Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey One Dart,I play for the Army,Did you just take a shot at us?Let me just say that since the Murph went to play for the Firemen a few years ago our wing consumption has gone way down.To the Hoops,we would love to stop your promotion run.Nothing personal,it does not matter what place you are in we always get up for games against you guys.I just hope we get a good turnout for our re-match.

Thank god you spoke up BlazeArmy. I was about to really have a go at a typical daft Kaiser post.

Cliff Rumbler

Jan 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad about the hurricanes loosing to Club I, but they still have a chance if they mess up in one of their remaining three games. I knew that Hurricanes would screw up when I saw most of their players on the piss friday night at Mirage. Im thinking there will be a big shake down at the Hurricanes camp after this huge defeat. This was the year that they should have gone up to premier and as gilly said before next year is going to be 100 times tougher. Hopefully the guys learn from this and if they dont want to go back to the canes next year they are always welcome at Cliff :D...

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad about the hurricanes loosing to Club I, but they still have a chance if they mess up in one of their remaining three games. I knew that Hurricanes would screw up when I saw most of their players on the piss friday night at Mirage. Im thinking there will be a big shake down at the Hurricanes camp after this huge defeat. This was the year that they should have gone up to premier and as gilly said before next year is going to be 100 times tougher. Hopefully the guys learn from this and if they dont want to go back to the canes next year they are always welcome at Cliff :D...

Cliff Ave Hurricanes, has a good ring to it and a runn for promo in 2008/09. Maybe you should get sponsored by Mirage:eek::D:p:knvb::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you talking about? They managed to keep it under ten. The way things were looking in the first half how can they not take positives from that result?

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Kaiser and the boys could steal a point off of The Hurricanes it would be greatly appreciated. Having said that they certainly have the potential to upset and take all 3 points leaving Hurricanes on 37 points in 18 GP. Bingers will enjoy being in the role of spoiler, and should be looking forward to playing the top 2 teams in this side of the division over the next two weekends.

Hurricanes have now scored a whopping 2 goals in 4 games against the top half of the table, and have been shutout twice, by both Richmond based clubs. :)

We play Friday night against a Sarajevo squad in the relegation fight with Lobbans. A battle for 90 minutes awaits the HOOPS and we'll need to play like we did this past weekend to keep hope alive. We are aiming for 9 more points to finish on 41 through 18 GP.

Cliff Ave vs. Lobbans will be another battle, with Cliff taking a narrow victory 1-nil over a struggling Lobbans side. Inspector Blake needs to rally the troops down the stretch.

RU should roll over Fiij by at least a couple I figure. Have Fiji just been forfeiting games??

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes have now scored a whopping 2 goals in 4 games against the top half of the table, and have been shutout twice, by both Richmond based clubs.

Cheers...I think. Klaus

Stillenviouosoftheexcitementathetopofthetablebuthappywiththeyoungidiots.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hoops 2-0 Bingers Army

A solid performance by the Bhoy's today against an under strength Army squad...at least 2-3 of their players must have been 45+ years of age!!! Regardless, the Hoops came out to play and could have been up 5-0 at the half, but for some lacklustre finishing in front of goal. Bingers still came out battling the entire match, but we controlled the tempo and were quite comfortable the entire match...1-0 at half and then the insurance marker in the 2nd half to secure the 3-points.

Cheers to the 3 Punjab Hurricane players & 4 Serbian White Eagle scouts who came out to cheer us on! 3-points down, 6 more to secure the promotion playoff match, although, who knows when those games will be played with the next 2 weeks full of Cup play???

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro you are correct that the Army was shorthanded, however from all reports your boys were full value for the win.

We did indeed have 3 players, one 45 and one 47 years old, come out of retirement for the game and 2 others who played their first games since October. That combined with a 17 year old goalkeeper signed for the game allowed us to field a team. We did not want to forfeit the game as we knew it would affect the promotion race but we were decimated by a large number of players out of town, work commitments and a memorial service that 3 of us attended that afternoon.

I am proud of our lads for the effort they showed on the day. Although outmatched and outplayed, they managed to make the final scoreline respectable. We look forward to future battles with the hoops in summer league.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 6-2 Sarajevo FC

The Bhoys came out ready to play today and we had the game taken care of 20 mins in at 3-0. Sarajevo didn't offer much going forward except for a young tall lad who continually tried to cherry-pick our backline, but to no avail. Some excellently taken goals by our bhoys today, but a disappointing finish, giving up one on a free header and then a dubious PK late in the game.

With Bingers Army winning their Div. 1 Cup Semi-Final, Punjab probably have to wait another week or two before getting their make-up game. For the Hoops, we should be on to Fiji in our final league game next Saturday.

Klaus, Kippax - any update on how Fiji looked against you guys in your closely fought 2-1 win today?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard today that the Binger's vs. Hurricanes match will go ahead next weekend. Would be great if they could schedule the two games on fields side-by-side somewhere. (although unlikely since it's a home game in Richmond for CI)

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fiji, as well as ourselves, had a bare 11 (including 3 O-35's!).

Fiji really isn't the worst our side has to offer (skill-wise and team football-wise). Although, standings don't lie. Fiji can have a sloid line-up one week, and a disaster the following. They had one kid in yellow boots (Ivor Jr???) who was decent and another heavier set defender who could confidently distribute a ball. However, they should NOT be a problem for Club I.

Klaus

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 6-2 Sarajevo FC

Klaus, Kippax - any update on how Fiji looked against you guys in your closely fought 2-1 win today?

Burno - I'd be more concerned about what "youth" players Punjab decide to "loan" to Fiji in your final game.

Last year our final game was against Fiji and "mysteriously" 3 or 4 of their BEST young players who were all on "youth" permits happened to show up and play for Fiji. We (Delta Blaze) managed a 2-0 win but both goals came late. We had to win our game to gain promotion - and that we did!!!

A motivated Fiji team especially with some Punjab "help" will be difficult - I'd do some background work if I were you........

Some words of advice.

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0