, really a bigger loss for them having him out vs Cliff then Romania although Temple were lacking players on that night.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds like he slapped the red card out of the refs hand and shoved him, I have also known Florian and played against him for years and find this to be totally uncharacteristic of him...I heard that the ref allowed a goal that didn't cross the line and he was about 45 yards behind the play which put the Romanians in a livid state for the rest of the match...no excuse if he shoved the ref and slapped the card out of his hand, but you can see why he was probably so angry and lost his cool...too bad for the Romania masters team who had hopes to move up to Premier and now lose arguably their best player with 4 tough matches coming up...I guess this is paints the picture of Romania's season...they are a solid bunch and will rebound...wouldn't surprise me that they use the summer to rebuild and have a solid season in Div 2 next year.

Their goalie wasn't really tested in the first half to make a big save, although he did get to everything in the air. Who stood out for me was an older big guy up front. Created all kinds of havoc for Temple's defence and was probably unlucky not to walkout with a hat-trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0