Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] September & October 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] September 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Sapp 4 - RCIU 1 :(

Tale of two halves. Pretty evenly played first half (possesion, tackles, lack of chances). 0-0 after 45 minutes. Second half was a DISASTER for the Hooped Idiots as we could not (seriously) string more than two consecutive passes together. As a result of our collective willingness to continuously and constantly give them the ball, they came at us in waves for most of the half. One goal off a cross, one PK, one given to them by a poor GK throw, one counter-attack tap in for unmarked player on far stick. For us, a low driven ball from an indirect free kick on the endline that pinballed in.

Only positive may be that our youth are getting lots of opportunity to play and develop.

On to next week at 7PM in Langley! Seriously, how is that allowed? VMSL or FVSL?

It's LADNER. Even I have a less bias slant when posting! Sounds from your quote, you gave us the game. Sapp was very lucky.....:rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's LADNER. Even I have a less bias slant when posting! Sounds from your quote, you gave us the game. Sapp was very lucky.....:rolleyes:

WAB, are you implying that Lobbans play out of Ladner? I know they have last year's Delta Metro crew running the team, but they play out of Municipal Athletic Park in Langley.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Their home games are in flippin' Langley at 7PM on Sundays!?!?

WAB, I didn't mean to take away from the way Sapp played at all...solid skill, speed, fitness, challenges, etc. throughout your line-up. However, in my attempts to truly be unbiased, yes, in a huge way we gave you the game...as we simply gave you the ball for nearly the entire 2nd half.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Their home games are in flippin' Langley at 7PM on Sundays!?!?WAB, I didn't mean to take away from the way Sapp played at all...solid skill, speed, fitness, challenges, etc. throughout your line-up.* However, in my attempts to truly be unbiased, yes, in a huge way we gave you the game...as we simply gave you the ball for nearly the entire 2nd half.
You did give away the ball in the 2nd a lot and we did well possessing after the fact. Anyway, if any games are in LANGLEY, fcuk what the hell is the league coming to? Why not abbotsford? How about on a Friday night, kickoff at 6 PM? The league should have some sort of maximum travel rule.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just pray Squamish doesn't get promoted from div 2.

Or you don't get demoted and end up in their division :p

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just pray Squamish doesn't get promoted from div 2.

Or you don't get demoted and end up in their division :p

Did that drive in 1994 in Sapperton's 1st year. The game was almost postponed due to water on the field - screw that, we said, we came all this way for a rainout? We're playing.
Thankfully, the game was played.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

PHP:
Player			Team			Division	Date			Suspension		Fine
BARDSLEY, John 	Green Devils 'A' 	1 	2008-09-25 	BCSA--Indefinite 	???

Did something happen in the Green Devils vs. Olympics game?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why the fcuk do we have do drive to Langely? And 7 pm on a Sunday night? Masters is looking better an better!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

there there Devo.............we have to get up and play @ 10:00 am this weekend......half your team won't even have opened there eyes before 10:00 am:D

But if you are serious we could make a swap I am sure.

Good luck

JP

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like the Canes may get a fine and lose 3 points according to some rumblings at the League Office Hearings last nite because of a player playing illegally for a team on their same side! From the excellent site:

SINGH, Raymond Surrey FC/Punjab Hurricanes 1 2008-09-25 Indefinite ???

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

John,
Straight trade, me for Ramsey. I was up at 8 am even on the piss.
At least I could run for 90 mins. Uneffective however but 90 non-the-less.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why the fcuk do we have do drive to Langely? And 7 pm on a Sunday night? Masters is looking better an better!
Sapp is looking for some quality Master guys.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 4 - Primo 1

Third straight 4-1 game. I am surprised they are near the top of the league. I think both RCIU and Ladner are better teams. Should have been 10. They do have this one guy with long hair with dreads that can hit the ball, though.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ICST Pegasus 2 Westside Rino 0

Rino failed to register a shot on goal and were content playing for a 0 - 0 draw. It wasn't a great game but a game which could have been more in favour of ICST. Westside was pretty well organized for the most part and made it difficult to break them down.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can't wait for the Imperial Cup play. I would want to know how Sapp and Indo stack up against each other and against the Prem.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fcuk! It wasn't a bad dream! Nothing of note to say, as the score wraps it up. Lobbans is NOT the same team from the last 7 years. Not even one veteran from the Vancouver based team. A very skilled, quick, and well-coached team. Oh yeah...

RCIU 1 - Lobbans 7

Hooped Idiots have some major issues ahead if they cannot turn this ship around.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 4 - Primo 1

Third straight 4-1 game. I am surprised they are near the top of the league. I think both RCIU and Ladner are better teams. Should have been 10. They do have this one guy with long hair with dreads that can hit the ball, though.

Should have been 10? I somewhat agree but it looks as though your finishing from last year has followed you down from Prem. :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Should have been 10? I somewhat agree but it looks as though your finishing from last year has followed you down from Prem. :D

Can't agree more. Most of the time at our level that is the difference. You should have been up 2-1 but your midfielder couldn't hit the open net on the goalie error. All in all the game was pretty ugly. Queens Park is a great field when it's dry, but those 2 days of rain softened it up too much.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

ICST Pegasus 2 Westside Rino 0

Rino failed to register a shot on goal and were content playing for a 0 - 0 draw. It wasn't a great game but a game which could have been more in favour of ICST. Westside was pretty well organized for the most part and made it difficult to break them down.

Captain, we were not content playing for 0-0. If we wanted to do that, we would have moved the game to grass and played with 10 men behind the ball. You are just failing to give credit to the ICST/Peg backline who played very well. They are difficult to penetrate and transition the ball very well through the midfield and to the forwards, which kept us on our heels most of the game. Also, it didn't help that we couldn't win a single header against Reedie or Morris.

On to Minger's next week...

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, Captain Ferris...listen to Dezza...I did not lose a header all game and this is clearly why we won. This plus Stephen Burns was controlling the midfield and scoring both goals. :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0