Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] September & October 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] September 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Does anyone know anything about the Primo team? Other than Machel! And I'll adopt that Hooped Idiots name. Holy fcuk Klaus you used all our brain cells on that one.

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

IFC Polonia 3 AFC 2

Polonia played decent in the first half but found themselves 2-0 down at half due to a couple broken plays. AFC seemed content with trying the long ball and having a couple skilled players go get it. Polonia can play much better

Start of 2nd half Polonia took over, scoring within 10 min. Scored a second on a nice free kick , and completed the scoring with some good work to take the ball away from the AFC deep and cutting it back to a wide open player for a tap in. Polonia were unlucky to not have a few more with some sitters missed.

AFC tried to put some pressure on late but was not enough. Fair scoreline to the game.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why was this game played so early in the week?

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

that had nothing to do with it. league's decision.

bukkakemon

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

primo 3 - Richmond 1

We had another slow start to the game and Richmond were controlling the middle of the park but couldn't muster any decent scoring opportunities, 0-0 at the half. We inject some fresh legs in and we slowly start getting some service to our strikers who did the best with their chances. Our third goal looked to be a cross that found the back of the net:D

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We shot ourselves in the foot on this game. Controlled the first portion of the game but kept getting beat by the offside trap. Damn off side trap. Good game all in all and Primo finished their chances. I think if we could have mustered some chances we would have faired better. Oh well, on to next week.
Ref did an ok job but man was he quick with the cards. a lttle bit of a control freak maybe? Couldn't even talk to him he'd just yell back. Irritating!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 4 - Ladner 1

We controlled this game from beginning to end...gave them their goal just before half to make it 1-1. Missed about 20 sitters. Not a great game by any means but Queens was in great shape.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any more game reports? I happened to catch the second half of bingers vs olympics. I fell asleep from the lack of scoring opportunities.

Does anyone know who Surrey FC is? Are they a new team?

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any more game reports? I happened to catch the second half of bingers vs olympics. I fell asleep from the lack of scoring opportunities.

I'm sorry we put you to sleep Rachel! Correct though, in your observations, as it was a hard fought, tight marking battle. An excellent defensive performance from the Army. Olympics carried more of the play but could not convert in the attacking third and had few, if any, good scoring chances. We had a couple of very good opportunities including a free header from a few yards out that was put over the bar. We could have grabbed 3 points but all in all a tie was probably a fair result.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

inter and surrey peg .. combined and formed an A team and a B team ...
surrey f.c. would be the B team

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter? I think you mean Indo.

fifteen

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vancouver Olympics vs Green Devils

GN vs Westside

Cliff Ave vs Binger- Draw

ICST Peg
vs Burnaby Fury

Ladner vs Lobbans

RCIU vs Sapperton

AFC Leopards vs Romania- Draw

Hurricanes
vs IFC Polonia

Primo
vs Surrey

Akal vs Bombastic- Draw

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

yeah indo my bad ..
is the surrey f.c. B team any good??? havent gone out to watch any of thier games

fifteen

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

yeah indo my bad ..
is the surrey f.c. B team any good??? havent gone out to watch any of thier games

I hear they are composed of mostly young players that moved up from U18 Pegasus team from last year. By the looks of their 0-2 start, it looks like they will have a tough year and need to find experience.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

ICST Peg 8 or 9 - Fury 1

Lost count. ICST Peg pretty much took the piss out of Burnaby late this afternoon. Should have been about 15-1, 2 goals called back for offside that clearly were not and a few bad misses. Morris with 2, Samra with 3, Coach Rob Reid with 2, Bahia Sr. with 1, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing one other. On to the next few weeks for the ICST Peg boys which will have a big impact on their standings with Westside, Akal, and Olympics up next.

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big game from the ICST Peg boys. Rob Reed (should be spelt that way) had a phenomenal game/15 minutes. Scored two individual effort goals, clinical finishing. Rumors say he has rookie of the year in the bag. Big ups to potential sponsors, Samra Roofing, Soccercity, Soccerwest, and Raja Trailers.

P.S. I scored the other goal. :knvb:

Big D

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Olympics 5-Grn Devils 1

Olympics started off well and controlled most of the play with missed opportunities early. Could have been pretty ugly with only 2-0 at the half. Second half was a different story with frank taking control of game with clinical passing and pace too much for the back line. Sid the kid, deep, kozo,kevin, barinder all having a strong game. Not taking anyone lightly up next Bombastic.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 4 - RCIU 1 :(

Tale of two halves. Pretty evenly played first half (possesion, tackles, lack of chances). 0-0 after 45 minutes. Second half was a DISASTER for the Hooped Idiots as we could not (seriously) string more than two consecutive passes together. As a result of our collective willingness to continuously and constantly give them the ball, they came at us in waves for most of the half. One goal off a cross, one PK, one given to them by a poor GK throw, one counter-attack tap in for unmarked player on far stick. For us, a low driven ball from an indirect free kick on the endline that pinballed in.

Only positive may be that our youth are getting lots of opportunity to play and develop.

On to next week at 7PM in Langley! Seriously, how is that allowed? VMSL or FVSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0