Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter, & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick comment from a crusty old RUFC codger who’s played in several match-ups against Club I over the years …

Having moved on to the “masters” division now, it was tough to have to stand on the touchline and not be a part of the classic Richmond derby.

But I think many of us who were a part of building the rivalry over the years can feel a sense of pride that the legacy lives on. To know that most of the players on the pitch (as Club I Champ inferred) had never even played in a meaningful RUFC vs Club I match before, it could very easily have been just another match for the young players involved. But it’s nice to see that the rivalry lives on and the next wave of players seems to be bringing that same emotion and intensity as was there in years past.

Well done to the players from both sides. As expected, it was a hard fought, physical, and fast paced match, without much garbage from any of the players. Very enjoyable to watch.

But as Belfast Cowboy said ... I would have loved one last chance to be on the pitch again for the old Richmond Derby.

Fcuk I sound old ... I guess the name says it all ...

Senior

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mate,
Its the running comentary all fcuking game long!!!! Not to mention all the BS you talk. Honestly, I reckon if you sent 1/2 the energy that your mouth uses down to your feet, you'd light this league up! But, hey, if talking trash is your game, then yes my friend, you are doing something right![/quote]

Wow......quality post! Let me know who you are next time we meet mate.....I've got some shoelaces that need tieing.
You're going to have to do a bit better than that:rolleyes:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilzinho said:
Notcher said:
Amazing the difference one letter makes innit!?
I meant to say "mouthy fcuking" scot. Alas, that is not what came out. Sorry for the confusion, although, who is to say he is not the former.
I can just hear dancin bear muttering "..you duhty little fcuka, I aughtta..."
Priceless!!:bronco:

Say Aahhhhhh

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin Bear said:
Mate,
Its the running comentary all fcuking game long!!!! Not to mention all the BS you talk. Honestly, I reckon if you sent 1/2 the energy that your mouth uses down to your feet, you'd light this league up! But, hey, if talking trash is your game, then yes my friend, you are doing something right!

Wow......quality post! Let me know who you are next time we meet mate.....I've got some shoelaces that need tieing.
You're going to have to do a bit better than that:rolleyes:[/quote]

Seems like you have an ego that needs checking too...Wanker!
You and the Goalie from Peg are neck and neck for the "prick of the league" award. Keep up the good work putz!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilzinho said:
Seems like you have an ego that needs checking too...Wanker!
You and the Goalie from Peg are neck and neck for the "prick of the league" award. Keep up the good work putz!

I never heard a word out of the Peg keepers mouth yesterday, complete gentlemen to say the least......

Congrats on being the co- "POTL Award" Dancin Bear I remember being named it last year.
It's truly an honour.

Maybe next year you can vye for it Gilzinho...you're going to have to come with stronger language than "putz" tho'

On another note: Still sour from yesterdays match...Alikira had a serious shocker. Too bad considering he's generally quite good. I'm starting to think its personal...an easy handball call on the goal line against Bingers and now an easy offside call blown in the biggest game of the year ;)
Far from the end of the world, but i'm wondering about the conflict of interest being that he's an old Club I guy??

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 1 Westside 1

A fairly evenly played match with both teams enjoying peiods of possesion. I thought we got unlucky hitting the post late in the second half.`As far as our goal it was very close and tough to call but I do believe Alikira told both teams before the match that the advantage would go to the forwards. I disagree that he had a shocker and I think he has been the best ref we have had all season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
I never heard a word out of the Peg keepers mouth yesterday, complete gentlemen to say the least......

Congrats on being the co- "POTL Award" Dancin Bear I remember being named it last year.
It's truly an honour.

Maybe next year you can vye for it Gilzinho...you're going to have to come with stronger language than "putz" tho'

On another note: Still sour from yesterdays match...Alikira had a serious shocker. Too bad considering he's generally quite good. I'm starting to think its personal...an easy handball call on the goal line against Bingers and now an easy offside call blown in the biggest game of the year ;)
Far from the end of the world, but i'm wondering about the conflict of interest being that he's an old Club I guy??

Yes, I was trying for the game to be a draw. I missed all the chances you did.....hit the posts Peg did and misjudged all the passes that you did. My apologies. :)

Perhaps if you didn't whinge as much, you might actually see what's going on during the game. :D the For the record, your number 13 said he kept him onside. On top of that your Captain said the same thing. :eek: Of course from your position at the center circle, you had a better view than I did 12 yards from the goal line. Once again, my apologies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupdkid said:
Peg 1 Westside 1

A fairly evenly played match with both teams enjoying peiods of possesion. I thought we got unlucky hitting the post late in the second half.`As far as our goal it was very close and tough to call but I do believe Alikira told both teams before the match that the advantage would go to the forwards. I disagree that he had a shocker and I think he has been the best ref we have had all season.
StupidKid,

This is a bit off-topic but how many fcuking times are you going to sign-up here? :D

Tell that prick of a keeper of yours to put a sock in it.

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and Burnro, is the cheque in the mail yet? :rolleyes:

Sidewinder, do you have that case of Heineken for me too?

Doing what I can.............:rolleyes: :mad:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Of course from your position at the center circle, you had a better view than I did 12 yards from the goal line. Once again, my apologies.

Begrudgingly accepted ;)

2 hours to reply I noticed...the coffee shop lose its wireless signal?

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilzinho, you are comitting the cardinal TTP sin by allowing the Westside boys to wind you up. They're still complaining about calls that went against them in the first game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0