Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - Akal 1

We found out first hand why Akal has the best goals against in the division. It was a tough loss as we thought that we should have got a tie but were unable to create enough good chances to score and when we did create some their goalie bailed them out. They scored 20 mins into the game on a mistake by our d-man which lead to their goal and then they just sat back and played defensive. Second half we had majority of the pressure but couldnt create clear cut chances and those chances that we had were on freekicks but were foiled by their goalie. Unlucky but now we have to hope for some help and not drop anymore points.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should have specified that there were few chances in open play. Serbia had at least 4 free-kicks in VERY dangerous positions which the keeper did well to stop a couple of them.........

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal 1 Serbia 0

I'm pretty sure it was the only chance on goal the whole game? :confused:

It doesn't matter how many chances you get, it's the how many you finish right Captain?

Solid win for Akal and a great way to kick off the second half of the season. If you look at Akal's track record from the first half of the season or look back to last season, Akal for the majority has done very well against the top half of the table (Serbia, Westside, Richmond) but seem to lose big points in games they NEED to win.

Defensively, I would argue Akal is the best in the league, yet lack of goal scoring could come and bite them in the ass in future games. Anyways, that is the reason the games are played and will be an interesting race to the finish.

Good luck to the rest of the squads

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't matter how many chances you get, it's the how many you finish right Captain?

Solid win for Akal and a great way to kick off the second half of the season. If you look at Akal's track record from the first half of the season or look back to last season, Akal for the majority has done very well against the top half of the table (Serbia, Westside, Richmond) but seem to lose big points in games they NEED to win.

Defensively, I would argue Akal is the best in the league, yet lack of goal scoring could come and bite them in the ass in future games. Anyways, that is the reason the games are played and will be an interesting race to the finish.

Good luck to the rest of the squads

Absolutely, Indian Pale Ale! As mentioned, Serbia didn't threaten other than their free-kicks. Your team was VERY disciplined defensively and knew where their strengths were......you were able to maintain them all game.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff 3-1 Primo MF

Reece Miles is now with Cliff Avenue after leaving Metro Ford premier and was playing up front in a wide position. I wish he would have come and joined us instead :rolleyes:. Cliff jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead on some very sloppy defense on our part. Our keeper made a few great saves before we got one back on a nice shot from one of our callups.

2nd half Cliff slowed down but still had a few glorious chances stymied by our keeper. Our midfielder lost his cool after being fouled and earned a second yellow. We acquited ourselves nicely and generated a few chances the other way but AY was solid and their defense was effective. About 5 minutes from time Proc blasted a nice one just inside the right post and 3-1 is the score.

We fought hard but in the end couldn't make up for the first couple they slotted in nor put anymore by AY. Man of the match was our goalie who kept it respectable, thanks D!!

On to next week...

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! good result for Romania.

RFC 3 Green devils .
Missed the second half but the first was gross from both sides. RFC with some injuries saw a new line up but came out with a win.
First goal by GD scored on a defensive blunder. Second was Danny W scoring from a corner kick. Off the goalies fist and in. We had gift after gift but kept duffin' it into the keepers hands. Should have been 5-1. Can't comment on the rest but a wins' a win.
Akal seem to do well with gettin' a lead and sittin' all 10 in the box. Can't wait till our rematch.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal might have played 10 men behind the ball, however they were a better team in the first half. They worked very hard and played like a team. Akal had few chances and so did Serbia but only in the second half. Both team have good defensive players which why there was not many chances on net.... heads up to Akal's outside D.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
is that what you call it now these days Devo? perhaps I will put u in net in the summer and see if you can do it :p

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army 2 Chile 1

A chippy affair played in less than ideal weather conditions on a remarkably resilient South Memorial grass pitch.. Army took the lead 15 minutes into the 2nd half on a long free kick. Very unselfish play by the always dangerous #10 from Chile set up the tying goal with 15 to play. Army scored a great goal to win it and then survived some late Chilean pressure to seal the win

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 4 Sporting 0

We should have been up 10 -0 at the half but were up 4 bagel instead.We were missing 5 starters but looked deeper than this team has ever been ,good show boys im enjoying my cleansheet. I think i might even slide on it tonite!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army 2 Chile 1

A chippy affair played in less than ideal weather conditions on a remarkably resilient South Memorial grass pitch.. Army took the lead 15 minutes into the 2nd half on a long free kick. Very unselfish play by the always dangerous #10 from Chile set up the tying goal with 15 to play. Army scored a great goal to win it and then survived some late Chilean pressure to seal the win

Well done fellas, congrats on the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0