Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, my predictions are true....Club I vs Serbia final.

It will be a big turnout..How many fans does Club I have? By watching last Serbian game, they seem to have a large crowd, probably top three in all of VMSL.

prediction..hmm..tough one..Club I has played more of competitive games lately, as Serbs had a long break..thus 1:1..of to penalties..where anything can happen..

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow!!! 6-4 Bingers Army over Punjab??? What a shootout!!! Nobby, any match report on this one?!

It was an offensive extravaganza out there. We go up early on a coast to coast beauty with 5 different players involved in one touch magic. A questionable PK gave us a 2-0 lead, shortlived due to an absolute rocket on a breakaway by their left winger. We go up 3-1 on another nicely crafted goal to end the half. Second half sees the Hurricanes grab one back before we go coast to coast again 4 players, 4 touches and a header finds the back of the net. We then scored a fifth goal which was disallowed even though the ref admitted he thought it went in, even their players thought so too. (Apparently he couldn't find the hole in the net that it went through, must be time for the Army to invest in new nets) They proceed to come down and score immediately on a play that was about 5 yards offside and all of a sudden it's 4-3. We come back down and get one back although it seems that our player may have handled the ball before chipping the keeper. We scored another on a great individual effort to make it 6-3 before their winger completes his hat trick to make the final 6-4.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
something about the game was just said on 1040. PAt quinn and marjonovich have a bet of one cohiba over the result.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha nice... good information blaze.. should be quite the game... the atmosphere will be electric with shamrock in the house.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To rephrase my quote at the beginning of the year "Imagine running the table and winning your side and not get promoted....."

I feel for the White Eagles - going undefeated (13-5-0) and their only loss of the season costs them their part in the big dance.

Congrats to CI - good luck next year - you guys most certainly deserve it - you knew you had to win your last six and you did that in emphatic fashion!!!

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Club I on a huge win tonight. Totally deserved in every way. Outworked, outplayed, basically did everything better than serbia in all aspects of the game. Serbia, did at any point during the game did you realize that if you won, you would be in the premier league next season??? You lot were horrible. No sense of urgency at all in the game. Lets not here about injuries or suspensions either, because nothing would have helped you out tonight. Enjoy next season in div 1. Maybe a name change would be in order.....how about the Serbia PAtriots. Highlight of the night came with Club I goal celebrations off the field. I believe CS was spotted doing the infamous Mourinho fist pump as well as the popular airplane down the Club I touchline. Looking forward to another 18 posts in a row from the early hours.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go on you Club I... 14 years in the making.

Just talked to OD and it's going to be a long night for the bhoys. Well done Club I.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlight of the night came with Club I goal celebrations off the field. I believe CS was spotted doing the infamous Mourinho fist pump as well as the popular airplane down the Club I touchline.

I haven't seen Burnsie celebrate like that since his Winnipeg Fury/Vancouver 86er days. I believe they brought out the oxygen at halftime.

Congratulations to all Club Ireland players, coaches and managers....well earned and deserved on the day.

Burnsie....I know you weren't "officially" with the club this year, but you've dedicated many many years into that club and will continue to so in the future. You are the only person I know who bleeds GREEN!!! You deserve to celebrate.

Is there a possibility of ICSTCI next year!?!? With possibly a little RU?

Again congratulations and enjoy the celebration tonight, tomorrow night, and the during the next 5 months.

Gilly

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAMPIONS!!!! CHAMPIONS!!! OLE, OLE, OLE!!!!

CLUB IRELAND 3-0 Serbia White Eagles

A fantastic performance by the Bhoy's tonight, and as Tommy Johnson mentioned above, completely deserved. We outplayed, outchanced, and outworked the Serbs tonight. Our bhoy's were so hungry for this game after securing the league title last Saturday...what a way to begin the St. Patrick's Day weekend!!! Serbia showed up in their boots and started what looked like a training session, more than 65 minutes before kick-off...not sure if that was their regular pre-game preparation, but some of their lads must have been knackered by kick-off!!!

An excellent performance by every one of the Hoops tonight, prevailing in a very satisfying result. MOTM for me was TBell, with his 2 excellent goals and the lovely cross he swung right onto the head of Club I Champ for our third. The Serbs weren't given a sniff in midfield or up front and were limited to a few long-range efforts on my goal.

Tonight culminates a very satisfying 3 1/2 years for me personally, as it was that long ago that the club asked me to take on the head coach reigns of our first team...admittedly, it's not been easy being a player/coach, but I have enjoyed the challenge and hope the players have enjoyed the environment I have created during this time. Hopefully, we can continue forward with some helpful additions for next year and enjoy our football as much as we have this year.

Thank you to all our supporters and those of you that came out to watch, as it made for a spectacular atmosphere tonight!

All the best for an excellent St. Patrick's Day weekend to you all!

Cheers!

Burnro

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was an unbelievable night for the Bhoys........started the game VERY well and went up on a free-kick within 10 minutes..........we absorbed some pressure until the half and they hit the crossbar with a laser of a shot........but just before half we scored, which buried them. A great turnout by their supporters but when all was said and done, Club Ireland was the better team on the night.........to the lads who have posted(Gilly/KNVB etc).....you're right, it has been 14 fcuking years and based on last night's performance, it is well deserved. No one expected the Hurricanes to do what they did......but they did and opened the door for the Hoops. The last time this happened(promoted from Div. 2 to Div. 1), my father was alive. He was there with us last night. God bless you Danny Bhoy. This win was for you and George Roberts. God bless you.

Tiocfaidh Ar La

Our day did come.....a night to remember forever, although I can't remember anything which happened after midnight........doesn't matter though.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, you didn't see me celebrate after the Firemen win 2 weeks ago....it was VERY close but for different reasons obviously.

Thanks to ALL the Indo-Sikh Temple Bhoys who came out yesterday and a special thumbs up to Gurj who showed up with his boyfriend and finally came out of the closet. God bless the both of you, Gurj. Having said that, I don't know why you would when you have a FANTASTIC wife.

Hail Hail

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a night for the bhoys.

Thanks to everyone who came out to watch and/or support us.

Craig; you have done a fantastic job.

Too bad for the Serbs to have had such a great season and to not get the automatic promotion they would ha ve received every other year. Every Serbian in Metro Vancouver must have been at Byrne Creek last night.

It has been such a pleasure to be associated with the Bhoys for so long. As Burnsie said we now have 2 great St. Patricks weekend memories to relish.

Guys---JUST FANTASTIC.---

P.S. One Dart--your chariot is still at my place.

Sidewinder

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An organization like Club Ireland belongs in Premier. Well done and congrats to Burnham and the bhoys...and of course to the Captian as well:D

Sandman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Club I!

That is one amazing run to finish the year... it's going to be an interesting summer with other Prem teams getting ready for Mucknair's return to the Premier League :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a night for the bhoys.

Thanks to everyone who came out to watch and/or support us.

Craig; you have done a fantastic job.

Too bad for the Serbs to have had such a great season and to not get the automatic promotion they would ha ve received every other year. Every Serbian in Metro Vancouver must have been at Byrne Creek last night.

It has been such a pleasure to be associated with the Bhoys for so long. As Burnsie said we now have 2 great St. Patricks weekend memories to relish.

Guys---JUST FANTASTIC.---

P.S. One Dart--your chariot is still at my place.

Sidewinder

Well said, David..........Craig, well done, m8. To Dave Arnold, Dave Lawrence, Jimmy Caldwell...........congrats to you Bhoys too. You have dedicated a lot of time towards the club and this was one unforgetable evening. Granted I can't remember much of it after we left Byrne Creek but I can live with that. :D

The Buck has never been the same...........:D

Congratulations to Serbia too on a great year. Your supporters are very loyal and that was obvious by the amount of people on your sideline. On the night, Club Ireland gave Serbia nothing........the one chance off the crossbar and that was about it.......Club I's counter-attacks were lethal and the goal before the half was the dagger to the heart........what a ****ing night. Now I get to go play extremely hungover. Thanks a fcuking lot. :D:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0